Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Let's petition BlackBerry Mobile to add as many BB10 and even OS7 features to BlackBerry Android. This way many of us who will be forced to transition will have those features we love. Any ideas?
    01-01-19 05:36 PM
    The BB10 Calculator, Pictures, Music and Video apps so we don't need to rely on a mix match of random solutions from 3rd party developers.

The Alcatel File manager they now include works well enough, although I wish it's visual design was as clean and professional as the BB10 File Manager.

The Alcatel Calculator on the Key2 has currency conversion which is great, but the unit converter doesn't have as many functions as the BB10 Calculator. The Scientific Calc portion of the BB10 app is better and more complete also with significantly more functions.

I do like the Clock app they have bundled with the Key2. It's a virtual copy of the Google app, but no spyware and works without Play Services. Sadly I can't get this app to work on the Key1 or Priv.
    Martin Haughton likes this.
    01-01-19 05:55 PM
    What's easier said and done is to add Google Android Play Store, Play Services, Blackberry-Google ID and Google Settings to your Blackberry 10 OS device. This is a great UX through to end 2019 at BBRY 10 OS EOL.
    01-01-19 08:03 PM
    We need create petition about "open" BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-19 01:40 AM
    Let's petition BlackBerry Mobile to add as many BB10 and even OS7 features to BlackBerry Android. This way many of us who will be forced to transition will have those features we love. Any ideas?
    You don't need a petition. You just need to tell BlackBerry Mobile what you want. - https://crackberry.com/take-blackber...ur-voice-heard
    01-02-19 12:35 PM
    What's easier said and done is to add Google Android Play Store, Play Services, Blackberry-Google ID and Google Settings to your Blackberry 10 OS device. This is a great UX through to end 2019 at BBRY 10 OS EOL.
    Sorry, there are many of us that can't go that way.
    I abandoned BB10 for PRIV when I couldn't get the work-arounds to work with the dual factor authentication that my workplace has in place.

Plus which, it's END OF LIFE at the end of the year.
    01-02-19 04:39 PM
    Not so long ago, a developer tried to build a launcher to recreate the BB10 experience, and was shut down by Blackberry...
    So, I don't think they are interested at all.
    01-02-19 05:03 PM
    Might want to check out how successful the dozens of previous petitions have been.

One of them, after being online nearly a year, almost broke 300 "virtual signatures." That's certainly going to get TCL's attention!
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-02-19 05:37 PM
    that's not their mo, besides doesn't parent Blackberry develop the android os variant of BBMo so it would be better to knock on their doors... and that's not their mo either so it will be on deaf ears.
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 01-03-19 at 02:52 AM.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-03-19 01:24 AM
    We do not use Blackberry 10 simply because of its features. There's more to it than that

Posted via CB10
    Molfus likes this.
    01-03-19 10:34 AM
    Like any product, it will contain whatever features that the maker deems necessary to promote sales - given the constraints that they are operating under. I would not expect that their Android team has OS customization as a high priority since they seem to have their hands full with supporting the existing models as they are.
    01-03-19 12:06 PM
    Customizations also mean that every major update (and sometimes minor updates) have to be completely re-integrated and tested each time, because they have no control over the base code. That's one of the reasons why it takes a year to release a full version update. More customization would require either more time or more developers - and BB isn't anxious to throw money at the prospect.
    01-05-19 02:41 PM
    Well, at least they can add functions to the apps they offer and add back that old BB10 functionality say to the calculator as someone mentioned. That would be more realistic. Good info to know. And, thanks.
    Last edited by lloupez; 01-07-19 at 11:30 PM.
    01-07-19 11:18 PM