When swiping up, holding then moving to the right, you will be able to peek into the Hub. But what if you are not in the Hub at the time? Well, in order to fully look into the Hub you will have to take your right thumb off the screen and press the back arrow with the left thumb in order to scroll back to the Hub or to the account you wish to view. I would suggest allowing the user the ability to be able to hold the the gesture with the right thumb and be able to press the back arrow with the left thumb to whatever desired layer, while simultaneously holding the peek gesture. For me this is a natural movement. I hope BB will incorporate this in upcoming updates.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 09:18 PM
    Most seem to think a future update will ensure that everytime you go to the hub, you will get the hub, not just the last place you left it.....for example texting.
    04-09-13 09:24 PM
    Most seem to think a future update will ensure that everytime you go to the hub, you will get the hub, not just the last place you left it.....for example texting.
    That would be a great start... However, when we do switch between things when inside the Hub, they should keep it where we left off.... i.e. when I have a email open and switch to BBM and switch back to email... it should stay at the opened email... instead of having to scroll through emails again and open the one that you were working on..

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 09:31 PM
    I don't mind being where I left off, I just want the option toggle back as far as I want. Without losing my peek features.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:35 PM
    yes PLEASE! a "time out" would be great so I can go right back to the hub would be awesome.
    04-12-13 09:55 AM
    i wouldn't want it to go back into the hub, i'd want it to go back to what i was doing last. this is how i multi task and want to keep it that way. at the very least, they should provide an option to 'always go to the hub' but not force it either way
    04-12-13 10:49 AM
    I think both the OP's suggestion and the time out suggestion are great.

Posted from my Zed10!
    04-12-13 10:52 AM
    yes PLEASE! a "time out" would be great so I can go right back to the hub would be awesome.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "time out". Can you give a little more detail? The concept sounds interesting but I can't visualize what your talking about.

Are you saying that after you arrow (toggle) back to the Hub, while holding your thumb down in peek gesture mode, that you could arrow (toggle) revers back thru the layers from the Hub, before taking your thumb off the peek gesture? Of course either way, once you take your thumb off the peek gesture you are back into your last application.

I think having that arrow (toggle) key on the bottom left programed to tap through each layer and the option to hold the arrow key to zoom back to Hub would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 05:22 AM
    How about a step further and make it where we can interact with the Hub while using the peek gesture? That would allow something truly unique.

Posted via CB10
    Rayysai and Vector-SS like this.
    04-13-13 02:08 PM
    I have two thumbs and I would like to be able to use them. That would be awesome to peek into the Hub and actually open the new email and read it without actually leaving the app I'm peeking out of.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:12 PM
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "time out". Can you give a little more detail? The concept sounds interesting but I can't visualize what your talking about.
    I think what they're suggesting is that the system would know, after a certain period of time, whether to peek back into the main hub or into the last page you were on.

Say for example I'm writing a text message, swipe to go to the browser to copy something I'm reading in an article, and go back to paste it into the message box. While I'm writing the text the peek goes straight to the message, but after I send my text and a certain amount of time as elapsed, the peek function would take me back into the Hub.

I think the option to choose one way over the other would be great, but I'm personally okay with how things are now.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    04-13-13 02:15 PM
    How about a step further and make it where we can interact with the Hub while using the peek gesture? That would allow something truly unique.

Posted via CB10
    YES, absolutely. This would bring BB10 OS a whole step further into the future. I could imagine talking on BBM and a friend asks about the email he sent me last week, I can peek, hold the peek, and with my other finger navigate through the HUB to find the email and read it, or open an attachment, etc. or just simply scroll through my latest messages while in mid-peek to see if anything important came in that didn't show up in my original view of the HUB when i peeked into it.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    04-18-13 12:34 PM
    I wish they would have text/bbm/emails/etc notification icons on the top by the clock like the old BB's....sometimes I have all notifications off (ie: ringer, LED and tones) and I wouldn't find out until I get out into the main screen
    04-18-13 01:19 PM
    I think something like the Cinnamon Toast feature would be nice. You get a quick preview that you can open if you need right when message comes in. Time Out idea is great though.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 07:40 PM
    I think what they're suggesting is that the system would know, after a certain period of time, whether to peek back into the main hub or into the last page you were on.

Say for example I'm writing a text message, swipe to go to the browser to copy something I'm reading in an article, and go back to paste it into the message box. While I'm writing the text the peek goes straight to the message, but after I send my text and a certain amount of time as elapsed, the peek function would take me back into the Hub.

I think the option to choose one way over the other would be great, but I'm personally okay with how things are now.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    Makes sense, however I'm not sure going into full functionality is what is needed. Scrolling back to the Hub is really enough. I think if you have to go into full functionality you might as well take your "Peek" thumb off the screen because your left thumb wouldn't have full access to the keyboard anyway. Does that make sense?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:57 AM