Hey you all,

I'd pay to buy things from BlackBerry. What I want from my first BlackBerry purchase is more complete and drill down -able information. There is a PDF on the web that is named User Manual. It's fluffy and cryptic.

Less than ten years ago I made a conscious decision to go all-Apple and pay their prices. Over the years I bought one of everything or so it seemed. I Never bought an iPhone btw. But what I loved for many years was the numbskull-simple Genius bar where I could glean (sometimes) advanced tips too. But their people never make you justify your dumb questions or play with you to imply you might have been able to find more information first through Web searching before finally asking your question. They give numb skull simple tutorials that are like reviews to refresh what you might already know a bit about. Ultimately they get you to USE THEIR FEATURES more and more.

Now I made a conscious decision to go BlackBerry 10. Please give me tutorials and overviews and the ability to drill down to an advanced level at any time. THEN i shall buy and buy and buy. After all, it's not a money problem it's a desire problem. Be nice enough to help me out when I'm not the top of the class. Btw I've often been the top of the class but it won't be the case here in this forum this year because I'm not adept with recent smartphones. I never got an Android + i never got an iPhone.
    05-16-13 08:05 PM
    Sounds good to me!
    05-26-13 09:16 PM
    The only way to learn about BlackBerry OS 10 is to use it and that includes exploring the Settings options on your own time and as necessary. Best of luck.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    05-26-13 11:54 PM
    yes a topic based guide sort of a thing would be nice...
    05-27-13 12:52 AM
    The only way to learn about BlackBerry OS 10 is to use it and that includes exploring the Settings options on your own time and as necessary. Best of luck.
    I could have written a lot about the Settings and the terms used, that are occasionally cryptic.

Thank you for mentioning Settings. Also, it is so true that one gets comfortable after exploring options.

I told a friend recently that many of the hassles with BlackBerry 10 were in fact features that one must learn to respect and not resist. Like the fact that in order to send a new email to someone who's not in my Contacts but with whom I've exchanged email, I must first search then find the old email then long press that person s' blue email label (or something) and then accept the pop up option to send them an email. Silly me, I thought that BlackBerry 10 might memorize email addresses of Anyone with whom I've exchanged messages already, like the way it works on Gmail.

Before learning about this feature, I was stymied. After searching inside my phone hunting thru Settings I ended up nowhere the wiser, so I placed a call -- to a carrier tech support. Silly me, I should know better than to take a half day vacation just to call carrier support. Within a few hours they inform me that "Email memorization " is not a supported feature -- and they say nothing else at all!!!! A couple months later someone in CB posts the Other Way to send someone a new message that I described above: and which I can barely remember, so dumb am I.
    05-27-13 10:42 PM