I have an app I haven't used in a long time but started using recently. I turned all the app permissions off except run when minimized and run in the background (which I don't do). Since starting to use it again, I am getting notifications in my Hub from the developer regarding other apps. So, this suggests to me that the app is sending some sort of data from my phone to notify the developer that I am using the app. I am really just curious about the level of control we actually have with the app permission options.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 09:14 AM
    I've only ever had this with a S4BB app, the settings for the app had the option to send promotional notifications (enabled by default).

I chose to uninstall all S4BB apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 09:19 AM
    I've only ever had this with a S4BB app, the settings for the app had the option to send promotional notifications (enabled by default).

I chose to uninstall all S4BB apps.

Posted via CB10
    This is not one of those apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 09:29 AM
    I queried it on the forums at the time and realised there was no permission control for notifications, so any app could make use of this if it desired too.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 10:19 AM
    07-21-17 10:31 AM
    which app is it?
    I'd rather not say since my intent was not to single out this developer nor rile up the tin foil hat gang. But it does make you wonder what information could be gained and transmitted. Doesn't seem so secure to me lol!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 01:23 PM
    I'd rather not say since my intent was not to single out this developer nor rile up the tin foil hat gang. But it does make you wonder what information could be gained and transmitted. Doesn't seem so secure to me lol!

Posted via CB10
    They are pushed through the app, I'd expect the ability to turn this off from within the app.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 02:12 PM
    They are pushed through the app, I'd expect the ability to turn this off from within the app.

Posted via CB10
    There is no option to turn it off. I don't get the notifications while the app is open so that's why I thought it was coming from elsewhere. If it is from the app, how is that possible if it is closed?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 02:19 PM
    That's where my knowledge is lacking sorry, it was the exact same position for me where all permissions were turned off and the app was closed.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 02:33 PM