Hey Everyone,
    I quickly looked through the forums and didn't see this anywhere and i'm not sure if anyone thought to try this out. (if you all already know then paint my face red!)

While playing around with my new Z10 and one of the Playbooks in the house, i found that we can currently video chat from the Playbook to the video chat on the new BBM. I've tested it and it works perfectly over wifi and over cellular coverage (phone device only).

If you can give it a shot!

My kids can now voice call me while i'm out and about and so forth.
    macberry33 likes this.
    02-05-13 07:41 PM
    Hey Everyone,
    I quickly looked through the forums and didn't see this anywhere and i'm not sure if anyone thought to try this out. (if you all already know then paint my face red!)

While playing around with my new Z10 and one of the Playbooks in the house, i found that we can currently video chat from the Playbook to the video chat on the new BBM. I've tested it and it works perfectly over wifi and over cellular coverage (phone device only).

If you can give it a shot!

My kids can now voice call me while i'm out and about and so forth.
    Ok, here's my story. I own a PlayBook and a Z10. On the PlayBook my sister in law (who also has a PlayBook) often video calls in order to make a free call to my wife. Both playbooks are wifi only. Now, this evening I was at my usual Thursday night bowling session without my PlayBook when suddenly my Z10 starts to ring, but with the PlayBook video calling ringtone. Somewhat nonplussed, I answered the call only to see my brother in law looking back at me!!! We commenced to have a chat and I showed him where I was. He had just video called from his PlayBook. In the usual way and because my pb was turned off, the call was put through to my phone. The thing is, there's no wifi at the bowling alley. We had just had a full screen video chat in quite good quality over 3G!! Apple's facetime requires wifi!! Apple, you've just been efffed in the ayy!!!
    02-08-13 04:09 AM
    Ok, here's my story. I own a PlayBook and a Z10. On the PlayBook my sister in law (who also has a PlayBook) often video calls in order to make a free call to my wife. Both playbooks are wifi only. Now, this evening I was at my usual Thursday night bowling session without my PlayBook when suddenly my Z10 starts to ring, but with the PlayBook video calling ringtone. Somewhat nonplussed, I answered the call only to see my brother in law looking back at me!!! We commenced to have a chat and I showed him where I was. He had just video called from his PlayBook. In the usual way and because my pb was turned off, the call was put through to my phone. The thing is, there's no wifi at the bowling alley. We had just had a full screen video chat in quite good quality over 3G!! Apple's facetime requires wifi!! Apple, you've just been efffed in the ayy!!!
    That's awesome. Essentially your brother in law could save two separate contacts for you (your PlayBook pin or email address and your BBM pin on your z10 device. This way he'll have the option as to which device he would like to call

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 02:39 PM
    Just called my Z10 PIN from my PlayBook and initiated a video call. Very sweet.

02-10-13 02:49 PM
    I have found that i can call my z10 from my playbook but not my playbook from my z10 :/
    02-10-13 03:13 PM
    I have found that i can call my z10 from my playbook but not my playbook from my z10 :/
    You should be able to if you use your BBM pin. Don't use your blackberry id.

02-10-13 03:26 PM
    You should be able to if you use your BBM pin. Don't use your blackberry id.

Could u explain how to do that because its doesnt seem to be working out for me

02-10-13 03:40 PM
    its my understanding that u cant send pin msg's on the z10...
    02-10-13 03:50 PM
    its my understanding that u cant send pin msg's on the z10...
    Hi clipskid,

To call a PlayBook requires a couple steps. All you need to do is enter the play books pin into your address book on the phone. To place a video call to the PlayBook, simple go into your address, find that contact click on it and select the video chat feature.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Good luck

02-10-13 04:20 PM
    Hi clipskid,

To call a PlayBook requires a couple steps. All you need to do is enter the play books pin into your address book on the phone. To place a video call to the PlayBook, simple go into your address, find that contact click on it and select the video chat feature.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Good luck

Have you succesfully done this? Because i have tried this method, it would attempt to call the playbook but my playbook would not ring
    02-10-13 04:31 PM
    Furthermore, i tried your steps, once i selected the video chat it said that "the person you called must be a bbm friend" which is impossible for my playbook to be bbm friend because playbook doesn't have bbm
    02-10-13 04:35 PM
    My PlayBook and phone have the same blackberry id, which from what I'm guessing won't allow for the phone to video chat out (to my personal playbook).

However I have called out via video chat to a my son's playbook. I have the email address of that play books account saved in my contact and I use the steps mentioned above.

I guess I never tried to call my own playbook, I had just called the phone.
    Sorry for all of the back and forth.

In short you can call a PlayBook just not your own playbook (if it shares the same blackberry id).

Last edited by bbmtna; 02-10-13 at 04:55 PM. Reason: replaced the wood below with above.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-10-13 04:47 PM
    Pb to z10 works; Z10. To Pb not

02-10-13 04:51 PM
    My PlayBook and phone have the same blackberry id, which from what I'm guessing won't allow for the phone to video chat out (to my personal playbook).

However I have called out via video chat to a my son's playbook. I have the email address of that play books account saved in my contact and I use the steps mentioned above.

I guess I never tried to call my own playbook, I had just called the phone.
    Sorry for all of the back and forth.

In short you can call a PlayBook just not your own playbook (if it shares the same blackberry id).

Ya seems as tho you are spot on. Wish this wasn't the case
    02-10-13 05:06 PM
    Pb to z10 works; Z10. To Pb not

The Z10 to playbook works, only if it's a different blackberry ID.

I've called my sons playbook several times as a test.
    I've even called my wifes playbook (keep in mind her playbook shares the same blackberry id has her phone with os7.1 on it - her z10 comes in on tuesday) and the call from my phone to her playbook worked perfectly. the cool thing though, is that in her contacts, it specifically says, Playbook Video chat.
    02-10-13 05:07 PM
    Ya seems as tho you are spot on. Wish this wasn't the case
    i've even tried to return the call from the notification center within the HUB and it still wouldn't 'dial out'.
    02-10-13 05:08 PM
    i've even tried to return the call from the notification center within the HUB and it still wouldn't 'dial out'.
    hopefully they can change this in the future. sure would be nice to call your own PB if you needed to
    02-10-13 05:17 PM
    I have a PB and a Z10 with different ID neither way didn't work for me and its 2016! Planning to swith to iPhone soon.
    06-18-16 06:30 AM
    I have a PB and a Z10 with different ID neither way didn't work for me and its 2016! Planning to swith to iPhone soon.
    See ya!

Via Pasta CB10
    06-18-16 06:37 AM
    Strange... You've had those BB devices for a few years and only now you post to report your Video Chat didn't work?... Should have dropped by here sooner.
    06-18-16 12:34 PM
    That's odd ... I just did it from my Passport to my Playbook (different BBID) a couple of weeks ago.

Good luck with your iPhone!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 07:39 AM
    Did you reset the playbook. If you did you might need to sideload the video calling bar

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 09:39 PM
    Damn this thread is almost as old as my playbook

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 09:40 PM
    What's a playbook?

Doesn't get Classier then posting from a Classic!
    06-20-16 09:52 PM
    What's a playbook?

Doesn't get Classier then posting from a Classic!
    It's the thing that came with the fast charger for my Z10. I think it is a rather nice paperweight

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 09:54 PM
26 12