I have a Q5 with the latest 10.2.1 from wind mobile and I am attempting to set up voice mail for my home phone by using the p and w commands that I used to have on BB7.1

The order is as follows:

Dial number, enter 1 for English, enter mailbox number, enter mailbox password

Whenever I add P or W and attempt to dial the number, it states that the number is not valid. I read that "X" is a work around and it appears to work for the "enter 1 for English" step. Unfortunately I need to make use of more than 1 X, and in some cases I need a longer pause than the X provides. I tried putting multiple X's in a row but this also doesn't appear to work.

It's very odd that p and w do not appear to be supported in BB10. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 12:58 PM
    I can't remember for sure, but I think an exclamation mark (!) is for Wait.

Try that and post back if it works or not!
    04-30-14 01:03 PM
    In phone dialer hold * for P and # for W it will work only that way.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 03:05 PM
    I can't remember for sure, but I think an exclamation mark (!) is for Wait.

Try that and post back if it works or not!
    Good suggestion, unfortunately the Sym button does not work in the phone number field and ALT is enabled permanently.

However, after messing around I found that the button b ("!") enters a p and n (",") enters a w. So in essence you were correct.

Thanks,

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mermonster; 04-30-14 at 03:46 PM.
    04-30-14 03:09 PM
    If you dial a contact with the number "123-456-7890 x123" it will dial the main number and display a extra Dial button once the call connects. When pressed, it will dial 123. I haven't tried putting multiple breaks, but you can give it a shot and see how it behaves.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 03:12 PM
    Good suggestion, unfortunately the Sym button does not work in the phone number field and ALT is enabled permanently.

However, after messing around I found that the button b ("!") enters a p and n (",") enters a w. So in essence you were correct.
    Doing it in the Phone field sort of defeats the purpose of this, as it's temporary and one would assume it could just be manually dialed during the call. (Or did you mean the phone number field in a Contact?)

As the poster above me alluded to, if you go to a Contact or make a new one, you should be able to add these into that Contact's phone numbers.

Oh maybe it's not the same on a Q device. Here's what the keyboard looks like in a Contacts phone field on a Z device:
    Attachment 267017
    04-30-14 06:06 PM
    Does this work in the Q10? When I add either a P or a W to a phone number, the phone app waits for me to 'dial extension'. I thought the P (pause) would pause for a second or 2, and then dial the extension automatically. In my Q10, both act as "wait". Thoughts? Am I doing it wrong?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 07:45 PM