Is there anything in 10.2 or coming to help "auto shrink" photo when you need the email multiple pics

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:40 AM
    Is there anything in 10.2 or coming to help "auto shrink" photo when you need the email multiple pics

Posted via CB10
    Do you really want your photos reduced in size? If I take a hi-res image, I would like to send it a hi-res image. If I don't, I would downsize it on my own prior to sending.

Also, BB10 has the ability to zip file together which I've used many times to send heavier PDFs and presentations.

Im not trying to dog you, just curious.
    09-13-13 09:49 AM
    Do you really want your photos reduced in size? If I take a hi-res image, I would like to send it a hi-res image. If I don't, I would downsize it on my own prior to sending.

Also, BB10 has the ability to zip file together which I've used many times to send heavier PDFs and presentations.

Im not trying to dog you, just curious.
    Such a typical response. Yes, people want to resize their hi-res images for sending. Yes, this is a foolish oversight on BlackBerry for this platform. No, it has not been fixed.

You don't need that feature. That omission is by design. Sideload X app to do that. Etc, etc etc. All rampant excuses here for BlackBerry's gaping holes in its OS programming.
    09-13-13 10:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    There's nothing in the leaked versions of 10.2 to-date to give us this capability. In the official version to be released? Maybe. We won't know until it drops.
    09-13-13 11:35 AM
    Such a typical response. Yes, people want to resize their hi-res images for sending. Yes, this is a foolish oversight on BlackBerry for this platform. No, it has not been fixed.

You don't need that feature. That omission is by design. Sideload X app to do that. Etc, etc etc. All rampant excuses here for BlackBerry's gaping holes in its OS programming.
    1. Chill-out buddy. Everything is going to be okay.

2. I wasn't trying to defend BBRY. I didn't even know that it wasn't capable of doing that simply because I never wanted to downsize my camera phone photo just to send through email. I personally want to send the best quality as possible.

2. I don't think it is an oversight but maybe it was. Who knows. However, you still have to remember the BBRY wants to be business/workplace first, consumer second. The ability to send higher-res images would be more idle in the workplace or when sending to a vendor or client. So, if they did integrate this, I would only hope that it's an option upon uploading and to automatically.

All thoughts just IMHO.
    09-13-13 02:57 PM
    All they need to do is have it as it is on BlackBerry OS7...When you emailed a pic, it gave you three or four options, original size and two or three smaller ones which covers all scenarios.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4828
    09-13-13 03:03 PM
    Yeah. Especially for BBM pics as well. When I share a pic, I don't really need to send a 1 MB file. I want it to ask me if I want it scaled down smaller.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 03:22 PM
    @walt63: You don't think it was an oversight? The absurdity around here continues. Of course it was an oversight. BB07 had it, and it worked just. You had the option of full sized or resized. You really think BlackBerry made a conscious decision to remove this option? More likely it was more smloppy oversight.

And BBM does automatically resize your picture WAY down, and you have no choice to send hi-resolutuion.

So no options in either application -- well done BlackBerry. Glad to see its fixed in the "AMAZING 10.2" OS...oh wait...it's not.

Posted via CB10
    alhpoole likes this.
    09-13-13 03:28 PM
    And BBM does automatically resize your picture WAY down, and you have no choice to send hi-resolutuion.

So no options in either application -- well done BlackBerry. Glad to see its fixed in the "AMAZING 10.2" OS...oh wait...it's not.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know, when I try sending images it always shows up as an attachment at the bottom with the file name and the file size in brackets. The files size is always the full size of the image so I end up having to send 1-2MB files.
    09-13-13 05:17 PM
    Yeah, that's an error. That's the original file size. It only sends the 25-50kb size that the recipient receives.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:02 PM
    There are plenty of reasons to resize an image. Lots of forums restrict the image size of attachments.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 10:49 AM
    Another reason to reduce the size is on the total email size send limit

The just blows

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 09:12 AM
    My app works well for this to/from the share menu:

Photo Crush:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/28901476

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 02:03 PM
    I bought Effectica- works great for resizing pics

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    09-23-13 07:28 AM
    @walt63: You don't think it was an oversight? The absurdity around here continues. Of course it was an oversight. BB07 had it, and it worked just. You had the option of full sized or resized. You really think BlackBerry made a conscious decision to remove this option? More likely it was more smloppy oversight.

Posted via CB10
    Benjamin, before you rant on, let me offer some advice: you have to realize that this is a new OS. It has nothing to do with BBos7 apart from being offered by the same company. To continue to compare it with bbos7 on a feature by feature basis is wrong.

There were reasons to scale down images in the old OS, first and foremost the size limitation in sending files through BIS. With bb10 I'm no longer getting that irritating 'message truncated ' in my inbox, and for that I'm thankful. So to put it another way, with the old OS that compression was a necessary extra step, a bandage if you will. We no longer need bandages as we can send the full image as intended.

If you want to compress an image for sending, there are countless ways and apps to do that now; it's just no longer a required part of the process. Better yet, try sharing it directly to the cloud. I'd say that's much easier.

To claim that it's an oversight is only a valid argument if you don't see this as a new OS, which I think that you are doing.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:42 AM
    You don't have to put up with failings all the time, just learn how to use the OS and ecosystem effectively.

Take a picture, share it with the photo editor where you can crop it and then share it with email to send it on. If you don't want to crop it but rather scale it (a valid requirement, but not one that is probably widely desired for reasons already stated) you may need to get an application that does scaling. A developer has already chimed in. If that application is written to take advantage of the OS it will be an invocation target and support invocation queries. If so the process would be the same: take a picture, share it with Photo Crush, scale the image, share it onto email, social media or what ever.

BB10 is the mobile OS that does not need do-everything-in-one-application development anymore.

And a quick stop by BlackBerry World and I see:
    New: Now you can invoke Photo Crush from the Share menu! Perusing your camera's pictures and want to send them smaller and quickly? Hit the Share button and choose Photo Crush. Invoke, edit and send with Photo Crush!

Well done David, I've added your app to my need-to-get list.
    09-23-13 01:23 PM
    I like the kiss method keep bit simple for the stupid. Take ten pic chose send option to resize comes up chose size hit send us less data allotment if possible move on.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 06:32 PM