Hello,
    I'm in Australia using a Z30 running 10.3.1.2708. I'm new to BB10.
    What frustrates me is that the OS insists on formatting phone numbers as XX XXXX XXXX (with spaces).
    This is great for national numbers, however general practice for mobile numbers in Australia (start with 04) is to format as 04XX XXX XXX.
    In addition, when I dial a local number without the area code (8 digits only) it formats this as XX XXXX XX!
    The result is very confusing and makes it difficult to recognise numbers. I've looked at the options in Smart Dialling but can't see anything there applicable.
    Can this be adjusted to not have spaces at all? My old 9900 never did.
    Cheers
    Gary
    Last edited by mr_gazza; 04-23-15 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
    04-23-15 05:43 PM
    I find that odd...Z30 here in Canada, no formatting...i.e. No spaces in any of the phone numbers. Same OS version as yours.
    Your carrier maybe?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 06:14 PM
    Your carrier maybe?
    Hmm...I've had two different carriers (Telstra and Optus) on this phone so far but it's always been the same.
    Any Aussies with the same issue?
    04-23-15 11:32 PM
    Hey Gary,

I'm in Spain right know and the local phone numbers I'm entering, whether for contacts or just texting, appear on the screen with some spaces, usually:

xxx xx xx xx

I don't think this can be changed. It seems to be country specific.

One tip I would give you is to always start with the plus sign followed by country code, regardless of whether you're in the country or not. That way, when you're in a different country, the phone calls and texting will always work.

So:

+61 xxx xx xx xx

Forget about the spaces. Once you've entered the number into your contacts, it'll usually be replaced by the name of the contact anyways. Then you don't have to "remember" the number and what it "looks" like.

Plus... the "plus" sign takes the place of the international dialing access code (011 in North America, 00 in Europe, not sure about Aussie). So that makes it quite convenient to dial or text regardless of which continent you're on. Handy for holidays and business travel.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 06:10 AM