I was wondering whether I could side load the PlayBook Video Chat application without messing up BBM Video, are they using the same app signature? It would be nice to have a shortcut on the home screen for video chats. I know that the PlayBook video chat application was not working on the Dev Alpha software (pre-BB10.) The pro of side loading this would be the ability to call PlayBook pins.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    03-27-13 05:25 PM
    Well interestingly enough people can call my Z10 using video chat from the playbook. even shows in the hub as playbook video chat, yet i do not know if there is a way to call out from the Z10 without BBM video chat.
    03-27-13 06:50 PM
    I know that I can video chat through the contact app. I just select a contact, and if I have that contact's email address and it's linked to a BBID, I can just select "PlayBook video Chat". I'm not sure what would happen if you put a PlayBook PIN into the BlackBerry PIN field though, because that could maybe solve your problem of wanting to call by PIN.
    03-27-13 06:59 PM
    I don't think it uses the PIN, I think it is linked to the BBID. no one i tried to video chat with had my PIN.
    03-27-13 07:02 PM
    I've been able to call my Z10 from my PlayBook using the Z10's PIN. I tried calling the PlayBook using the PlayBook Video Chat option from the menu, but my PlayBook never rang.

You can enter a person's BBID or PIN to call someone via BBM or PlayBook video chat. It works both ways.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:18 PM
    I've been able to call my Z10 from my PlayBook using the Z10's PIN. I tried calling the PlayBook using the PlayBook Video Chat option from the menu, but my PlayBook never rang.

You can enter a person's BBID or PIN to call someone via BBM or PlayBook video chat. It works both ways.

Posted via CB10
    How's you call the PlayBook? I can only call my PlayBook if I call my Z10 first and it shows up in the Hub, and my PlayBook doesn't ring. I also have my PlayBook as a contact with the pin in it but it gives me an option to invite to BBM. I don't know how to call bbids.

03-28-13 01:13 AM
    You have to have the PlayBook's user in your contacts, with their BlackBerry ID as one of their email addresses.

The contact sheet for this person will now show a video chat symbol. If it's grey they are offline, if it's green you can call them by touching the video chat symbol.

You can also do it from BBM by going to your contact list and selecting the person.

Posted with a BlackBerry Zed10 via CB10
    03-28-13 06:40 AM
    50136453 want to enhance english chat chit with u hihi
    call me
    i always pick up the phone
    sex : Male
    06-10-13 07:45 AM
    Once they call you from a PB, you can use the notification link to call them back. SOmtimes you can add PIN to their contacts and call from there as well.
    06-10-13 08:16 AM
    Yeah but you can't call a PlayBook that shares the same BBID as the Z10.

06-10-13 10:29 AM
    I noticed that even on a call between z10s my phone refers to it as a PlayBook video chat. Even a bbm voice call it says pb video chat

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:32 AM
    BBM video can connect to the PlayBook - contacts can be contacted from a Z10 if the pin is added to the contact details.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:37 AM
    BBM video can connect to the PlayBook - contacts can be contacted from a Z10 if the pin is added to the contact details.

Posted via CB10
    NOT if the PB pin is linked to the same BBID as the Z10/Q10

06-10-13 12:46 PM

Why would you call yourself?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:53 PM
    I would like to video chat z10 to pb. I would leave the pb with my kids while on business meetings. Don't want to change the id and lose all the apps they've purchased

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 03:08 PM

I would like to video chat z10 to pb. I would leave the pb with my kids while on business meetings. Don't want to change the id and lose all the apps they've purchased

Posted via CB10
    You can call yourself if you start the call on the PlayBook. Just type the Z/Q10's PIN and hit dial.

To have it work the otherway around, you'd have invite yourself to BBM, then call yourself and have BBM ring on both devices. But BBM can't call and ring at the same time (and you can't add yourself as a contact).
    06-10-13 05:00 PM