Quick question - does BB10 on the Z10 support PIN-to-PIN messaging?
    02-04-13 02:01 PM
    I will confirm tomorrow, but I hope so :s one of the main communication avenues for my work is PIN messaging and since I'm the only one upgrading to a BB10 at the moment, I need it to work.
    02-04-13 02:15 PM
    I'm surprised that this hasn't yet been answered to be honest. It seems to me that this would be something important to a lot of users. It certainly is to the BlackBerry users I know...
    02-05-13 09:08 AM
    I am too, don't understand why this has flown so under the radar
    02-05-13 09:14 AM
    That may be one of the features you get on BIS plans but I haven't found any clear details on this topic yet (yes, I've seen the CB post)
    02-05-13 09:20 AM
    From what I've seen there is no PIN messaging in BB10 as stated hopefully this will be included in a future update

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-05-13 09:34 AM
    So do the BB10 devices (Z10 for example) have PINs assigned to them? If so, what happens when you send a PIN-to-PIN message to a BB10 phone from a BB7 phone?
    02-05-13 10:33 AM
    I never understood PIN messaging. What does it do that BBM doesn't?
    02-05-13 12:59 PM
    It's generally regarded as an anonymous way to communicate between BlackBerry users. Before BBM came along it also had the unique benefit of showing whether a message had been received by the recipient's device, but of course BBM does that and more. Personally, I think PINs are a pain because they change whenever your device changes. And I'm not convinced about the anonymous nature of them either - my understanding is that they are sent unencrypted and pass through RIM's servers.
    02-05-13 01:10 PM
    It works but only one way. If i send the Z10 a pin message from my 9810 it comes up on the Z10 as a notification. There is no way reply or at least i cant find a way.
    02-05-13 03:49 PM
    Not that I can see on my Z10, I was looking for the same thing earlier.
    02-05-13 04:37 PM
    yeah, it was mentioned before that this wasnt likely to be available
    02-05-13 04:41 PM
    The way I've described it to my guys in the field is that BBM is PIN messaging, just made to look purdy lol They're going to have to get used to it since I'm the one that controls all the communication in the company lol using BBM also has the added advantages of Groups which makes it easier to organize emergency calls and site meets. Tired of being the "young buck" in the company trying to change things lol get over your old a$$ and adapt to the changing world lmao
    02-07-13 12:48 PM
    I hope PIN to PIN message is include on a future update on BB10. I used and I like it very much. If a group of BB users uses this, and one or two person from this group change your phone to Z10, what happens? Need to change the habit to the whole group? Very little chance for it... Anyone have an information if it is possible including this on BB10?
    02-10-13 12:54 PM
    ^ we all need to make noise about this PIN to PIN being taken out its bul****t. Every time I see a PIN related thread I will bump it up. If you don't like PIN messaging there is no need to question why we want it back. For us OLD SCHOOL BB users PIN to PIN is why we choose to use BB's in the first place.
    02-10-13 06:34 PM
    Exactly - nothing and less in fact.
    02-10-13 06:38 PM
    ^ we all need to make noise about this PIN to PIN being taken out its bul****t. Every time I see a PIN related thread I will bump it up. If you don't like PIN messaging there is no need to question why we want it back. For us OLD SCHOOL BB users PIN to PIN is why we choose to use BB's in the first place.
    Then use BBM, because that's PIN TO PIN messaging - do you not realize that Mr. Old School Thread Bumper? Tell me, do you think the Edsel would work today too?
    bizzyqu likes this.
    02-10-13 06:41 PM
    It allows you to comunicate with other people on blackberry's with out having to add and accept them to BBM. It also keeps people that you don want to share your personal BBM. It is also encrypted unlike BBM....
    02-10-13 06:43 PM
    Then use BBM, because that's PIN TO PIN messaging - do you not realize that Mr. Old School Thread Bumper? Tell me, do you think the Edsel would work today too?
    Why would I share my BBM with clients? BBM you need to accept somebody a PIN it goes str8 to their BB!

Mr. New School BBM Non Pin User...lol
    02-10-13 06:46 PM
    Why would I share my BBM with clients? BBM you need to accept somebody a PIN it goes str8 to their BB!

One could also ask why would you share your phone number or email with clients. The answer is because that's a way to communicate.
    02-10-13 06:55 PM
    E-MAIL is not secure enough.
    02-10-13 07:06 PM

I have several clients on my BBM, including my buyers and vendors. They also have my phone numbers as well and I have theirs...unencrypted! So, you wouldn't accept an invite from one of your clients? Too bad for you. I get them and accept them all the time. And as far as a PIN going "st8t" to their device, that's what a BBM message does as well. In any case, you might as well shut your doors now, because if that's what you depend on for business with your clients, you're SOL...l8r Mr Old School...go get an Edsel and have fun with that.
    02-10-13 08:00 PM
    Just tried from my 9900 to my Z10 seems to be working for me.

02-10-13 08:29 PM
    Just tried from my 9900 to my Z10 seems to be working for me.

great to hear this just to clear that means you can send and rec msg from both phones
    02-10-13 10:09 PM
    great to hear this just to clear that means you can send and rec msg from both phones
    just received my z10. Cannot find a place to send pin from on device. only receive a notification if someone sends me one and cannot reply back.
    Would love to be able to use pin to pin if available???
    02-11-13 06:37 PM
48 12