My only complaint is placing the cursor at the edge of text fields. I've seen it being addressed last month o on Twitter though by Clewley I believe, tweeting that text selections and all that are being tweaked for a future update, not sure which one.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 11:19 AM
    Thanks - that worked to get rid of the text selector (although I swear there was one app screen I was in where that wasn't an option - but I can't find it to report it). I still feel like a dolt though trying to mash my fingers on the screen to get the text circle to come up when it keeps trying to bring up the select selector. It's a battle of patience, and sometimes I lose.
    LMAO ... man we all get to the battle of patience stage a few times around and lose. Don't feel anyways about it; unless you're throwing expensive equipment around to be broken (then that's costly).

I haven't come across where that option wasn't available but please let us/me know when you do ... I'm curious if its not universal especially in applications.

Cheers and glad I could help for a change vs posting my own opinions to invoke thought
    05-11-13 12:24 PM
    Which moves bring up a bubble and which moves cause highlighting?
    05-11-13 03:44 PM
    What doesn't seem to work for me is the whole HOLD TO SELECT A WORD, KEEP HOLDING TO SELECT A SENTENCE..etc etc etc. Am I stupid because this doesn't work on my Z10 at all. What am I doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:41 PM
    Just loaded theleaked10.1.0.1762 OS for my Z10 today and the text selection is miles better than what it was before so if your OS is lower then hang in there, things do get better. : )

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    05-11-13 06:14 PM
    Just loaded theleaked10.1.0.1762 OS for my Z10 today and the text selection is miles better than what it was before so if your OS is lower then hang in there, things do get better. : )

How would describe it being better? What features are you happy with that are a lot better than before.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:12 PM
    What doesn't seem to work for me is the whole HOLD TO SELECT A WORD, KEEP HOLDING TO SELECT A SENTENCE..etc etc etc. Am I stupid because this doesn't work on my Z10 at all. What am I doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    You are not stupid, or if you are then be both are because I have the same problem. I think it might be program specific because in one program I noticed it worked the way the videos showed, and in another it was more productive to beat my head against a wall repeatedly (because then I would give up and stop trying it).
    05-11-13 10:05 PM
    LMAO ... man we all get to the battle of patience stage a few times around and lose. Don't feel anyways about it; unless you're throwing expensive equipment around to be broken (then that's costly).

I haven't come across where that option wasn't available but please let us/me know when you do ... I'm curious if its not universal especially in applications.

Cheers and glad I could help for a change vs posting my own opinions to invoke thought
    As an example to my post a second ago, replying to this post through CB10 makes it so pressing and holding down on a word in a paragraph already written doesn't work to eventually select the entire text. It just kind of sits there and does nothing.

And when the text is highlighted, there is no three dots menu for you tell it to drop the text selection. Instead you have to click the highlighted text where the various options come up and there at the bottom is the de-select option. Perhaps I didn't try to click on the highlighted text to bring up the menu before for me to deselect it, but I could swear I couldn't find a way in the past so I am pretty sure whatever app I was in didn't offer that on that menu (again I could be wrong).

So they still have some work to do on making the text selection work consistently in how text is selected, and perhaps the same is true for some apps in regards to providing a de-select option.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:14 PM
    How would describe it being better? What features are you happy with that are a lot better than before.

Posted via CB10
    Editing any errors with the text circle is much easier to do. Can even move it to the edge of the screen well. You can take your finger off it and use it from another edge if you need to get to a specific letter much easier at the end or start of every line.

Copy and pasting words, lines or paragraphs is better but still a little tricky, but on the whole better. I think once you are used to it this feature should work better for you.

Last edited by knighty2112; 05-12-13 at 06:13 AM.
    05-12-13 03:20 AM
    Your only having trouble because your trying to use the phone like an I phone it doesn't work like that even on android the text fields are different and there's a valid reason for so

Posted on CB10 via ZEDTRO10
    05-12-13 06:11 AM
    Your only having trouble because your trying to use the phone like an I phone it doesn't work like that even on android the text fields are different and there's a valid reason for so

Posted on CB10 via ZEDTRO10
    Your post was not only unhelpful, it was wrong. If you can't add to the troubleshooting process, do us all a favor and don't respond.

I have never used an iPhone in my life save for like two times I texted something on my wife's iPhone when she asked me to because she was busy.

If anything my preconceived notions about editing text come from the older BlackBerry OS devices which I have used forever.

And to share with others, when writing this post I tried to move to the end of the above paragraph after jumping around. The sentence highlighted and I couldn't get it to stop highlighting. If I pressed and hold the text and deselected the it, the next time I tried to move to the end of the scentence it would re select the text and bypass the bubble every time. I eventually had to move the first pin to the second one so I could resume typing at the end of this post.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    05-12-13 01:15 PM
    Your post was not only unhelpful, it was wrong. If you can't add to the troubleshooting process, do us all a favor and don't respond.

I have never used an iPhone in my life save for like two times I texted something on my wife's iPhone when she asked me to because she was busy.

If anything my preconceived notions about editing text come from the older BlackBerry OS devices which I have used forever.

And to share with others, when writing this post I tried to move to the end of the above paragraph after jumping around. The sentence highlighted and I couldn't get it to stop highlighting. If I pressed and hold the text and deselected the it, the next time I tried to move to the end of the scentence it would re select the text and bypass the bubble every time. I eventually had to move the first pin to the second one so I could resume typing at the end of this post.

Posted via CB10
    This

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 03:35 PM
    I get this. It's very annoying.
    06-25-13 08:00 AM
38 12