I am bit confused with this. What exactly it means when we say RIM in BlackBerry?

( I am not tech guy.. so Pls explain with simple words )

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 11:16 PM
    Research In Motion

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 11:20 PM
    03-08-14 11:21 PM
    Does someone really has to start a new thread for this? Can't GOOGLE be a better tool? I think we are here for issues regarding our devices not issues regarding laziness to hit a "Google search"

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    mariosraptor, joejuck and stevepar like this.
    03-09-14 03:57 AM
    Does someone really has to start a new thread for this? Can't GOOGLE be a better tool? I think we are here for issues regarding our devices not issues regarding laziness to hit a "Google search"

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    We're here for a myriad of reasons, one of which is questions about BlackBerry. I'd wager a fair bet the OP's question fits the bill.
    03-09-14 04:06 AM
    I am bit confused with this. What exactly it means when we say RIM in BlackBerry?

( I am not tech guy.. so Pls explain with simple words )

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    RIM was the old name for the company now called BlackBerry. RIM made phones with the brand called BlackBerry. Now BlackBerry is a company which makes phones with the same brand.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 07:35 AM

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    You have no idea how many people don't know how to do proper online search.

//Some forum moderators at some forums are like communist
    03-09-14 10:05 AM
    And people are asking around whether to return to the RIM name.. this is one example why it should not be done

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    03-09-14 10:15 AM
    You have no idea how many people don't know how to do proper online search.

//Some forum moderators at some forums are like communist

We know of 1 at least.
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 03-09-14 at 11:25 AM. Reason: It was rude.
    mzway likes this.
    03-09-14 11:12 AM
    Yeah.. we don't know much about googling or may be the brand BlackBerry itself isn't much popular in asia compare to android.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 12:08 PM
    RIM was the old name for the company now called BlackBerry. RIM made phones with the brand called BlackBerry. Now BlackBerry is a company which makes phones with the same brand.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 01:21 PM

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    Don't be a *****. If you know the answer or some relevant information , share it. Lacking anything nice and helpful to say, don't be a disruption.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 02:55 PM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for the poor initial reception. Your questions about BlackBerry are welcome on this site.

Posted via CB10
    uktivo and SnoozerBold like this.
    03-09-14 02:57 PM
    Micro to Nano to full size regular SIM adapters are available and are dirt cheap...
    03-09-14 03:12 PM
    Micro to Nano to full size regular SIM adapters are available and are dirt cheap...
    Im guessing you posted in the wrong thread?

Posted via CB10
    BoldBigWorm likes this.
    03-09-14 03:54 PM

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    What an unfriendly way to welcome a (probably) new member to the BlackBerry community.

Posted on the awesome Blackberry Q5
    niss63 likes this.
    03-09-14 04:47 PM
    Im guessing you posted in the wrong thread?

Posted via CB10
    No, he is announcing to all the women that he found an adapter for his nano appendage to make it fit properly in their full-size regular slots. Okay, okay, I'm going to be in trouble for that smart alec remark.
    eldricho likes this.
    03-09-14 05:32 PM
    Don't be a *****. If you know the answer or some relevant information , share it. Lacking anything nice and helpful to say, don't be a disruption.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately I don't have time for "attention seekers" like yourself so I won't even entertain you...

Bottom line is, there a nice feature in almost every PC or smartphone called the "search button", some people should familiarise themselves with it.

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    03-09-14 05:57 PM

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    The time it took for you to whine about nothing you could have just helped him.

Z30 10.2.1.537
    niss63 likes this.
    03-09-14 06:10 PM
    Unfortunately I don't have time for "attention seekers" like yourself so I won't even entertain you...

Bottom line is, there a nice feature in almost every PC or smartphone called the "search button", some people should familiarise themselves with it.
    So being a ***** is just your personality? There are nice ways to say stuff. I suggest you learn them.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 10:11 PM
    Come on, just give each other a hug and move on.

Right, there is Google, and Bing, and duckduckgo.com, these things are helpful.

But a newbie might want a personalized answer, because that whole RIM / BBRY naming debacle needs a good and direct answer to be able to grasp what was going on.

Instead of Google that might give you random results or lots of "BUY BlackBerry here", Wikipedia is a good start, and we've got a nice native app in BlackBerry World.

;-) (-:

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    03-10-14 02:19 AM
    Take it easy, guys. Now, I know that someone should take the time to learn to search or use Google search operators for better filtering, but when a question is asked especially in a nice way, let's just answer it nicely. If you don't feel like helping someone, then just don't post at all. You are not helping and will just make the asker feel bad. Just imagine if you were treated the same. Peace

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    niss63 likes this.
    03-10-14 04:24 AM
    Please, don't search RIM job whatever you do

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-10-14 01:07 PM
    Please, don't search RIM job whatever you do

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Lol...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 03:45 PM