Downloaded 10.3.0.1154, and it's sooo much better than 10.2, but please...

1) add an "x" in the right upper corner or even a double tap gesture somewhere in the app to be able to close apps directly rather than having to minimizing and then closing. It's unnecessarily inefficient if you don't need the window to remain active. Microsoft finally restored this in Windows 8.1.

Also when you watch recent videos of "experts" demonstrating the new version they often have to tap the "x" in an active app view repeatedly to get them to close. This should also be better.

2) the End Call button is still too big and too easy to hit accidentally. I know minimizing the screen avoids that, but it still happens too frequently if you need the call screen up. Can you not just make it one-third the size (like it is when the dial pad is up) and center it so that it only occupies the center column more in line with what iOS has with it small circle.

Also, when you choose the dial pad screen and the end button is already only one column wide, it would be better if you swapped the end button with the mute button so the end button is in the center and the mute button was to the left, again, so that it is harder to hit the end button by accident while holding the phone.

3) it's too easy to hit the period button instead of the space key with the right thumb while typing. It would be great to move it slightly to the right so that the space button can be slightly wider, even if the period key, which I rarely need with the double space option, and/or the return key is smaller.

It would also be nice if the predictive software, which does recognize these as misspelled (e.g., "as.misspelled"), would placed the correction over the spacebar as the most likely correction, so it's quicker to keep going by hitting the space bar, than above the letters which requires finding it and then flicking.

4) Can the browser be refined so when one hits the back key, it goes immediately and reliably to the where you were on the previous page and not so frequently only to the top of the page.

Thanks, Blackberry, for sticking with it.
    09-27-14 11:01 AM
    All things that can be changed if there is enough demand. I agree with some of them.
    09-27-14 11:12 AM
    1) BlackBerry doesn't need to do this. An app developer can choose to add this to their app. I personally like the way it is now so I guess it's more of a preference thing.

2) I've never ended a call accidentally so again I don't really agree with this. In fact, I like that the End button is big and wish BBM Voice followed the same style. There's already a proximity sensor which works well to avoid hitting the End button when you're talking on the phone, at least on my phone.

3) I have a Q10 so I can't comment.

4) I agree, sort of like how iOS handles it and even with a swipe gesture. On the Q10 the B button takes you back but I'd like them to steal the iOS swiping gesture.
    09-27-14 11:12 AM
    Forgot one...

Have the clock display the chosen world time rather than the local time when it minimized as an active frame. This would make it much easier to see the other time without opening the app while traveling.
    09-27-14 11:25 AM
    I remember this being discussed here before. Something about swiping all the way to the top or doing a reverse L (up and to the left) to close the app was an idea I liked very much.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 11:25 AM