My friend messaged me telling me that for reasons unknown she decided to try and "fix" some Android problems she was having by downloading and sideloading some bars from http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-898016/ (I believe from page 2) in an attempt to get Google Play services working.

I know... I don't know why either.

The issue now is all of her sideloaded AND official Android apps have stopped working completely (similar symptoms to what people described early in that thread, ironically).

How can I help her fix this? None of the bars posted there are from a recent enough OS version and I don't know how to get the necessary files from my own phone, if that's even possible.

I'm looking either for the right version of the bars she downloaded to her phone to revert back to what the OS originally had, OR I'd like to know if she can fix the problem by doing a backup, wipe and restore through Link.

Phone's myver is: Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141

Any help is appreciated!
    05-16-14 09:55 AM
    Wiping the phone wont do anything to the os, as for using link, she can certainly use that to install her carriers os. To extract the bar files from her os you would need her os in autoloader form and follow any of the threads explaining the process. Question though, after she loaded the runtime files did she restart her phone?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 10:02 AM
    Wiping the phone wont do anything to the os, as for using link, she can certainly use that to install her carriers os. To extract the bar files from her os you would need her os in autoloader form and follow any of the threads explaining the process. Question though, after she loaded the runtime files did she restart her phone?

Posted via CB10
    So you're saying that doing a secure wipe of her phone and then restoring from a backup won't fix the problem?

And when I was referring to extracting bar files from the OS I was thinking I could grab them from my phone and then have her install them on hers. But I'm probably not going to try this because it might just cause more problems.

After she loaded the files, she didn't restart her phone but I told her to do that and now she's able to get the apps to load, but then they give her this error:

05-16-14 05:36 PM
    Just as an update, it seems like today her phone decided to notify her of an OS update. After updating and rebooting, everything is back to normal now.

Seems BB10 is a self-repairing OS!
    05-18-14 01:11 AM