Although I am still newbie but BlackBerry but playbook Os and bb10 is different Os. How can it be count downgrade. They just sharing the same kernel like how linux is use on android, harmattan, ubuntu, sailfish. Sharing same kernel doesn't mean all will have same features like how android totally different from Harmattan.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    Sorry, you are correct with the overall OS function but regardless of the OS it would say it is a downgrade in feature sets....true that Playbook OS is a completely different OS but its final feature set and capabilities are OS neutral and the fact is the multi-tasking capabilities of the Playbook seem to beat the multi-tasking capabilities of BB10 at the moment. I have both Q10 and playbook and use the q10 more often simply cause of form factor and physical keyboard (had a Z10, then went to 9900 cause of better bridge functions, and then went back to BB10 with q10) and I hope blackberry tackle these issues or allow users the same type of options.

I completely understand its not a huge demand for this capability (from what people have said iOS and Android can't do it) but in terms of creating a richer more robust OS then Blackberry obviously know how to do it (i.e. executed amazingly well on Playbook with its multitasking) but it's perplexing why those same ideas and workflows weren't translated onto a far more capable and efficient hardware in the BB10 phones.
    08-13-14 12:29 PM
    Since the OP states this is a BlackBerry 10 let down, it'd be interesting to know if he's seen this capability with another OS.
    PlayBook

Posted via Verizon Z30
    08-13-14 08:46 PM
    PlayBook

Posted via Verizon Z30
    I still believe the video recording with music playing is still a bug. Since playbook os is still at infancy state, they maybe didn't discover this bug.

tHe.iR1sH likes this.
    08-13-14 11:37 PM
    I still believe the video recording with music playing is still a bug. Since playbook os is still at infancy state, they maybe didn't discover this bug.

Haha, wow, it's not a bug, that's the "showcase" mode of the playbook. If you change the options in the playbook that functionality goes away. And the playbook os is not in it's infancy, that's the way it was designed. The stupid comments people make to justify/explain the shortcomings of the BB10 os is incredible. I guess the multitasking of the playbook is bug too even though it was one of its biggest marketing points.

Posted via CB10
    tHe.iR1sH likes this.
    08-14-14 06:08 AM
    Haha, wow, it's not a bug, that's the "showcase" mode of the playbook. If you change the options in the playbook that functionality goes away. And the playbook os is not in it's infancy, that's the way it was designed. The stupid comments people make to justify/explain the shortcomings of the BB10 os is incredible. I guess the multitasking of the playbook is bug too even though it was one of its biggest marketing points.

Posted via CB10
    The multitasking capabilities of the PlayBook is one of its strongest points.

I once changed a drab simple office birthday to one full of giggles by using the PlayBook. I played music from the speakers, recorded the video of it and took pictures all at the sale time.
    My colleagues were wowed when I shared all this with them within 5 minutes of the function.
    (They were wowed cos previously, we've only been able to watch function videos on the recorders' iPad)

So the PlayBook Is truly a multitasking beast!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 08:28 AM
    The multitasking capabilities of the PlayBook is one of its strongest points.

I once changed a drab simple office birthday to one full of giggles by using the PlayBook. I played music from the speakers, recorded the video of it and took pictures all at the sale time.
    My colleagues were wowed when I shared all this with them within 5 minutes of the function.
    (They were wowed cos previously, we've only been able to watch function videos on the recorders' iPad)

So the PlayBook Is truly a multitasking beast!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you, I'm glad people have real world examples of putting the playbook to its use when it comes to multi-tasking. Regardless of what people say this is definitely its strong suits and to be honest few tablets have surpassed it when it comes to multitasking. OBV two apps on the screen would be the next step but its multitasking are leagues ahead of BB10 at the moment...here's to hoping blackberry bring the best aspects of the playbook over to the phones.
    08-14-14 09:28 AM
    Actually I get what OP is saying. The PlayBook has a great implementation of true multitasking with every app that is open running at full functionality when in showcase mode. Whether or not this is an efficient use of resources is another thing but it definitely isn't a bug. On the other hand, specific to this issue I understand why the music gets muted when taking a video. The speakers and mic are just too close. An option would be nice though.

Posted from my super duper Z30!
    08-14-14 09:44 AM
    The original concern stands. He presented a use-case. What does it matter what other vendors do?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 12:47 PM
33 12