So..... How many people have at least one issue for 10.3.1.? If you don't have any issues, I'll tell you one !
    Just go to the photo editor and scroll through the photo effects. You'll notice lags.

Blackberry has to really work on its software.
    Blackberry is spoiling an amazing platform, QNX.

If the QNX microkernel was with apple,they could've build the god of all the OS's and I'm sure.

I know ,you crackberry addicts will try to support BB maximum. I'm not criticizing blackberry, I'm just telling that blackberry has one of the best platform and they have to utilize it.
    03-09-15 03:16 AM
    So..... How many people have at least one issue for 10.3.1.? If you don't have any issues, I'll tell you one !
    Just go to the photo editor and scroll through the photo effects. You'll notice lags.

If the QNX microkernel was with apple,they could've build the god of all the OS's and I'm sure.

I know ,you crackberry addicts will try to support BB maximum. I'm not criticizing blackberry, I'm just telling that blackberry has one of the best platform and they have to utilize it.
    What mobile OS, or any OS for that matter, doesn't have bugs?

There are only two debilitating bugs in the final version(s) of 10.3.1 that I am aware of. BlackBerry responded to the screen flickering bug on the Passport in a week which is pretty good IMHO (yes they should have seen reports of the issue here with CB leak testing, but technically we shouldn't have had the leaks in the first place). They are probably working on the Z30 bug with the screen going black when people accidentally let the battery drain. I am sure that will be addressed very quickly as well as carriers have temporarily halted the rollout of 10.3.1 on these devices as a precaution.

So complaining about them sucking, because that's what you are doing, isn't going to help since you will never get a bug free OS and 10.3.1 isn't that bad. All things considered BlackBerry has done a pretty good job adding features and functionality quickly since the BB10 OS release.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Last edited by HotFix; 03-09-15 at 04:18 AM.
    der_mit and miker476 like this.
    03-09-15 03:57 AM
    BlackBerry responded to the screen flickering bug on the Passport in a week which is pretty good IMHO (yes they should have seen reports of the issue here with CB leak testing, but technically we shouldn't have had the leaks in the first place).

BlackBerry hasn't done anything about the flickering yet. Where's the official update for the issue? I shouldn't have to hassle with a leak to get such a basic function fixed.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 07:05 AM
    BlackBerry hasn't done anything about the flickering yet. Where's the official update for the issue? I shouldn't have to hassle with a leak to get such a basic function fixed.

Posted via CB10
    They haven't done anything, yet there is an update that you defiantly won't apply because it wasn't hand delivered to you OTA?

SMH

03-09-15 06:09 PM
    They haven't done anything, yet there is an update that you defiantly won't apply because it wasn't hand delivered to you OTA?

SMH

Wow... Are you justifying workarounds? Seriously?

Posted from a D618
    BerryRipe and mf1982 like this.
    03-09-15 06:27 PM

You are correct that there appear to have been issues with 10.3.1, but Apple OS's have not had perfect roll-outs either. My last Android update made me want to go postal on someone! Windows...don't even get me started! If you think there is a perfect OS out there that won't cause somebody, somewhere an issue or two when it is updated, you are sadly mistaken. However, I agree with you that OS developers, including BlackBerry, have a responsibility to work to minimize issues for those using their software. I am also sure BlackBerry did their best to release a trouble-free update with 10.3.1.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-09-15 06:44 PM
    What mobile OS, or any OS for that matter, doesn't have bugs?

There are only two debilitating bugs in the final version(s) of 10.3.1 that I am aware of. BlackBerry responded to the screen flickering bug on the Passport in a week which is pretty good IMHO (yes they should have seen reports of the issue here with CB leak testing, but technically we shouldn't have had the leaks in the first place). They are probably working on the Z30 bug with the screen going black when people accidentally let the battery drain. I am sure that will be addressed very quickly as well as carriers have temporarily halted the rollout of 10.3.1 on these devices as a precaution.

Don't forget that there has been a "Device PIN Block" error on quite a few Z30s too. Basically "bricked". If BB does not fix mine or address the "self reporting "lost phone error fixed, it is an FCC complaint. My bet is they will blow it off. All I have got is excuses from BB.

Their upgrade went in and reported phones as "lost". And they will not remove the "lost" issue/ YES, BB did tell me it was reported "lost" and I did not report it lost and I am the originator on the phone as verified by service provider. Activated AFTER the stolen phone rule went in. Activated 12/05/2014. Reported lost same day of BB10.3 OS upgrade.

So don't for get that "glitch". Blank screens are not everything.
    03-09-15 06:56 PM
    Wow... Are you justifying workarounds? Seriously?

Posted from a D618
    An update from the vendor is not a work around, it's a fix (hopefully). I'm simply saying being upset that you haven't received it OTA while you could manually load it is silly.

spikesolie likes this.
    03-09-15 07:30 PM
    An update from the vendor is not a work around, it's a fix (hopefully). I'm simply saying being upset that you haven't received it OTA while you could manually load it is silly.

So you're telling me that I can plug my phone into Link and get that update?

The update is out there, I know it is. BlackBerry considers it illegitimate (otherwise why the heck would they just have realized the flickering problem - leak testers have known for a long time and publicized it here).

BlackBerry has done nothing to solve the flickering to this point. Until it is an official update pushed by BlackBerry, their internal software is not a fix.

I could and have loaded leaks before, but no one in their right mind can consider it a fix for anyone other than the more technically inclined. Can you imagine other companies having these kinds of problems then walking away because it was fixed by leaked software that you needed to load on your device by hooking it up to your PC, downloading a few files, configuring some crap then having the fix applied?

No fix for the flickering or awful battery life has been provided officially by BlackBerry. You can't reasonably say otherwise.
    03-10-15 12:33 AM
    PlayBook was a sad chapter for the company....those were dark days and we are not in that period. I had flickering too, but that went away on its own. It's not like PlayBook not getting BB10 (which Heins PROMISED).
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-10-15 12:52 AM
    So you're telling me that I can plug my phone into Link and get that update?
    Where did I say that?

BlackBerry has done nothing to solve the flickering to this point. Until it is an official update pushed by BlackBerry, their internal software is not a fix.
    If they have done nothing, then I guess there is nothing for them to release??? The reality is they have a fix they are testing. The elusive problem was reportedly hard for them to reproduce and isolate, and a fix in that scenario will take time to test to verify it resolved the issue without causing another one for people to ***** about. They could rush the fix out the door, but if it didn't resolve the problem then people would complain about that as well.

No fix for the flickering or awful battery life has been provided officially by BlackBerry. You can't reasonably say otherwise.
    I never said they have pushed out the fix for the screen flickering to the masses. The implication being made is they don't have one and have done nothing, and neither of those statements is accurate. Getting mad that your issue isn't fixed right away helps no one. If you want the fix bad enough, it's out there. If you want to sit there and be upset that BlackBerry didn't push you the still in testing fix, then that's your prerogative too.

If you feel you aren't being treated properly, then perhaps another platform is better for you. However back to my original point that all OS makers have bugs, you can't get away from them and in the grand scheme of things these aren't that bad (screen flickering is only annoying and Z30 issue just means you shouldn't let your device drain completely).

Last edited by HotFix; 03-11-15 at 06:57 PM.
    03-10-15 08:32 PM