Hi, I have been reading this thread and am pretty impressed with what I have read so far. One question I have coming from a Palm Pre but now a lowly android user is this. I text my kids and wife a lot and on webos I could open a separate card for each conversation and then just swipe between them. Can BB10 do something like that?
    Thanks in advance
    FuzzyFish likes this.
    12-20-12 05:10 PM
    Thanks for taking time out to answer these questions. My question is kind of similar to some that have been asked already, like it has been pointed out, the L-Series seems to be the center of focus and Thor says they have the QWERTY licked and locked down.

Now this is the thing, all the magic that I've seen so far in all the BB10 videos have been based on the L-series, I'm a definite QWERTY person, an extremely fast and impatient typist! The N-Series will have less screen real estate, do you feel that the BB10 experience you had with the L-series might be impaired by a smaller screen?
    ritesh and FuzzyFish like this.
    12-20-12 05:17 PM
    bit of a long shot, but dont suppose it came in a holster or anything?
    12-20-12 05:20 PM
    Not to be rude, but I'd rather not say too much about how I ran into the phone just to be safe. I will say neither myself or my employer has an NDA with RIM however.

I opened Docs2Go, but there was nothing stored on the device so I didn't actually had a chance to use the app.

You know I can't comment on things like that.
    I had to ask!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using the CrackBerry Forums Application
    FuzzyFish likes this.
    12-20-12 05:38 PM
    Sorry for not replying sooner everyone, had to take care of things for work before the holidays!

I'd like to know if you feel the join between the bezel and the glass when swiping from the bezel? Is it smooth or annoying?
    You don't. It's very smooth and totally unlike the Dev Alpha B, the L Series Z10's bezel will not get in the way.

Thanks for your answers, very informative.

One last question..

Can the phone keep up with the gestures? Couple of examples below of what I'm trying to say.

Example 1) Swiping from one pane to another such as a quick left-left swipe followed by quick right right swipes. If you've used the playbook you will know what I mean. It doesn't exactly keep up with the swipes, and it's the same when switching between running apps. It sometimes misses a swipe quickly switching between apps.

Example 2) Minimizing apps then quickly relaunching. Swipe up, tap (choose app), swipe app, tap (choose app). Can it keep up or will it miss gestures if it's too fast? Again, similar to the playbook.

Hopefully you understand what question I'm trying to get through here because it's hard to explain
    Ex 1) The Z10 didn't have issues keeping up when scrolling between pages, it didn't behave like the PlayBook's app launch but rather like the PlayBook's Picture app. No worries there.

Ex 2) The Z10 kept up here too! The slow down here wouldn't be cause by the OS, but rather the user has to slow down to find the Active Frames that they're looking to click since the AFs are design to move around based on which app you used last.

Hey thanks for posting Fuzzy, I have a laundry list for you, but I'll cut it down to the questions you might have had a chance to look at on the phone. Did you get a chance to check out any of the following?:

Did you get to see the maps and navigation apps in action?
    Custom contact labels for multiple numbers, email, IM etc
    Can you add incoming sms or calls to contacts?
    Good photo/image gallery?
    Can you launch apps like phone dialer and maps from tapping plain text (NOT hyperlink) addresses and phone numbers on browser web pages?
    Wifi must stay on when the screen turns off, did you get a chance to test the WiFi?
    How was the copy/paste?
    Car Dock interface?
    Sharing pics, files etc, do you get the option to share with multiple apps, ie. photobucket, cloud, etc?
    Unfortunately I didn't get to test out most of what you're asking. Sorry about that.

-Wifi does indeed stay on when screen's off.
    - I did try to copy/paste when composing an email, it was clunky. But I'm positive this was due to the beta nature of the OS I was using so I wouldn't worry too much here.

Universal Search? I know lots of people have wanted to know from reading past threads.
    OH Just thought of another one. There was a Picture that people have spotted stating that for the Media Player active frame it had inside the controls....Did you see that If you played with the media player, by chance?
    Much to my dismay, I couldn't find universal search... But once again I'm hopeful that it's because the OS was incomplete.

I did open the media player app, when I minimized it into an Active Frame no secondary controls popped up. This may be because there was no media loaded onto the device.
    jerryeight likes this.
    12-20-12 10:12 PM
    Did you get to take any pictures of the device? Is it exactly the same as the Tinthe vidz?
    I could have taken pictures, but I chose not to. It's identical to the video you mentioned, including the dimpled back and updated icon set.

Thx for all answers. ..did u checked the size of the battery?

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9300 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2
    It was the 1800mAH LS1 battery.

thanks fuzzy, as many have stated before me, your answers are much appreciated.

did you get a chance to place a call? how was the speaker? clarity of the audio? Did you check BB world?
    No calls unfortunately, didn't open BB World.
    12-20-12 10:21 PM
    any idea on specs?
    specifically i'm wondering about the processor and camera resolution.

also... i'm hoping the battery didn't lose 10 or 15% during the time you used it.
    12-20-12 10:36 PM
    We know if its gonna be quadcore?if yes we gonna complain for battery again

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9300 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2
    Personal opinions here, but I think we should expect the Z10 to be dual core, otherwise you might be disappointed when the devices are released. Having said that, don't worry! The L Series was extremely snappy and I didn't think for one second that it needed more oomph.

What is the texture/material of the back?! I have been dying to find out. Is it like the back of the playbook? Or the back of the 9900 (not the faux carbon fibre part the black outline around it).
    It's soft touch rubber. It's NOT the same as the PlayBook (which is also on the 9900 at the part that you mentioned), the PB's back felt great IMHO but while people say it's soft touch, it really isn't soft at all. The Z10's back cover just feels like rubber, but is actually soft and has a bit of give when you press on it. It didn't feel as good as the PlayBook (that's mainly my opinion though, I absolutely LOVE how the back of the PB feels) to me but it's still extremely nice; I'd be interested to see how the white version hold up against dirt and grimes.

Hi, I have been reading this thread and am pretty impressed with what I have read so far. One question I have coming from a Palm Pre but now a lowly android user is this. I text my kids and wife a lot and on webos I could open a separate card for each conversation and then just swipe between them. Can BB10 do something like that?
    Thanks in advance
    I didn't try that, but I did read somewhere here on CB that you indeed can have multiple "cards".

Thanks for taking time out to answer these questions. My question is kind of similar to some that have been asked already, like it has been pointed out, the L-Series seems to be the center of focus and Thor says they have the QWERTY licked and locked down.

Now this is the thing, all the magic that I've seen so far in all the BB10 videos have been based on the L-series, I'm a definite QWERTY person, an extremely fast and impatient typist! The N-Series will have less screen real estate, do you feel that the BB10 experience you had with the L-series might be impaired by a smaller screen?
    Not in the slightest. I do wish the N Series' screen extends a bit further up for more real estate, but the UI felt like it would scale down to the smaller screen just fine. You'll still have to deal with issues associated with a smaller screen (ie. lots of pinch-to-zoom/double tapping when browsing the web, etc.), but the problems won't be UI related.

I just want to clarify that the onscreen keyboard will keep up with even the fastest typist, just don't expect to be able to use the predictive text function when your thumbs are going 100mph.
    Last edited by FuzzyFish; 12-20-12 at 11:01 PM.
    Vector-SS and NaijaBerry like this.
    12-20-12 10:37 PM
    bit of a long shot, but dont suppose it came in a holster or anything?
    Nope, just the device itself.

I had to ask!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using the CrackBerry Forums Application
    Not that this is how I came across this device, but I do know that there are a couple of these L Series in the public's hands! Some had been lost/stolen when the users were out and abouts.
    12-20-12 10:40 PM
    any idea on specs?
    specifically i'm wondering about the processor and camera resolution.

also... i'm hoping the battery didn't lose 10 or 15% during the time you used it.
    No idea about specs or the camera.

Battery went down 3% over the period that I had it.
    12-20-12 10:43 PM
    specs please, the next time you get a chance.
    12-20-12 11:52 PM
    specs please, the next time you get a chance.
    I'm going to respectfully pass on this request. Hopefully you'll understand.

Plus, it's only a little bit more than a month before you'll know everything. Sooo... patience, young grasshopper.
    jerryeight likes this.
    12-20-12 11:58 PM

How long did you use it for?

Sorry if you already mentioned it.
    12-20-12 11:59 PM
    Specs will be leaked well before January 30th.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    12-21-12 12:03 AM
    How long did you use it for?

Sorry if you already mentioned it.
    About 30 minutes or so.

Specs will be leaked well before January 30th.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    No doubt. Truth be told I'm surprised it hasn't leaked yet.
    jerryeight likes this.
    12-21-12 12:51 AM
    Anything comparable on BB10 to the constantly updating information feed you get from Google Now?
    12-21-12 02:40 AM

would you describe your 30 minutes with it As heavy usage?
    and in your opinion is the battery life good enough to last a day with medium usage or does it still need work?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-21-12 05:08 AM
    Thanks Fuzzyfish, BB10 is looking more and more like my next phone os!
    12-21-12 08:23 AM
    Not a question but a suggestion.

When you only had chance to play with a device for 30 minutes, I really don't think it's a good idea to open a thread like this.

If you really wanted to share something with us, what you really need to do was to open a thread to describe what you like and what you don't. What is interesting and what is missing etc.

Just my 2 sents
    lorax1284 and DJM626 like this.
    12-21-12 08:33 AM
    I did see a couple of apps that haven't been talked about much (or at all) previously, but I will not say what they are.
    Can you tell us if we'll be happy / excited by availability of these apps, or would we already expect them to be available and therefore "meh"?
    12-21-12 09:03 AM
    is it possible to turn off predictive text?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-21-12 09:18 AM
    Tell me about Landscape orientation. did u try it, does the homescreen, or app grid support it ? can u Peek from landscape ?
    12-21-12 09:36 AM

Much to my dismay, I couldn't find universal search... But once again I'm hopeful that it's because the OS was incomplete.
    In the bottom dock, there are icons for phone, magnifying glass, and camera. What does the magnifying glass do?
    12-21-12 09:56 AM
    In the bottom dock, there are icons for phone, magnifying glass, and camera. What does the magnifying glass do?
    That's usually BB's icon for Search.
    12-21-12 10:10 AM
    That's usually BB's icon for Search.
    I know. I was just wondering how the OP could have missed it.
    12-21-12 10:18 AM
100 ... 234