Does BlackBerry have to respond to every rumor? On the other hand, how do you know that information is untrue?
    They should respond to rumors such as this, because they hurt even more (if possible) the sales of BB10 devices. Do you remember the BBFactCheck website?
    07-30-15 12:32 PM
    The BlackBerry Passport is a device that would still lure the small but loyal group of ‘Berry loyalists, but even they would do better if they just wait out. BlackBerry seems to have finally decided on abandoning its own platform in favor of Android, and inside sources claim that a new BlackBerry flagship running on Android is coming in the fall. The so called BlackBerry Venice is expected to arrive in October-November, and it will be the first BlackBerry running on Android with all the great apps that come with it. The phone is said to be a slider featuring that signature BlackBerry physical keyboard. Definitely worth waiting for, isn’t it?
    Ok, this is ALL speculation. SHAME on the OP of this topic for his clickbait topic title for insinuating that PA had some kind of 'insider info' or was stating definitively that BB was abandoning BB10. Their wording is very clearly "might" and "may" and that's hardly the same thing. Jebus.

Nevermind the fact that the Passport form factor is so totally unique and is the reason to buy the Passport in and of itself (as opposed to other BB devices or other 16 x 9 devices that lack PKBs) so it's hardly insightful. This is must common sense: "don't buy last year's model when next year's is coming out in two weeks at the same price". (I wonder why cell phone vendors don't sell last years models at a steep discount to clear the channel before next year's come out... like car companies...) Anyone who follows tech news even casually could have written this article WHILE SITTING ON A TOILET... EVEN ON AN IPHONE!

...oh, and he left out "don't buy any overpriced Android device until after the OnePlus 2 comes out".
    07-30-15 12:48 PM
    PhoneArena: BlackBerry has given up on BB10 OS-o-boy.jpg

Again another Android rumor topic.... how many are there already??

Posted via my awesome Classic
    rthonpm likes this.
    07-30-15 12:58 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1031467

repeating shouting sex, sex, sex only attract a Hooker, and guess what?
    Yeah you have to pay for it.

So in this case give it a brake shouting Android Android...

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.2.+
    07-30-15 01:02 PM
    It used to be that competitors were the one responsible for sowing FUD. These days, it's the tech press.
    -ZDNet
    rthonpm likes this.
    07-30-15 02:08 PM
    Ya.. BlackBerry had give up BlackBerry 10, they plan to push out BlackBerry 12 which is already in the way that no one knows about this.

Just like Microsoft giving up Windows 8, they push out Windows 10 on yesterday.

BlackBerry 12 will be with BlackBerry Z30 successor equipped with new leading edge Paratek Antenna, graphene battery technology from Samsung (this is why they collaborate a lot with Samsung recently and no one is aware of this...), Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 4GB of RAM and Intel Atom Multi- Threading processor.

Posted via CB10
    Tell us what happened after you woke up.

Chad_Fortuin and awindsr like this.
    07-30-15 03:50 PM
    While it's all speculation and rumours, I genuinely believe there are people (beyond blackberry) that know the truth. And legitimately... Whether it be developers and the directions they need to take their apps in, ie concentrate more on android and less on native bb10 apps etc.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there have been a few videos of phone reviews on crackberry right when they are released where the reviewers say they not only knew about it, but has hands on time with these devices, while we were all here speculating ! Can't remember specifically whether it was cb Kevin or anyone else, but I am not imagining it!

And in the same way blackberry might need to advice developers on what to do for the future , they may also need to inform others of what is really happening ( as I'm not a business guy, I'm not sure who those people might be) but there definitely must be! Carriers for example would be an obvious guess.

People know. I'm sure of it in an unsure sort of way

Whether it's pure bb10 or android.. Although I am taking to the idea of android, especially with the blackberry experience suite!
    07-30-15 04:59 PM
    Didn't Chen give hints on this in a few interviews? So...what's so surprising? All the signs pointed to the sadness that BlackBerry 10 is following the steps of Tablet OS for PlayBook. It's going to be PlayBook deja vu all over again and that is bound to make many people here very unhappy.
    07-30-15 05:33 PM
    Probably lies but than there could be some truth. John Chen has done well and knows how to keep secrets. Shame he's continuing BlackBerry's god awful marketing strategy.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 02:08 AM
    Those devices still work nowadays, right ?
    That's not the point we are discussing.
    You brought it up so its fair to go there.
    07-31-15 03:07 AM
    Do people outside of the U.S. know what the Onion is?
    No. In the UK it's a vegetable.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    Allanon89 and Gajja like this.
    07-31-15 03:17 AM
    You brought it up so its fair to go there.
    Read again carefully and learn the difference between "not supported anymore" and "not working anymore"
    07-31-15 03:45 AM
    Sources tell me that BlackBerry is putting $25 million to get Snapchat...

Straight from Jason Bourne Arena

Posted with my  Classic
    Maybe it was the John Michael Kane Arena? Or perhaps David Webb Arena?
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    07-31-15 10:37 AM
    Going going gone. Poor marketing. Late development never paying anyone to.create the native apps. That where needed

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 11:57 AM
    Going going gone. Poor marketing. Late development never paying anyone to.create the native apps. That where needed

Posted via CB10
    You're a negative Nancy. Just read a few of your previous posts and now want to shoot myself.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    07-31-15 12:49 PM
    Those devices still work nowadays, right ?
    Checked my email on my PB today, tried to look at a bill online and got an error that the browser was no longer supported, something about TLS 1.0. The PlayBook, as slow as it was, is getting less and less useful by the day.

It does make for a nice, large bedside clock though.
    Gajja likes this.
    07-31-15 02:27 PM
    Maybe it was the John Michael Kane Arena? Or perhaps David Webb Arena?
    Located at 415 on 71st St

Posted with my  Classic
    fkornre likes this.
    07-31-15 03:03 PM
    Located at 415 on 71st St

Posted with my  Classic
    Operation Blackbriar?

Posted from an ME173X
    fkornre likes this.
    07-31-15 03:32 PM
    Don't believe everything you read or hear unless you read it in The National Enquirer or heard it straight from Oprah!

07-31-15 05:57 PM
    Operation Blackbriar?

Posted from an ME173X
    I remember.....I remember everything

Posted with my  Classic
    fkornre likes this.
    07-31-15 07:22 PM
    How do you contact those ******* at phone arena?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 09:59 PM
    With Windows 10 I think Microsoft are in a much healthier state than BlackBerry. I love the whole Windows 10 UI. I even set up my system with my really out of date hotmail email I haven't used in 11 years. (the stuff on there when I was a teenager is cringe)

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 12:50 AM

Regardless, I don't think there's a chance BlackBerry will outright abandon their existing BB10 customer base.

Posted via CB10
    Ummm playbook? Just sayin...

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-01-15 12:55 AM
    Ummm playbook? Just sayin...

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    PlayBook is an old device and all manufacturers end support for their devices after a period of time. So far BlackBerry is supporting all of their BB10 lineup phones. Unlike windows who abandoned Windows Phone 7 users after one generation release. Next release was Windows 8 phones and Windows 7 phone users were left in the cold for the new update. Now they are changing their tune I suspect, I saw a list of old phones that may be eligible for the new Windows 10 mobile. If they decide to abandon all their users again I won't even consider them ever.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 03:55 AM
    I don't think Blackberry users prefer a sudden death. It would be nice to be gentle, especially with the road to hell.
    08-01-15 04:19 AM
54 123