Let's say you lose your phone. So you login to Blackberry Protect and enable the remote wipe. What happens on the email server when using EAS and Box.com side of things? Do they keep their information or do they detect it deleted from the phone and delete all entries? I can't imagine it would but I was just curious how this process works.
    07-25-13 12:57 PM
    As far as I know it is the same as if you wiped the phone... you are deleting the emails or data, you are deleting settings/credentials for those apps to access anything. And a wipe would reset the phone to factory spec (like when you first pulled it out of the box).

Thankfully I've never had to remote wipe a device, but I have wiped many a device and this is how it has always worked, reset to out of the box condition.
    07-25-13 01:26 PM
    Ok, reset to out of the box. But what I meant is that it will it delete your emails, calendar appointments, etc. out of Outlook via EAS since it is two-way sync? And also Box.com?
    07-25-13 02:21 PM
    Ok, reset to out of the box. But what I meant is that it will it delete your emails, calendar appointments, etc. out of Outlook via EAS since it is two-way sync? And also Box.com?
    No, a wipe won't delete your data in Box or your emails, etc. It's a security wipe that deletes all access to those.

For example, I partake of leaked OS builds regularly. Part of the process is a full security wipe. I loose the account setups, but not data, messages, contacts etc., from my sync'd accounts.

Lovin' the Z | Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4651
    07-25-13 02:34 PM
    Ok, that's what I figured else it would be ridiculous. Just wanted to check!
    07-25-13 03:04 PM