Just spent on a day on my BlackBerry Z3 and have had an average experience. The reason I bought this was because it is being bandied about as a communication powerhouse. But my core communication work flows are getting hampered because of the following issues -

* exiting an app in the middle of typing (with the keyboard open). I spend a lot of time on gtalk and need to keep switching to other apps and come back and continue where I left off.

* google talk or jabber client which works well. The one from BlackBerry World is very buggy.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 02:52 AM
    * exiting an app in the middle of typing (with the keyboard open). I spend a lot of time on gtalk and need to keep switching to other apps and come back and continue where I left off.
    What is your problem in this case? Multi-tasking is working fine on BB10 - in fact is the best solution on the market at this moment.
    08-28-14 03:02 AM
    In theory multi tasking works, but in practice it's a pain. Try exiting an app in which the keyboard is open (eg any chat app). Is it smooth? Once you come back is the application state maintained?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 03:06 AM
    In theory multi tasking works, but in practice it's a pain. Try exiting an app in which the keyboard is open (eg any chat app). Is it smooth? Once you come back is the application state maintained?

Posted via CB10
    Minimizing the app may be a little clunky when the virtual keyboard is active, but in my experience the application state is maintained.
    08-28-14 03:13 AM
    Google talk must be an android app... in the 10.3 update it does a better job of maintaining the state that the app was in before being minimised

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 03:18 AM
    Exactly, it is clunky. So is hiding the keyboard to read through a long email you have just typed. Now if most of your time on the phone is spent typing and switching between apps it gets irritating very quickly. And the main reason if you bought a BlackBerry was to have a communication work horse, it starts becoming a disappointment.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 03:18 AM
    Google talk is probably of the few apps that has this issue. you should try something else

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 03:24 AM
    I've gotten used to hiding the keyboard quickly. It has almost become second nature.

A quick two finger slide down will minimize the keyboard. I use my two thumbs.

If that isn't great, then holding the space bar will also minimize it.

Now, I believe the Google talk app on blackberry world is native, and integrates with hub. So why would you need it open?

Just do everything from the hub.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 03:27 AM
    Is the Hub integration working for you? I can see a message coming in, but can't open or reply to it from the Hub. Do I need to update something?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 03:34 AM
    I don't use it. I would have no clue.

I just know that if it's the native app made by BlackBerry, it should use the hub fine.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 04:34 AM
    Tried the two fingers swipe. Does not work in in most apps. Most annoyingly it does not work in Hub / Compose email.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 05:13 AM
    Two finger swipe works on all apps. Even on the main screen.

Go to your home screen, swipe up with two fingers, keyboard should come up. Swipe down, and it should disappear.

If not, try holding the spacebar.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 05:22 AM
    I just downloaded Google Talk from BlackBerry World and tested it for you.

It actually works great! Here's screenshot on my Z3.

Please help me with these major annoyances-img_20140828_165139.png

A neat trick regarding swiping out the app when you have your keyboard up is don't swipe from the middle, do it a bit to the left or to the right, so that system wouldn't think you're trying to press the space bar and let you minimize the app.
    08-28-14 06:05 AM
    Tried the two fingers swipe. Does not work in in most apps. Most annoyingly it does not work in Hub / Compose email.

Posted via CB10
    It works on any location. How do you do it?

Best way for me is to use both of my thumb, place them on the virtual keyboard, then swipe down both thumb at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 06:25 AM
    I just downloaded Google Talk from BlackBerry World and tested it for you.

It actually works great! Here's screenshot on my Z3.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140828_165139.png 
Views:	303 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	294100

A neat trick regarding swiping out the app when you have your keyboard up is don't swipe from the middle, do it a bit to the left or to the right, so that system wouldn't think you're trying to press the space bar and let you minimize the app.
    Thanks for taking the time. Which version of BlackBerry are you using? Probably this has been fixed in an update.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 09:03 AM
    Dear Saurabh....just tap on the message of the recipient and the keyboard will disapear at the moment.
    ( Ups...... I feel a little uncomfortable because it is my first post.....i just had to react to "protect" such an amazing phone %(..) )
    LeeU1911 likes this.
    08-28-14 12:39 PM
    Minimizing the keyboard is easy. Either two finger swipe down (Works in every single app, or your doing it wrong), hold space bar, or tap off the keyboard onto the text behind it. I can't help you with your app though since I would never tell Google everything about me
    08-28-14 01:21 PM
    Minimizing the keyboard is easy. Either two finger swipe down (Works in every single app, or your doing it wrong), hold space bar, or tap off the keyboard onto the text behind it. I can't help you with your app though since I would never tell Google everything about me
    Ah yes! Got it now. You have to do the two finger downward swipe ON the keyboard. I was doing it on the space above the keyboard.

Thanks a lot.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 02:35 PM
    Ah yes! Got it now. You have to do the two finger downward swipe ON the keyboard. I was doing it on the space above the keyboard.

Thanks a lot.

Posted via CB10
    Ahh! The joy of enlightenment! :-D

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    08-28-14 03:59 PM

Thanks a lot.

Posted via CB10
    Two fingers up will also close the keyboard.

Z30 144GB
    LeeU1911 likes this.
    08-28-14 04:16 PM
    Or you can simply swipe up a little farther than you normally do when the keyboard is not on..
    Basically you swipe up from the bottom but instead of a little flick you swipe up until your finger is higher than the keyboard, then you'll see the keyboard minimized and the app put up like this :

Please help me with these major annoyances-img_20140828_232321.png

Then you release it and it will be minimized

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    08-28-14 04:52 PM
    BlackBerry Multitasking is hands down the best. There's so many times when I'm typing something on Crackberry or Facebook and need to switch to the browser quickly to look something up and it's just so easy, it takes a second to switch back and forth and it's always left off right where I was. I don't know what problems you are having, maybe I misunderstood what you were saying but the multitasking on my Z30 is absolutely the best.
    08-28-14 05:17 PM
    Thanks for taking the time. Which version of BlackBerry are you using? Probably this has been fixed in an update.

Posted via CB10
    I have OS Version 10.2.1.3247 (Software Release 10.2.1.2977) on my Z3. Version of Google Talk app is 10.2.0.38
    08-29-14 12:06 AM
    I have OS Version 10.2.1.3247 (Software Release 10.2.1.2977) on my Z3. Version of Google Talk app is 10.2.0.38
    I have the exact same version but Google talk refuses to work from within the Hub. What could be going wrong.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 01:18 AM