In in the USA, Pacific time zone.

PIN spam from BlackBerry Indonesia (26BDAA21) at 10:57 PM. I'm sleeping because I need to be up at 3:00 AM. Not happy.

PIN spam from BlackBerry Indonesia (2A5690BF) at 5:04 AM on other day. I'm sleeping because I need to go to work late. Not happy.

Questions:
    a) Is it really BlackBerry sending spam?
    b) how can I block the spam or request that BlackBerry stop spamming me?

I turned off sound alerts for all PIN messages as temporary workaround. But I'm really not happy to be getting this spam in the first place.
    10-02-13 11:59 AM
    I got one once but my family members get these annoying PINs every now and then.
    Smh.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 12:12 PM
    I think it's safe to say that no it is not BlackBerry sending them. These seem to be sent out at random, my friend has got a couple but I never have.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 12:31 PM
    I had my suspicion that they are not really from BlackBerry. When I tried opening one, I just get a spinning wheel.

Any way to block them?
    10-02-13 12:42 PM
    In in the USA, Pacific time zone.

PIN spam from BlackBerry Indonesia (26BDAA21) at 10:57 PM. I'm sleeping because I need to be up at 3:00 AM. Not happy.

PIN spam from BlackBerry Indonesia (2A5690BF) at 5:04 AM on other day. I'm sleeping because I need to go to work late. Not happy.

Questions:
    a) Is it really BlackBerry sending spam?
    b) how can I block the spam or request that BlackBerry stop spamming me?

I turned off sound alerts for all PIN messages as temporary workaround. But I'm really not happy to be getting this spam in the first place.
    Turn firewall 'on'
    10-02-13 12:44 PM
    I had my suspicion that they are not really from BlackBerry. When I tried opening one, I just get a spinning wheel.

Any way to block them?
    Add their pin in bbm apps, go to invite sent section in bbm delete and choose ignore. Hope it helps

Sent from my X909 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-02-13 12:45 PM
    I got the same thing last week - thought it was maybe just me.

I don't think it's really BB... but it was definitely spam via PIN.

-Chris-
    CMcRob likes this.
    10-02-13 12:55 PM
    I will try the suggestions here. Thanks for the info.
    10-02-13 07:18 PM
    Turn firewall 'on'
    I have not figured out how to do this. Is it available in BB10?
    10-04-13 03:06 PM
    Here in the US I was receiving spam about the new BB Q10 from RIM via anonymous email push. It was pretty obvious it came from RIM, since there was no destination address, no headers, and nothing like it received directly from any of my email accounts. The device was displaying the RIM spam only in the �messages� section, which meant it was not delivered by any BIS email account, not even via PIN. There�s no way to stop that spam.
    10-12-13 04:18 PM
    I guess this is the reason..

PIN SPAM from BlackBerry Indonesia-img_20131107.png

I used to get a lot of random requests but it has stopped for a while

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 04:49 PM
    Ironic I just got one, first I've ever seen.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 06:07 PM
    I've seen that PIN. It's truly incredible: they get to use a name for the sender instead of your usual "only-PIN" for strangers. Then you have the usual idiocy of mentioning "BlackBerry RIM" or something like that.

At any rate, if you get a PIN from "BlackBerry Indonesia", make sure to delete that ****. This goes for Indonesians as well, because quite frankly you can't ascertain an ID by PIN, you can only ascertain a device, 'tis a poor comms method.

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    10-12-13 09:15 PM
    Having wiped without a restore, I lost my spam messages from RIM BlackBerry Indonesia. However, the next time I get them, I'd try figuring out how to curse in Indonesian.
    10-12-13 09:18 PM
    Thurask, this renews the question, I have never security wiped after loading a fresh OS. Care to revisit the need to do so? And why would that change the ability for these spam pin messages from appearing? I fail to see the correlation...

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 11:52 PM
    Thurask, this renews the question, I have never security wiped after loading a fresh OS. Care to revisit the need to do so? And why would that change the ability for these spam pin messages from appearing? I fail to see the correlation...

Posted via CB10
    It may or may not be superstition, but back in the pre 10.1 MR days, my phone would regularly get sluggish after an OS install until a security wipe. It's become habitual now, as has not relying on backups (although that was due to the craptacular qualities of Link).

And the wipe would change the appearance of the PIN spam in deleting the PIN spam, which precludes responding about the questionable ancestry of the originator of the message if the message has been security wiped to oblivion.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 01:14 AM
    Heh, nice answer.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 01:27 AM
    Whereas I had never had the pin spam message prior to loading, other than erasing it, I see no need to wipe. The pin blocking thing seems to be a better answer. However, I am still curious as to where the spammers got my pin to begin with...perhaps trolling data on sites such as this? hmm....

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 01:36 AM
    Whereas I had never had the pin spam message prior to loading, other than erasing it, I see no need to wipe. The pin blocking thing seems to be a better answer. However, I am still curious as to where the spammers got my pin to begin with...perhaps trolling data on sites such as this? hmm....

Posted via CB10
    That, or a PIN generator. A PIN is just a meaningless hexadecimal string, enough guesses should return anyone's PIN.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 01:39 AM
    Another very good point. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 02:09 AM