I will try to keep this concise, include anything I can think of, and TIA for any help.

I switched from IP5 to Q10 last fall. Created a BBID on the new (from my carrier) Q10, and used Device Switch to migrate info.

Didn't really like the experience with the Q10 after a couple of months; it seemed less intuitive than my (quite a few years ago) BB experience, so... I bought a Bold 9900 from Amazon, and fired it up on my account. Again used Device Switch to migrate info between Q10 and 9900. Used my BBID (created on Q10) to log in, without issue.

Used 9900 for a few months, broke 9900! Got a new SIM from my carrier (Rogers), and went back to Q10. From this point onward, I've been receiving an error message when trying to login on the Q10 with my BBID: "You can't sign in with a different BlackBerry ID on this device. Sign in with the original BlackBerry ID used on this device."

I only have one BBID, and I know the email address and password; I even logged in on the BBID website and checked.

Today, I received a BRAND NEW BB CLASSIC! Ahem, woot. During the setup of the Classic, I used my BBID to login, without issue.

I tried to use Device switch to migrate info, but the two will not connect at all. I tried the suggestions on the DS help page and the internet at large. One said suggestion is to delete and re-install Device Switch on the devices. I did this, but... cannot DL Device Switch again on the Q10, because I can't login to my BBID! There doesn't seem to be a direct or mirror download for BB10; the link on the DS website opens BlackBerry World. Awesome.

I thought to try BBLink on my computer. AND... the fun continues.

I cannot backup my Q10 to BBLink without being logged into my BBID on that device.

So at this time, I have no way to transfer my info from my Q10 to my Classic.

All the support info I can find regarding the error message I receive says to backup to BBLink, wipe the device, and restore. But... I can't backup without being logged in...???!!!

I'm stuck. Any ideas?
    that_guy16 likes this.
    02-11-15 10:31 PM
    What info are you needing from the device switch and why are you device switching every phone and how many of them do you or want to actual use?
    02-12-15 06:07 AM
    Have you tried the 'forgotten password' route. I know you know your password, but something is clearly amiss so try to log in to the Q10 again and hit the forgotten password thing.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    02-12-15 06:17 AM
    What info are you needing from the device switch and why are you device switching every phone and how many of them do you or want to actual use?
    The critical piece of info to migrate is my contact list. SMS messages are important as well. I only wish to use one device... hopefully the Classic is the one.
    02-12-15 08:51 AM
    Can't you just restore that info and not everything else that a switch does?
    02-12-15 08:58 AM
    Can't you just restore that info and not everything else that a switch does?
    I can't seem to get the two devices to communicate using DS at all. In trying to fix that, I deleted DS from both, intending to re-install. I cannot download DS from BBWorld on the Q10 as I cannot log in with my BBID...
    02-12-15 09:20 AM
    Have you tried the 'forgotten password' route. I know you know your password, but something is clearly amiss so try to log in to the Q10 again and hit the forgotten password thing.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK

Yes, I did this, successfully and from the Q10, but I get the same error message afterword!
    02-12-15 09:21 AM
    Link should give you an option to transfer data from another BlackBerry if you setup the classic as a new device.
    Delete the classic from link and re-connect to get the option

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 09:30 AM
    You'll have to log out of your bbid on the other or the q should ask if you want to use that device now.
    02-12-15 09:39 AM
    Well, nothing I've tried can bypass the fact that my Q10 will not accept my BBID login.

I managed to use DS to get my contact list from my older 9900, and my Classic is up and running.

Back to my original post though, can anyone shed light on this problem logging into my BBID on the Q10? "You can't sign in with a different BlackBerry ID on this device. Sign in with the original BlackBerry ID used on this device."

The Q10 was brand new when I got it; there has never been any other BBID used on that device. I don't get it.

The only advise I've found online related to this is to do a full security wipe of the device. But... what caused it in the first place?
    02-14-15 06:22 PM
    Link should give you an option to transfer data from another BlackBerry if you setup the classic as a new device.
    Delete the classic from link and re-connect to get the option

Posted via CB10
    Link will not allow me to do anything on the Q10, either backup or transfer (as a one-time connection to that device) unless I am logged into the Q10 with my BBID.
    02-14-15 10:25 PM
    I'm not sure if this is possible, but maybe if you can get the DS bar app from somewhere else and install it via sachesi or any other way, you might be able to use it. Or try using the android version.
    This just came to me, create another BBID (from your Q10), login to BW and download DS, then make the switch. This should also resolve your problem.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by treishpe; 02-15-15 at 03:50 AM.
    02-15-15 03:31 AM
    Try to use a 3rd party backup app. You can backup sms, remember...I think everythink. Even without your BBID.

Posted via Q10Bold
    02-15-15 04:22 AM
    You can either try to sideload a third party backup app or try installing an Android app. Installing an apk would be easier than sideloading.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 11:34 AM