Hey gang,

Does anyone know what happens when you pin a file in the box app?

The help file says it syncs the file / folder to the device so it's available offline, and that files / folders that are not pinned are only available when you have a network connection.

What I'm wondering is, where do the sync'd files go? I pinned a folder, then searched box Device and SD card, but I can't find the pinned files.

The reason I'm asking is that, obviously the device has 16 GB of storage, but my box has far more. If I pin a folder that's larger than 16 GB, what happens?
    02-28-13 11:27 AM
    I've been wondering the same thing. I'm thinkingit will have to be on device somewhere as BlackBerry can't assume everyone would have an SD card, and the Box app doesn't give any options. Be nice to know for sure

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 11:56 AM
    Using PlayCloud, I did a search for a specific file that is in a Pinned dropbox folder. I searched the local device and the SD card. No sign of it on the SD card, but it did show up on the local device storage.

i'm not sure what to make of the path. More exploring needed...

Pin a file/folder in Box app?-img_00000080.jpg
    02-28-13 03:49 PM
    Old post, I know, but I'd like to first chime in and then follow with a question.

Perhaps the box folder is on the phones hard drive, but is a separate location and solely under "box."

And my question: I'd like to make a pinned folder my music, so that it constantly updates. But, is it possible to have this pinned folder be located on the media card, since I have ample space on there?
    06-11-13 09:27 PM
    Pinning a file in your Box makes that file accessible without a network/WiFi connection. It doesn't copy the file anywhere on your phone - the file remains/accessed in the original Box folder.
    09-20-15 04:59 PM