What really impressed me on the PlayBook the minute I got it was that for instance a YouTube video was still running when I swiped up. Swipe left and right through all the open apps, but the video was still running. That was my understanding of "real multitasking ".
    How come this isn't possible with my z10? Will we get that in an upcoming update? What's the holdup? I mean this was something you could demonstrate to other people and kind of brag with it or whatever.... When I swipe up here on my Z10 the video immediately stops.

Posted via my Z90
    Last edited by Seddy Foxx; 11-19-13 at 05:17 PM.
    11-19-13 05:05 PM
    That is so strange. This works flawlessly on BB10, not too sure why it wouldn't for you.
    11-19-13 05:06 PM
    While the PlayBook has a switch the user can flip to enable apps to run while "minimized", BB10 multitasking is handled by the OS. As far as I understand, the default is to half the app when you swipe out of it unless the dev actively code it to keep on working.

I don't think we'll see the switch ever come to phones due to battery issues.
    11-19-13 05:13 PM
    While the PlayBook has a switch the user can flip to enable apps to run while "minimized", BB10 multitasking is handled by the OS. As far as I understand, the default is to half the app when you swipe out of it unless the dev actively code it to keep on working.

I don't think we'll see the switch ever come to phones due to battery issues.
    I think what Seddy Foxx is saying is that on the PB the true multitasking was shown even when the app (youtube) was minimized and could still navigate through app pages and whatnot. For seddy, apparently this does not happen on the Z10, which in my experience is completely incorrect. BB10 has the same multitasking abilities of the PBOS, if not better.
    11-19-13 08:20 PM
    I think what Seddy Foxx is saying is that on the PB the true multitasking was shown even when the app (youtube) was minimized and could still navigate through app pages and whatnot. For seddy, apparently this does not happen on the Z10, which in my experience is completely incorrect. BB10 has the same multitasking abilities of the PBOS, if not better.
    Am I correct in that you are saying that on the Z10, all video will continue to play when you minimize the source as an active frame and you listen to that video while you do other things on the phone? My Z10 pauses all video and I'm running 10.2.
    What am i missing?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 10:02 PM
    I agree there, the swipe left and right from bezel to switch apps should come back, along with a lot of other PlayBook gestures. Hoping to see more TAT concepts as well.

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR and jay_men like this.
    11-21-13 12:06 AM
    Am I correct in that you are saying that on the Z10, all video will continue to play when you minimize the source as an active frame and you listen to that video while you do other things on the phone? My Z10 pauses all video and I'm running 10.2.
    What am i missing?

Posted via CB10
    Yes you are correct to say this. I'm listening to the audio of a video playing through the browser YouTube right now while on CB10 on my Z30. Even when I had the official 10.2 release for my Z10, it still was able to do this.

PlayBook vs. BB10 Thumbnails-img_20131123.png

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 09:18 AM
    I agree there, the swipe left and right from bezel to switch apps should come back, along with a lot of other PlayBook gestures. Hoping to see more TAT concepts as well.

Posted via CB10
    That would completely eradicate the peak function, as well as the ability to access a lefthand menu.
    11-21-13 09:39 AM