The usual source for downloading a patched APK to allow Uber and Uber Partner (driver) apps to run on BB10 has been MIA for a couple of days.

The result is that we blackberry uber drivers are on the sideline.

If anyone knows of another source for the patched APK, or if someone can post a patched APK for download, please let me know.

I, for one, would be happy to show my appreciation in the form of a "tip" via square cash. At this point, I believe others would do the same.

Tom

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:30 AM
    Just download the app with Cobalt's modified Google Play Store and patch it with GMaps Patcher.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-16-15 10:32 AM
    09-16-15 10:39 AM
    That's my usual source for the updates. Unfortunately, the App required an update on Monday the 14th, and nothing has been posted since Sept 5 (a version that no longer works).

I'll try going the Cobalt route, but I am not supremely confident in my abilities to modify the app on my own.

Thanks,

Tom
    09-16-15 11:32 AM
    OK, Maybe I am missing something on the downloading of the Uber Partner APK.

I have Google play store up on my computer. I have downloaded GMaps Patcher.

But, when I try to download the Uber Partner APK, it asks what device I am installing it on (I have an old android tablet, which it assumes is what I want to install it on) and I can't download to my computer so I can then patch it to work on my Q10.

What am I doing wrong?

Tom
    09-16-15 11:51 AM
    OK, Maybe I am missing something on the downloading of the Uber Partner APK.

I have Google play store up on my computer. I have downloaded GMaps Patcher.

But, when I try to download the Uber Partner APK, it asks what device I am installing it on (I have an old android tablet, which it assumes is what I want to install it on) and I can't download to my computer so I can then patch it to work on my Q10.

What am I doing wrong?

Tom
    You need to install Cobalt's apps to your device.

Start with the first post here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965257

Once you set up the whole environment on your phone, you then need to obtain and patch any apk that requires Google Play Services.

09-16-15 11:53 AM
    09-16-15 11:58 AM
    The Uber app is different from Uber Partner.

I have Uber working on my phone's browser just fine.

I had Uber Partner working until Monday evening when they required an update. In order to have the app working previously, I had installed patched versions of Google play services, Google Play Store and Google Maps working on the phone.

I believe I just need a patched Uber Partner app to be back in business.

If Google Play store won't let me download the app to my computer, do I download it to my phone, hook my phone up to my computer, locate the file, then run it through GMaps Patcher?
    09-16-15 12:15 PM
    If Google Play store won't let me download the app to my computer, do I download it to my phone, hook my phone up to my computer, locate the file, then run it through GMaps Patcher?
    You got it.

09-16-15 12:25 PM
    OK, I installed GMAPS Patcher and downloaded the APK from Google play store.

Now I am getting this error when I try to analyze the APK: Java.exe could not be found. Please configure the Java path in options menu or install Java 7 Runtime Environment.

I downloaded the lastest version of Java, but I am still getting this message. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tom
    09-16-15 01:44 PM
    OK, I installed GMAPS Patcher and downloaded the APK from Google play store.

Now I am getting this error when I try to analyze the APK: Java.exe could not be found. Please configure the Java path in options menu or install Java 7 Runtime Environment.

I downloaded the lastest version of Java, but I am still getting this message. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tom
    You probably only have the 64bit version of Java installed. You should install both the 32 and 64bit versions.

09-16-15 02:56 PM
    Thanks. I will give it a shot.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 03:29 PM
    OK, I am going through this yet again since Uber updates their apps every 2 weeks or so.

Problem I am currently having: I have downloaded the APK for Uber Partner from Google Play Store. I am running it through GMaps Patcher, and everything seems to be running fine... In fact, it says that the patching is successful, but... when I go back to the output file, I can't find the patched file.

Where could it have gone?

Thanks,

Tom
    10-27-15 03:16 PM