Hi Community !

I'd like to setup "Wifi audio pipe through" at home, cause my Q5 has an excellent (headphone out) sound, and my home speaker lacks Bluetooth aptX codec, only SBT;

SBT sound quality is not as good as aptX, and Bluetooth reliability is very poor, so I'm going to setup an alternative setup

To pipe audio, my idea is to use "netcat" aka nc on the "source computer" and on the bb q5, the "wifi receiver".

I think I'll be able to cope with network adressing thanks to mDNS and .local domain.

But I need more information about piping audio to /dev file on Neutrinos.

Do you have some hints ? Which /dev file may I use to cat audio to ? which audio format are supported ?

Thanks for any tip on the subject.

Best Regards,

Long life to BB Hackers !
    01-25-18 04:45 AM
    BB Hackers....

Not sure command lines are going to work with BB10. Do remember some stuff back with the PlayBook... might could try searching there.
    01-25-18 11:56 AM
    Before all the "Buy a Keyone" harpers and whatsappers hijack the thread, this is how I stream audio to my Passport (and all other devices).

-Set up your source as a web server. Doesn't matter if you use apache, lighttp, or whatever microsoft uses. So long as your web server can read directories.
    -Point your webserver to the root folder of your music.
    -Save this .html file as index.html https://github.com/jensdpersson/lystra.html
    -Navigate any browser on your intranetwork to the IP address of the server. In my case 192.168.1.106.

Tada! Filetree streaming music remotely. MP3, Flac, Ogg, etc. If you go out of the office, you can throw in a password for the folder, open up a port in your router, and then you free reign to stream your stuff anywhere in the world.

Of course, grabbing your self a 128gb sd card is a good option too. Using ghost commander to ftp into said server to change out the music every now and then...

This is all assuming you are wanting to listen to files you own. If you're streaming from somewhere else and want to stream to another device... Well that's just silly. Own the damn files!

As for command line. You would have to compile and port various stuff over to BB10's bastardize shell system. I have been able to get Links2 to work, which I use for light webbrowsing. But it's a pain in the ***, and sound is probably a whole 'nother layer of complex. Http method is much better, easier to do.
    LSDBerry likes this.
    01-25-18 12:13 PM
    That's a lot of work to do what a $35 Chromecast Audio already does incredibly well and simply.

Attachment 433709

Attachment 433710
    Last edited by Troy Tiscareno; 01-26-18 at 06:07 PM.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-25-18 12:25 PM
    Thank u so much BronzeBeard, I'll be very glad to learn how to setup this whole micro factory and enjoy the home made System. By the way, is there cmd line based free software 'package suite' like.. apt-get, gentoo, fink, macports, brew for example but for BlackBerry 10 ? But this is probably to be search for in another thread :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-25-18 04:56 PM
    ok,

To enable listing of files below http://webserver/~testuser, I had to grant server-generated directory index with the following instructions (apache)

<Directory "/Users/testuser/www">
    Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks
    </Directory>
    01-25-18 10:25 PM
    Thank u so much BronzeBeard, I'll be very glad to learn how to setup this whole micro factory and enjoy the home made System. By the way, is there cmd line based free software 'package suite' like.. apt-get, gentoo, fink, macports, brew for example but for BlackBerry 10 ? But this is probably to be search for in another thread :-)

Posted via CB10
    https://github.com/mordak/playbook-dev-tools

Via Pasta CB10
    01-26-18 02:13 AM
    Glad you got it working berradicted_fr. I use Lighttpd my self since my music server is a small mips machine. Anyhoo, if you have a github account, be sure to subscribe to the repo, as the guy is updating it periodically and there are quite a few quality of life things planned.

Once you get used to it, the next stage is to secure it (.htaccess) and then open up a port in your router for remote connection. At which point you can stream your music from any device connected to the internet, anywhere in the world. Works great when your wife works in an office. You work at home. Kid goes to school. And all the devices have limited storage or whatever. Or if you're like me and use 11 different computers a day. :\
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    01-26-18 05:44 PM