I just love all these armchair quarterbacks who think everything done by the police is police brutality. So you started filming when he had the kid against the wall. You don't know what happened prior to that. Your video would useless anyways. Glad it was deleted and you can't recover it.

Posted via CB10
    That's true.
    All police officers are profesional and there aren't any bad apples. It was most likely the kids fault. The kid was an iPhone user who was just putting his head against the wall wrong and the officer was helping him.

BTW, the good officers know who the bad ones are. I remember as a kid in the P.A.L. leagues how the cops who would coach us always warned us about some of their fellow officers.

It's a shame that the few bad ones are the loud minority in the public perception because of their horrible actions. I feel for the good ones, who are actually the majority, and are given a bad name because of the bad apples.

In conclusion: It's Apple's fault! lol

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2339 CB10
    Last edited by jope28; 07-17-15 at 11:33 PM.
    07-17-15 10:29 PM

Seriously though I'm sure whatever said person did they probably deserved it in the first place. Don't get in trouble or fight with police and nothing bad will happen, promise

Posted via CB10
    Thumbs down! BOOOO!!! No one deserves police brutality. Haven't even read through the whole thread yet, saw what you said and had to say....BOOOO!!!

Posted via CB10
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    07-17-15 11:52 PM
    I just love all these armchair quarterbacks who think everything done by the police is police brutality. So you started filming when he had the kid against the wall. You don't know what happened prior to that. Your video would useless anyways. Glad it was deleted and you can't recover it.

Posted via CB10
    And BOOOO!!!!! To you too!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 11:54 PM
    If it's saved in the internal drive, there's nothing that you can do.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 04:39 AM
    Hey,

I filmed an instance of police brutality tonight on the streets. I got it on tape, and kept filming after the officer demanded I hand him my phone as evidence of the crime. I was still filming when I asked him if he'd let me go with my phone if I deleted the video, I got his 'yes' on camera. I tried quickly to copy the vid in the file manager, but I can't find it, so I think I didn't.

Haven't so much as touched the phone since then. Any way to recover the deleted .mp4?

Thanks.
    Ya should have locked the phone and said you have the right to record this abuse and will be making a formal complaint with his / her supervisor. If they arrested you, then the video would have been your key witness for the law suite.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 04:54 AM
    There is no media card (the video was saved to internal storage). USB mode doesn't have the internal storage show up. (I'm using a Mac, but I also have Parallels/VMWare Fusion running that would detect it).

No card in the phone, only internal..
    It doesn't matter, if you hook it up via USB (or WiFi) drive named MEDIA should show up in your Finder or Desktop and that is your internal drive. There you can find all your user files on internal drive.

Since this thread is getting polarized on some very serious subject I just want to clarify that I am only suggesting a possible way to restore your deleted files. It has worked for me in the past and I just want to share it.
    07-18-15 05:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    this is exactly why the police get away with murder because back in the day no one knew what they would do to people abusing the crap out of everyone. the police have no right in confiscating your phone from you. cops are so corrupt that in nyc the mafia had police on their payroll to do hits on their rivals. not too long ago a cop shot an unarmed man in the back, do you know what he filed in his police report that the man was reaching for his gun and everyone believed till a video popped out and showed everyone what really happened.
    07-18-15 09:16 AM
    The world would be so much peaceful without police. Anybody could go shoot anybody, you could rob or steal anybodys cars, wife's, kids, money, ect with no worries of getting shot for no reason by cops!

Drugs would be so easy to get, steal, grow, sell..

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.798
    07-18-15 12:32 PM
    without police. Anybody could go shoot anybody, you could rob or steal anybodys cars, wife's, kids, money, ect with no worries of getting shot for no reason by cops!

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.798
    Let me edit that for you: "The world would be so much more peaceful without CRIMINAL police officers that break the law themselves by abusing their power that end up giving the good majority of officers a bad name..."

There, that should do it. FIXED IT lol

07-18-15 12:42 PM
    Let me edit that for you: "The world would be so much more peaceful without CRIMINAL police officers that break the law themselves by abusing their power that end up giving the good majority of officers a bad name..."

There, that should do it. FIXED IT lol

The world would be better without the Criminals in the first place lol

Posted via CB10
    jas1978 likes this.
    07-18-15 12:52 PM
    The world would be better without the Criminals in the first place lol

Posted via CB10
    Criminals with a badge or without a badge. There's no distinction. A criminal is a criminal is a criminal lol

07-18-15 01:15 PM
    The world would be so much peaceful without police. Anybody could go shoot anybody, you could rob or steal anybodys cars, wife's, kids, money, ect with no worries of getting shot for no reason by cops!

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.798
    Well, depends on how you view it. If you believe the state of nature is brutish, cold hearted, dog eat dog, then yeah, police and governance in general are needed, and you are would probably be a follower of Hobbes and Locke and believe the Social Contract naturally occured because humans had to band together under a single leader to defend themselves from other humans. Some of us follow Rousseau though, and believe the state of nature was generally noble and civil, with humans cooperating with each other in an equal balance with their surroundings, the noble, civil savage if you will. Until some folks up in the hills had a famine, realized they could take by force what the people in the Valley had, and started raiding them. Then, once the Valley people started to defend themselves, one of the hill people came up with a great idea. He went to the Valley people and told them he had an army, and he would defend them if they would feed him and his army and do what he said. When the village agreed, to their dismay his army was the people who had been raiding them, and now they had willingly submitted to their brutish rule, thus establishing the first iteration of the mythical social contract, the first government, the first military, the first police, the first seeds of discontent in the hearts of an occupied population. The first need to escape.

There is evidence that when taken out of the state of nature, an animal easily succumbs to addiction (I'm talking Morphine addiction here, btw, look up Rat Park) and when put back into the state of nature, it leaves it's addiction behind, because abuse of narcotic drugs is an attempt to escape a situation you have no control over (natural hallucinogenics are a different story though, like cannabis, psilocybe mushrooms, peyote, etc...they are for connecting to something that we lost in the transition to our unnatural state, and I doubt we would give those up if we were free again, considering animals in the state of nature do ingest those regularly, and some theories credit the evolution of the human brain and it's capacity to come up with advanced concepts to the use of hallucinogenics by our primitive ancestors). So maybe get rid of the cops, the government, put humans back into a state of nature where they are forced to be cooperative in order to survive, and just maybe all that crime and drug abuse disappears. Maybe even the psychopaths disappear, maybe the psychopath is just a natural evolution brought on by being in such an unnatural state for so long (psychopaths are so different that they could be considered a completely separate type of human at this point, for they lack the basic empathy and compassion that make a human a human. They comprise about 25% percent of the population, and tend to gravitate to positions of power, like ceos of corporations and politicians. Look up Ponerology, the study of evil).

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 01:28 PM

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.798
    Heck I bet if everybody packed heat there would be less crime, if some crook knew everyone around him was armed there's no way he would do anything he just wouldn't get out of it alive. Since a crook knows the majority of people aren't armed by the time police show up he's long gone. We wouldn't even need police for situations like that.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:46 PM
    Heck I bet if everybody packed heat there would be less crime, if some crook knew everyone around him was armed there's no way he would do anything he just wouldn't get out of it alive. Since a crook knows the majority of people aren't armed by the time police show up he's long gone. We wouldn't even need police for situations like that.

Posted via CB10
    +1 - THIS!!!!^^^^^

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2239/841 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    07-18-15 05:12 PM
    OP have you figured it out? I'll try some things tomorrow. Give me a update do you use SD for storage on camera? Check camera app...settings...save to sd toggled? What was the file name of the video before and after this called? (filenames)

In Squircle I Trust
    07-19-15 12:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Do you work for the police state by any chance?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-19-15 12:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's the stupid American solution. Give everyone a gun.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-19-15 01:00 AM
    I can't recall, but wonder share has a good recovery tool 2 brands you can try wondershare and tenoshare

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 01:07 AM
    OP have you figured it out? I'll try some things tomorrow. Give me a update do you use SD for storage on camera? Check camera app...settings...save to sd toggled? What was the file name of the video before and after this called? (filenames)

In Squircle I Trust
    Hey, thanks for sticking with me.

I think I've 'figured it out', it's just that I've figured out that what I'm looking to do can't be done. Maybe if I'd had an SD card inserted, but I didn't. I own a BlackBerry, and I shouldn't be surprised when the security is, well, secure. Oh well. One more police brutality caught on tape wouldn't change the world Thanks for everyone's help.
    07-19-15 01:10 AM
    Hey, thanks for sticking with me.

I think I've 'figured it out', it's just that I've figured out that what I'm looking to do can't be done. Maybe if I'd had an SD card inserted, but I didn't. I own a BlackBerry, and I shouldn't be surprised when the security is, well, secure. Oh well. One more police brutality caught on tape wouldn't change the world Thanks for everyone's help.
    If the evolution hadn't given us 1% difference in our DNA, we would be a dolphin.

Stick with it, recuva from Piriforum should help you. It helped me recovering my deleted stuff. I git everything back.

Make sure to plug in your device with USB, switch on "Mass storage" in the storage and access" settings.

then use Recuva. Should work. No magic in it.

07-19-15 04:29 AM
    Do you work for the police state by any chance?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Stick to the U.S. Don't want people like you in my Canada. Don't want you to pollute it with your garbage. People like you need to stop assuming everything that the police do is illegal. You should go take a use of force training class with the police. You will then see that what the police do 9 times out of 10 is not brutality or illegal.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-19-15 05:44 AM
    Regardless of if it was justified or not, the officer has 0 right to make you delete the footage. It's not like the guy was taking creepy pictures of the cops daughter. If what was on that video was justified then there should have been no issues. Hope you can recover the video so that the officers actions can stand or fall on their own merits

Posted via CB10
    Get your lawyer to pay a pro to recover the vid & provide chain of custody...

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 08:28 AM
    That's the stupid American solution. Give everyone a gun.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    you must not be from the US, plenty of people get shot by armed thugs everyday and they prey on people who arent armed its sad but true
    07-19-15 08:32 AM
    Stick to the U.S. Don't want people like you in my Canada. Don't want you to pollute it with your garbage. People like you need to stop assuming everything that the police do is illegal. You should go take a use of force training class with the police. You will then see that what the police do 9 times out of 10 is not brutality or illegal.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao. I'm Canadian and we're talking about US police brutality.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-19-15 10:12 AM
    you must not be from the US, plenty of people get shot by armed thugs everyday and they prey on people who arent armed its sad but true
    I know what's going on in the US. The only first world nation that people suggest to harm themselves. Over 300 million weapons available and the most gun deaths of any 1st world country. Oh and the most prisoners in any single country...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-19-15 10:16 AM
64 123