I had an account on the Q10 set up as an IMAP account. I found when deleting a large number of Emails from the hub, they would not be deleted from the server. So every few months I would clean up these left over messages from the server.

To try to avoid doing this, I reprogramed the account to use POP3 on the Q10 instead of IMAP. But this did not change what happens. Why is POP3 leaving messages on the server? When I program Outlook on a PC, for example, POP3 causes all messages on the server to be downloaded into Outlook and removes them from the server. IMAP, on the other hand, would leave the messages on the server. Bit on the Q10, POP3 and IMAP seem to be working the same way.
    12-11-17 09:18 PM
    POP doesn't sync with your mail server, it just forwards the messages to you mobile inbox. I don't know why IMAP isn't syncing properly for you. Do you have the proper settings selected to delete from server?

https://www.guidingtech.com/2207/dif...-pop-and-imap/
    12-11-17 09:58 PM
    My settings are correct. The issue with BB10 is that if you are deleting a single message it will also delete it from the server. BUT, if you are deleting ALL messages from the hub at once, then it does not delete them from the server.

Regarding POP3, it does not forward messages to the mobile inbox. Instead the Blackberry BB10 is periodically checking via POP3 to see if there is a message waiting in the Email address associated with it, to pull down from the server. In Outlook, when a message is pulled down under POP3 it is removed from the server at the same time. That does not seem to be the case with BB10.
    12-12-17 02:17 AM
    My settings are correct. The issue with BB10 is that if you are deleting a single message it will also delete it from the server. BUT, if you are deleting ALL messages from the hub at once, then it does not delete them from the server.

Regarding POP3, it does not forward messages to the mobile inbox. Instead the Blackberry BB10 is periodically checking via POP3 to see if there is a message waiting in the Email address associated with it, to pull down from the server. In Outlook, when a message is pulled down under POP3 it is removed from the server at the same time. That does not seem to be the case with BB10.
    All messages are deleted from the server with my IMAP accounts, whether it is all or singly. The issue is not with BB10, but you accounts.

Did you read the article I linked? POP only communicates in one direction.
    12-12-17 08:29 AM
    I've always had this issue with IMAP on BB10. It appears to delete the email, whether one or more, but they're only moved to the Trash or Deleted Items folder. I cannot see the emails on BB10, but I can on webmail or Outlook desktop client, which does allow me to really delete the email.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    12-12-17 04:36 PM
    I do understand the difference between POP3 and IMAP and I can see that they are both acting exactly the same way regardless of which is used, which is NOT what POP3 and IMAP are supposed to be doing. What are you using as an Email server when you indicate IMAP is properly deleting all of your server messages when you delete all messages from the BB hub at once.

to HappysFavorite - Let me explain further. I have an Email account on my server to which I forward any Email that I wish to have appear on my Blackberry. When I have the BB10 configured to access that account via IMAP, when I delete one message at a time from the hub it will delete the message on the server. When I delete 10 message at once from the hub, for example, they will remain on the external Email server. I would expect all the messages to be deleted. Since you indicate that all your message are being properly deleted when you do a bulk delete on your BB10 hub, I would like to track down what setting might differ on my BB10 versus yours and what Email server you are using versus mine. Because mine certainly is not deleting all the messages. Every 6 months I go in a delete over 10,000 Emails sitting on the server.

Now to try to fix this issue, I have changed the BB10 to use POP3 instead of IMAP. Now under POP3, and as stated in the article you referenced, mail is moved from the server to the client (the BB10 in this case) and immediately removed from the server. Well I can state this is NOT what is happening. I just made the change the other day and there are now hundreds of Email messages that have been delivered to my BB10 that are all sitting in the inbox on my server. They are properly flagged as having been delivered, but they have not been deleted even though POP3 sucked them into the BB10.

So right now, I see absolutely no difference between how IMAP is working on the BB10 versus POP3 on the BB10.

The Email setting on my BB10 hub is - Delete On = Hub and Server

Apparently this condition started with an prior software release of BB10 software. It used to work as expected but prior postings indicate that it stopped working. See:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...y-hub-1026448/

So since you are stating that it is working for you, then post your BB10 settings and what Email server is working for you when it is not working for me at all and apparently not working for many others either.
    12-13-17 12:47 AM
    I am currently using a Gmail account and a Yahoo Small Business account. Both are set up using IMAP.

With the Yahoo account I delete tons of emails at once everyday. Without fail they are removed from my inbox on all clients. I can be less certain about the Gmail account because I rarely would delete more than 10 at a time.

My settings are set to delete from both the Hub and server.

The thread you linked to was about the 'Delete Prior' action. Several people said normal deletion methods still worked fine for them, just not using 'Delete Prior'.
    12-13-17 11:48 AM
    When you say you delete tons of Email everyday, are you doing that one Email at a time. What I am talking about is using the hub to delete more than one message at a time. That is exactly a Delete Prior that is referred to in that other thread. That is exactly what I was referring to when I first stated about deleting a large number of Emails from the hub at once as opposed to deleting one message at a time. I agree that IMAP is working if you delete each message individually. But I can typically have 50 - 100 messages sitting in the hub that I have read and then delete in one bulk delete using Delete Prior. They do not get deleted from the server when deleting more than a single message at a time. The Delete Prior function leaves messages on the server.
    12-14-17 01:46 AM
    When you say you delete tons of Email everyday, are you doing that one Email at a time. What I am talking about is using the hub to delete more than one message at a time. That is exactly a Delete Prior that is referred to in that other thread. That is exactly what I was referring to when I first stated about deleting a large number of Emails from the hub at once as opposed to deleting one message at a time. I agree that IMAP is working if you delete each message individually. But I can typically have 50 - 100 messages sitting in the hub that I have read and then delete in one bulk delete using Delete Prior. They do not get deleted from the server when deleting more than a single message at a time. The Delete Prior function leaves messages on the server.
    I thought I was very clear:
    I delete tons of emails at once everyday.
    "At once" meaning, well, at once. Not individually. All at one time.

And, unless you just weren't being clear, Delete Prior is not what you were talking about, You were just talking about bulk deletion. Delete Prior is when you press and hold the date in the Hub, and delete all emails prior to that date. That is totally different from what we were discussing. Since I have old emails in my inbox that I need, I have never used Delete Prior, because it would get rid of every email older than the date I selected. So I just select the emails I want to delete, press Delete button once, and they are removed from my Hub and the server.
    12-14-17 11:25 AM
    AH. So this explains why it is working for you and not for me. I have never deleted messages the way you stated where you are using the More function to select specific messages to delete at one time. I’m fact until you specified what you are doing, I didn’t realize you can select multiple messages at one time to delete. So this is why all your selected IMAP-based messages are being deleted. I only use the Delete Prior function which I thought was the only way to delete multiple messages. IMAP does not delete server messages when delete priormis being used.

The way you are using your BB10 is different than I do. You are selecting individual messages to delete at once and leaving messages you wish to work on later. I always delete all my BB10 messages at one time. Typically this is 40 - 200 messages each time I do a delete. So selecting those messages individually is not practical. I ALWAYS use delete prior.

It does not seem to make sense at all that Blackberry would implement deletion from the server when deleting a group of selected messages when they could have performed the exact same function when ALL messages were selected, which delete prior does. An apparently from prior posts, this used to work in prior firmware releases. But then they took the functionality away and unfortunately did not make it an option as to the methodolgy to deploy. And at this point in time we are not going to see any more feature updates to our BB10’s. So I will need to continue to manually delete messages on my server.

But to change the subject to POP3 rather than IMAP, why is POP3 retrieval from BB10 leaving the messages on the server? POP3 in Outlook and most clients, moves the messages from the server to the client is not removing them from the server. And this is not a server option. If I use Outlook POP3 to access the same server mailbox as the BB10,the messages are deleted. But if the BB10 retrieves from there it does not remove the messages. This appears to be an issue with the BB10 implementation of POP3.
    12-14-17 11:54 AM
    Just to say... I have a POP3 and an IMAP. BOTH will deleted from server when (so specified) are deleted from Hub on my Z30.
    12-17-17 11:04 AM
    AH. So this explains why it is working for you and not for me. I have never deleted messages the way you stated where you are using the More function to select specific messages to delete at one time. I’m fact until you specified what you are doing, I didn’t realize you can select multiple messages at one time to delete. So this is why all your selected IMAP-based messages are being deleted. I only use the Delete Prior function which I thought was the only way to delete multiple messages. IMAP does not delete server messages when delete priormis being used.

The way you are using your BB10 is different than I do. You are selecting individual messages to delete at once and leaving messages you wish to work on later. I always delete all my BB10 messages at one time. Typically this is 40 - 200 messages each time I do a delete. So selecting those messages individually is not practical. I ALWAYS use delete prior.

It does not seem to make sense at all that Blackberry would implement deletion from the server when deleting a group of selected messages when they could have performed the exact same function when ALL messages were selected, which delete prior does. An apparently from prior posts, this used to work in prior firmware releases. But then they took the functionality away and unfortunately did not make it an option as to the methodolgy to deploy. And at this point in time we are not going to see any more feature updates to our BB10’s. So I will need to continue to manually delete messages on my server.

But to change the subject to POP3 rather than IMAP, why is POP3 retrieval from BB10 leaving the messages on the server? POP3 in Outlook and most clients, moves the messages from the server to the client is not removing them from the server. And this is not a server option. If I use Outlook POP3 to access the same server mailbox as the BB10,the messages are deleted. But if the BB10 retrieves from there it does not remove the messages. This appears to be an issue with the BB10 implementation of POP3.
    The way you describe POP3 in Outlook is only an option. You also have the option to leave a copy of all mail on the server and only download a copy to Outlook. It's always been my understanding that BB10 on POP3 works the same way and only retrieves a copy of your mail from the server. There may be a way to change that, but I believe that's how it works by default.
    12-19-17 06:24 AM