It's not a port if your downloading it direct from gplay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because we're forced to do what the developers... aren't doing...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-22-13 09:44 PM
    Who I am? I am a worried user.
    Internet or not, I always raise my concerns and in this case there is a lot more to be concern than it looks like.

I was in search of a serious mobile platform for over 3 years and finally found it with Q10 - a business toll for a small business owner that takes decisions every minute like me.

Unfortunately, there is no alternative on the market - nothing gets even close to the way my Q10 helps me earn money/run my business on the go (and that's with only one downloaded app).

I don't care how much is the upfront cost of the phone, as long as it does what it needs but before Q10 there was nothing money could buy that can satisfy my needs.

With that said, many requests like this can easily steer the almost dead BlackBerry in the world of mainstream, marketing hype, and flashy things like live backgrounds and such.

I am not against games and entertainment, but clearly having a GPLAY on BB10 build in will cause more harm to the BlackBerry experience it is right now - Force close, apps running in the background, apps staring by them self and so on is the last thing I want to see on my business tool when I most needed. Also, GPLAY comes with a lot of dependencies that HAVE to run in the background.

Having GPLAY build in also means less developers will be motivated to build native apps and clearly this is a down side in terms of user experience.

One more thing, slightly off topic:
    Google is starting to show its power - not sure how many of you realized that but recently they started very aggressively to cash in their investments provided in the past as "free" services. I even see biased search results using their search engine. Also, if you think how Android evolves - most of the "innovations" they made since 4.1 directly address Google's needs, not the user (Google play services is one of them). I am moving slowly away, although they have me "chained" down in many aspects.

Posted via CB10
    Nobody will force you to download a single thing using GPlay. And as much as I love and support the platform, it's dying a slow (but increasingly rapid) death. Anything that can generate revenue and device sales, I am all for. Although kudos to you for keeping your small business with BB. I am a dying user in a large company. Fortunately I have enough power to force the issue so I can keep my device in a culture of ios and Android users. Just realize that I was once in your shoes, resistant to change. But I've come to realize that if it doesnt happen, my platform will be dead. Never thought that 11 years ago when I adopted it.
    12-22-13 11:09 PM
    I'm in Indonesia, and BlackBerry do care to Indonesia as the biggest blackberry customer, even they want to make blackberry "jakarta" (which in our capital city), which is very special for Indonesia market, and if blackberry want to survive here, they must support google play and games.
    with BBM already in google play, and china android phone dual core only 100$ less, people will choose android if blackberry cant give what customer want.
    I'm just represented Indonesia blackberry customers wish.

for thoose who think let blackberry die with proud, what a bull****.. no one want to use dead brand phone.

Posted via CB10
    I respect that you can give an insight from your country that we won't be able to give. The price sensitivity I agree with because that was one of the reasons why BB did not do well worldwide. On the apps issue: every phone not running the full set of Google services, has no chance in your country, if I hear you correctly. So iPhone and WP may as well stop selling any phones to Indonesians. This is is the part where I'd disagree with you.

Z10 goodness
    12-22-13 11:17 PM
    I respect that you can give an insight from your country that we won't be able to give. The price sensitivity I agree with because that was one of the reasons why BB did not do well worldwide. On the apps issue: every phone not running the full set of Google services, has no chance in your country, if I hear you correctly. So iPhone and WP may as well stop selling any phones to Indonesians. This is is the part where I'd disagree with you.

Z10 goodness
    If the talks between Google and BlackBerry are true it's a possibility that these Google services will arrive.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-22-13 11:25 PM
    im just hoping ... if they did thankyou if they dont did then fine cased closed !

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 08:57 PM

Z10 goodness
    The truth is that the gadgets used by us is : android for lower to mid segment, apple devices for higher segment and blackberry (7 or lower) to enable them connected with their friends via BlackBerry Messenger. But Z3 seems to be enthusiastically waited here. Z3 is considered as the only interesting BB10 device in indonesia
    06-30-14 10:44 AM
    The truth is that the gadgets used by us is : android for lower to mid segment, apple devices for higher segment and blackberry (7 or lower) to enable them connected with their friends via BlackBerry Messenger. But Z3 seems to be enthusiastically waited here. Z3 is considered as the only interesting BB10 device in indonesia
    I really hope Z3 will do well in Indonesia.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    06-30-14 12:36 PM
    Who I am? I am a worried user.
    Internet or not, I always raise my concerns and in this case there is a lot more to be concern than it looks like.

I was in search of a serious mobile platform for over 3 years and finally found it with Q10 - a business toll for a small business owner that takes decisions every minute like me.

Unfortunately, there is no alternative on the market - nothing gets even close to the way my Q10 helps me earn money/run my business on the go (and that's with only one downloaded app).

I don't care how much is the upfront cost of the phone, as long as it does what it needs but before Q10 there was nothing money could buy that can satisfy my needs.

With that said, many requests like this can easily steer the almost dead BlackBerry in the world of mainstream, marketing hype, and flashy things like live backgrounds and such.

I am not against games and entertainment, but clearly having a GPLAY on BB10 build in will cause more harm to the BlackBerry experience it is right now - Force close, apps running in the background, apps staring by them self and so on is the last thing I want to see on my business tool when I most needed. Also, GPLAY comes with a lot of dependencies that HAVE to run in the background.

Having GPLAY build in also means less developers will be motivated to build native apps and clearly this is a down side in terms of user experience.

One more thing, slightly off topic:
    Google is starting to show its power - not sure how many of you realized that but recently they started very aggressively to cash in their investments provided in the past as "free" services. I even see biased search results using their search engine. Also, if you think how Android evolves - most of the "innovations" they made since 4.1 directly address Google's needs, not the user (Google play services is one of them). I am moving slowly away, although they have me "chained" down in many aspects.

Posted via CB10
    Let's get this perfectly clear: for GPlay to be available on BlackBerry phones, BB would need to submit its Android runtime to Google and get their permission. Google only allows phones from the ironically-named Open Handset Alliance, which isn't really "open" at all.

Android itself is an open source OS. Anybody can run the open source version, which lags behind Google's current a dot revision or two. There are MANY budget phones and tablets that do this, and none of them have access to GPlay either. So far as that goes, high-profile forks like Nokia X and Kindle Fire can't use GPlay. BB is not alone here.

Many game developers understand this, and will develop alternate versions that do not depend on GPlay. King, for instance, produces two Android versions of Candy Crush, one for GPlay and one for Amazon's app store.
    zymenth likes this.
    06-30-14 12:45 PM
    And why should blackberry add Google services huh? When they've got their own payment service... please if You need Google go for an Android device and leave blackberry alone.. blackberry 10 was never made for Google service
    zymenth likes this.
    06-30-14 12:48 PM
    If the talks between Google and BlackBerry are true it's a possibility that these Google services will arrive.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    According to this guy, it should've happened a long time ago...

I think people need to learn to read between the lines in regards to announcements from companies (just like presidents ). The words used in that supposed denial were very very carefully chosen. And like iv been hinting at for a long time, there will be some very very surprised people on this site come Jan.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxxx /From CB10. My channel C000B3B57
    06-30-14 05:24 PM
    Won't these services have to be in place once the Amazon agreement kicks in?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 07:00 PM
    All I want them to do is remove the stub.

Those who want it then can load it themselves.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 07:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Seeing as how Amazon doesn't have them, neither would BlackBerry.
    06-30-14 07:09 PM
    We dont need google play....the only thing that we need are ALL developer that makes the android based apps develop a native apps for blackberry.
    Last edited by zymenth; 06-30-14 at 08:31 PM. Reason: to many "all"
    06-30-14 08:06 PM
    We dont need google play....all that we need are all developer that makes the android based apps develop a native apps for blackberry.
    "All"

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3247
    06-30-14 08:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Amazon doesn't use Google Play Services.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    06-30-14 09:00 PM
41 12