I've got the Z30 on 10.2.1.2977.

I have a class 10 SanDisk 64 GB memory card.

The camera app is set to store photos on the memory card.

Sometimes, like this morning, I'll take a few pictures, and when I go to the pictures app, they don't appear. And yes, I have selected the tab "Date" which usually shows the most recently taken photos at the top. Selecting the "Recent" tab doesn't bring them up either.

If I go in the File Manager app, and select the Camera folder on the memory card, there they are... except... their thumbnails are generic boxes, as you can see in the following screenshot...

Photos not appearing in the BB10 "Pictures" app-img_20141117_131900.png

Plus, an earlier photo that I deleted earlier this morning still shows as a generic thumbnail in the list and that thumbnail can't be deleted. It says "Unable to delete file - no such file or directory".

Funnily, the screenshots which are stored in the camera folder in the device memory show up no problem.

I realise it's probably an SD card indexing issue, but it's been over 2 hours now. I wonder if there's any way to force a re-indexing without restarting the phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 02:23 PM
    I am having an issue with pictures showing up as well in my file manager. I see the same blank placeholder. If I tap on that,the picture DOES come up. Weird as this never happened to me before. But I am on a leak (1151) so I guess that could be part of it.

Know what? I have the same type card too......
    11-17-14 02:37 PM
    I've got the Z30 on 10.2.1.2977
    Previewing can be very long if you have GeoTag to On and cannot fixed the GPS signal.
    Photos not appearing in the BB10 "Pictures" app-img_20141117_215118_edit.png

Another thing is the SD card format. For 64Go and above, use Fat32, not ExFat
    11-17-14 02:53 PM
    This may sound like a cliche, but try a hard reset. I've had a similar problem with thumbs showing after deleting a picture, they usually dissappear after hard resting. Hopefully, this does the job too for those pics not showing.

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    11-17-14 03:07 PM
    I would try,

Set the camera to save to device memory, then take a couple of shots, confirm they have saved by viewing them.

Then

Set the camera to save back to the SD card, take a couple of shots, view them.

Hope that works.

If you hook up to a pc, showing all files, you can see a file called thumbs db, they can safely be deleted and may help re index the camera folder.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 03:20 PM
    Try removing your memory card then putting it back in. Your device will take a few seconds to scan the memory card and things will be back to normal. That worked for me

BBM: 2BE320B5 IG: iinkmywholebodiie
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-17-14 03:20 PM
    OK I've just pulled out the memory card.

I'll give it a couple of minutes to re-index.
    11-17-14 03:36 PM
    I've just rechecked the Pictures app and there they were! The card pull worked!!!

Thx for the tip, Mr. Tatted Up "I came, I saw, I conquered".

Don't know why I didn't think of that. But gosh, WTF, why does it work like that? Grrr...
    11-17-14 03:54 PM
    But gosh, WTF, why does it work like that? Grrr...
    Do you have the GeoTag setting to On in your camera settings ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141117_215118_edit.png 
Views:	650 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	315108
    How did you format your SD card ? As you do not have the last release, I advise you to format it in Fat32 on your computer.
    11-17-14 03:58 PM
    Do you have the GeoTag setting to On in your camera settings ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141117_215118_edit.png 
Views:	650 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	315108
    How did you format your SD card ? As you do not have the last release, I advise you to format it in Fat32 on your computer.
    Thx Joshua,

I have the geotag option off.

My card is formatted to exFAT cuz sometimes I might have a movie file over 4 GB.

Seems to me a software fix should be able to resolve this given that it can be fixed with a simple card pull. The software engineers could make the OS do whatever it does with a card pull whenever a new photo is taken with the camera. Just sayin'...

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 04:02 PM
    I had this problem with my 64gb card. Every time I reset my pics would show up. I formated in both formats and no dice. I ended up getting a 32gb and it's been working great!

Posted Via CB10 From My Z30!
    11-17-14 04:33 PM
    I have a similar problem, but not quite the same. I was going to start a new thread but...

I have a 32 GB SD card, and my Passport is set to store photos on it. On that card I have the folders "Camera", "Wallpaper", and "photos", with pictures in each. All images appear in the Pictures app, but the ones in the "photos" folder appear without any folder being named. For this reason, if I want to move an image from "Camera" to "photos", I can't do it because that folder doesn't appear, even though the app is clearly reading it.

If I use File Manager, the folder is there, and I can move images to and from it. It's only in Pictures that it's invisible. If I create a subfolder in "photos" and put images in it, it will appear as a named place in the Pictures app.

I think it's been this way since the first version of 10.3.xxxx that I installed, but I'm not certain. It's not new with .1151, I'm certain of that.
    11-19-14 06:53 AM
    I am having an issue with pictures showing up as well in my file manager. I see the same blank placeholder. If I tap on that,the picture DOES come up. Weird as this never happened to me before. But I am on a leak (1151) so I guess that could be part of it.

Know what? I have the same type card too......
    I can confirm this also try and reboot and my camera started saving normal again. It only did this when I moved to the leak

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 07:36 AM