Hi,

On my Z30, when I go into my pictures folder, the top 6 photos are, as they should be, the 'Recently Added' set. However, in my case, there are 3 photos that aren't, and were actually added at 3 different times, all within the past 3 weeks, but I have added plenty since. They are always the 1st, 2nd & 3rd photos.

I have rebooted a few times, taken the SD card out on which they are saved, moved them from the SD card to the device, and back again, renamed them also, but they still stay there. Every new added photo appears there, but from position 4, so to speak, on-wards. If I've added or taken a few photos, they all go there also, but they are the 4th, 5th photo etc. The 'Recently Viewed' section just below behaves in the correct manner.

It's no big deal, but I'm interested to know if anyone else seen this, or know how to correct it?

Cheers.
    05-07-14 09:22 AM
    Hi,

On my Z30, when I go into my pictures folder, the top 6 photos are, as they should be, the 'Recently Added' set. However, in my case, there are 3 photos that aren't, and were actually added at 3 different times, all within the past 3 weeks, but I have added plenty since. They are always the 1st, 2nd & 3rd photos.

I have rebooted a few times, taken the SD card out on which they are saved, moved them from the SD card to the device, and back again, renamed them also, but they still stay there. Every new added photo appears there, but from position 4, so to speak, on-wards. If I've added or taken a few photos, they all go there also, but they are the 4th, 5th photo etc. The 'Recently Viewed' section just below behaves in the correct manner.

It's no big deal, but I'm interested to know if anyone else seen this, or know how to correct it?

Cheers.
    Try deleting them. I mean if they aren't needed and you're tired of seeing them.
    05-07-14 03:28 PM
    Try deleting them. I mean if they aren't needed and you're tired of seeing them.
    Haha. Thanks for taking the time replying, altho' I'm not sure BlackBerry technical support should be your chosen vocation.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 03:34 PM
    Haha. Thanks for taking the time replying, altho' I'm not sure BlackBerry technical support should be your chosen vocation.

Posted via CB10
    Well honestly it's a run of the mill answer I gave you. Never heard of the problem before. Troubleshooting is a process. If you're not willing to try it, then what's the points of stating your problem. Give it a try, if it doesn't work, we'll look at other options. Or maybe someone else will have a suggestion.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-08-14 12:26 PM
    Well honestly it's a run of the mill answer I gave you. Never heard of the problem before. Troubleshooting is a process. If you're not willing to try it, then what's the points of stating your problem. Give it a try, if it doesn't work, we'll look at other options. Or maybe someone else will have a suggestion.
    Woulda been my suggestion as well lol OP has obviously tried all the normal suggestions ( rebooted, moved to and from SD, renamed what else is there?) If you delete the photos and they are still showing up, then there is something seriously wrong.

OP, what OS are you on? When and how did you last update? Was this happening pre-update? Have you installed any apps in the last little while that might be causing this?
    05-08-14 12:36 PM
    Apologies if my comment above was taken out of context. It was meant a tad more sarcastic than maybe it came across!

In the end, I did actually delete them, but I sent them to my EM beforehand, sent them back, and re-saved them. This seems to have solved it, but as to why it happened, no idea - hopefully it won't reoccur...

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 01:25 PM
    Apologies if my comment above was taken out of context. It was meant a tad more sarcastic than maybe it came across!

In the end, I did actually delete them, but I sent them to my EM beforehand, sent them back, and re-saved them. This seems to have solved it, but as to why it happened, no idea - hopefully it won't reoccur...

Posted via CB10
    I caught your sarcasm, that's why I didn't respond like a d***. Glad you got it figured out tho.
    05-08-14 02:40 PM
    Check the time stamp of the photos and adjust accordingly. I had the same issue with sorting and the date turned out to be Jan 2075!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 06:47 PM
    Is there a way to refresh the picture app so it can start indexing the files again? My only solution to this problem has been to just restart the phone. This usually happens when I move around large folders with hundreds of pictures from one location to another location.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 08:04 PM
    Have this issue too. Take a photo, i go to pictures app to look for it but ain't there.

Rebooted and voila! It's now there. Kinda annoying little bug.

Z10 STL100-2 / running official 10.2.1.2141
    05-08-14 10:33 PM
    This is usually caused by the device date inadvertently setting itself to a date in the future.

I have a set of 4 pics (taken last week) that I apparently took on May 23rd, 2014. Needless to say they have been the most recent.

I never changed the date, or changed it back so I'm assuming it was an OS glitch or perhaps a Verizon network time server glitch.

I'll just wait until May 23rd... not too big of a deal.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:47 PM
    Check the time stamp of the photos and adjust accordingly. I had the same issue with sorting and the date turned out to be Jan 2075!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I did check this also, but it was right.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 11:32 PM