Is there anyway to a Paypal application for BB10 devices? I have got a passport at the moment. With Whatsapp declaring its end of days with BlackBerry, would it be too much to ask the developers to make a Paypal application for BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 06:40 AM
    I'm going to get hammered for suggesting this, but try the mobile web site and just create a shortcut on your desktop. It looks and performs great. It will do any function that you ask and, in this one case for BB!0, really no need for an app. You can also use the android version if you want an app, which is what I had on my Passport, but after seeing how well the mobile web app worked, I soon deleted it.
    mh1983 likes this.
    07-17-16 07:00 AM
    I don't know why you would get hammered for this. Going back to the official launch of BB10 (BBX as it was called then) on of BlackBerry's main points was device and OS agnostic HTML5 web applications where they made sense. In a transactional environment like PayPal using the mobile website makes a lot of sense.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    07-17-16 02:23 PM
    I don't know why you would get hammered for this. Going back to the official launch of BB10 (BBX as it was called then) on of BlackBerry's main points was device and OS agnostic HTML5 web applications where they made sense. In a transactional environment like PayPal using the mobile website makes a lot of sense.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Well, because I did get the gears last time I mentioned it. All of a sudden I had the usual "apps can NEVER be replaced" crowd. It seems like you always have to present a defensive position here on CB for anything related to this subject. All I am saying is that in this instance the mobile site is designed to work very well.

P.s. Once again, I know that BB10 is app lacking and generally speaking HTML 5 Web Apps will NEVER replace apps. There that should cover me again
    brian4591 likes this.
    07-17-16 03:29 PM
    I'm going to get hammered for suggesting this, but try the mobile web site and just create a shortcut on your desktop. It looks and performs great. It will do any function that you ask and, in this one case for BB!0, really no need for an app. You can also use the android version if you want an app, which is what I had on my Passport, but after seeing how well the mobile web app worked, I soon deleted it.
    Or get the PayPal app from BB World, since it's a shortcut to the mobile site now: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=US&lang=en
    07-17-16 03:33 PM
    Or get the PayPal app from BB World, since it's a shortcut to the mobile site now: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=US&lang=en
    Not available in Canada. Still have to create that desktop shortcut. Unless you are referring to something called GetPaid?
    07-17-16 04:04 PM
    Not available in Canada. Still have to create that desktop shortcut. Unless you are referring to something called GetPaid?
    Apparently the PayPal "app" is only for the USA, UK and Australia. Not that it matters, just go with the shortcut.
    07-17-16 04:41 PM
    Well, because I did get the gears last time I mentioned it. All of a sudden I had the usual "apps can NEVER be replaced" crowd. It seems like you always have to present a defensive position here on CB for anything related to this subject. All I am saying is that in this instance the mobile site is designed to work very well.

P.s. Once again, I know that BB10 is app lacking and generally speaking HTML 5 Web Apps will NEVER replace apps. There that should cover me again
    There is a lot of unrealistic or unreasonable belief, on both sides of any BB10 question, here on CB. HTML5 is not appropriate for many applications, but for many others it is perfect. Google maps for example works very well as an HTML5 application. I know because I integrated it into one of my applications. That was one of the easiest things I did with that application but is one of the most praised features.

As a professional developer it would be unethical of me not to recommend using a web application when appropriate. Web applications can be updated for everyone everywhere by just upgrading the server code. You don't have to get them into any app stores or worry about compatibility other than HTML5. But if you do want the app store presence, or your corporate logo on home screens it is easy enough to write an application that uses a WebView to render the site. Which sounds like what PayPal did.

You can also write a web application for a domain where it is inappropriate, but if you do that you would probably write a crappy native application too.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    brookie229 and brian4591 like this.
    07-17-16 05:59 PM
    Works good

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 09:48 PM
    How come someone's email and password comes up when I click on that link?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 10:10 PM
    How come someone's email and password comes up when I click on that link?

Posted via CB10
    Dunno, it sends me to BlackBerry World.
    07-17-16 10:13 PM
    Try BBM

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 12:22 AM
    Is there anyway to a Paypal application for BB10 devices? I have got a passport at the moment. With Whatsapp declaring its end of days with BlackBerry, would it be too much to ask the developers to make a Paypal application for BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    I downloaded mine from 1Mobile Market. Works like a champ.

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    07-18-16 01:17 PM
    BBX is BlackBerry 10, using the Roman Numeral (X) for 10.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    07-18-16 01:37 PM
    I downloaded mine from 1Mobile Market. Works like a champ.

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    I am not suggesting that you should NOT use the PayPal app from that site but I would be very careful with apps from there if I were you. Personally I would not take the chance. Try the mobile site, if you don't like it then use the app--no big deal.
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-18-16 02:10 PM
    When I had my Z10, I suffered using the PayPal desktop website, at the time, there was no mobile site that functioned properly. I still use it over the app at times now, but I can't tell you how many times I've saved time by just popping open the app and sending money quickly.
    07-18-16 02:29 PM
    You can download the paypal android version from Google play that works correctly

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 08:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried installing Cobalt?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-18-16 09:40 PM