Most apps now give you the option to login via your Facebook. This has been going on since 2008 but in the few years this has exploded with third party apps.

Every time I install a new app and it gives you the option to sign in via your facebook I have to input my username and password manually every time!

On iOS and android the app detects your Facebook login from the app you have already signed in and therefore signs you in automatically.

Why can't BB10 do this!?

I have Facebook for Android signed in on my z10 and all the android apps connect with it.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:34 PM
    I would prefer to manually and individually choose which apps I sign in to FB with, for security reasons. And the thing is, a lot of these apps that requires login details aren't really secured, now imagine having your password in all these sites!

Posted via a sexy QTEN
    08-25-14 12:41 PM
    I hate when apps want to use Facebook too log in. I always create separate accounts for these apps, and websites. It would be nice for BlackBerry to add this, as long as I can disable it.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    08-25-14 12:51 PM
    I agree, i don't like signing in with facebook or personal emails at all...just the other day i wanted to comment on an article and it only gave me twitter and facebook as an option. Looking at the Facebook option it said that it can update my status on my behalf without permission as well as reach out to all my contacts to which i said Hellz no! a bunch of other unnecessary permissions just to comment on 1 article, ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    chalx likes this.
    08-25-14 01:38 PM
    I can see for those who want it to have the feature. I personally would turn it off, I rather set up separate information. That way if a site is compromised, I can minimize my risk.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    08-25-14 01:40 PM
    A workaround is to have Facebook for Android signed in permanently. Any app that's android automatically detects it and links up.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:16 PM