Hello Everyone !

First of all, i'm a very new user of blackberry (z30) which is a really good device except for the screen colors / pixels density.

Here is my question, so far i have sucessfully installed :

* Google play service
    * Google play store
    *Google settings
    *Google+ whitelist
    *Blackberry google ID
    *Lucky patcher.
    *Google maps

Everything is working perfectly well, except for google maps which can not trigger my location, it works fine and i could even log into my google accounts (for my offline maps / saved location).

Whathever i do, it just does not pickup my location, i have already enabled the location service + went to enable / check it into the android settings via Ghost commander.

Does anyone has a clue here, am i messing something, should we install a few more android services to help google maps communicating with the 3g / GPS ship into the z30 ?

(OS is updated to Blackberry 10.30.2.2474)

Thanks everyone !
    10-02-15 03:11 AM
    Did you attempt to patch Google Maps with Cobalt's tools? Google Maps should not be patched. Just install the apk file directly and it should work fine. I'm running the latest version as we speak.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 03:40 AM
    Hi,
    If i install an unpatched version it keeps asking me to download google play service when i click on the "location" button...

(i patched it with GMAPS i think)

Which version did you installed, do you have the APK somewhere ?

Thanks
    10-02-15 03:52 AM
    All right, small update !

I reinstalled an unpatched version of google maps via 1to1Market and it works, my location is working but i can't login to my google account, so basically :

1) Patched version : Location not working but google account logged in (can access to saved maps / location)
    2) Unpatched version : Location working but can't sign into google account.

Does anyone knows how we can get the perfect version, with both location and google account working !?

Thanks
    10-03-15 12:44 AM
    All right, small update !

I reinstalled an unpatched version of google maps via 1to1Market and it works, my location is working but i can't login to my google account, so basically :

1) Patched version : Location not working but google account logged in (can access to saved maps / location)
    2) Unpatched version : Location working but can't sign into google account.

Does anyone knows how we can get the perfect version, with both location and google account working !?

Thanks
    hi there
    did you find a solution
    i happen to have the same problem and it's really annoying..
    cheers!
    10-25-15 03:20 AM
    Hi,

Unfortunately not yet.

But i still hope that someone in this forum will pop up with one
    10-25-15 04:06 AM
    I installed this on my Z30 and it was working perfectly fine, it would find my location down to the right address and was logged in to Google account, i had no problem navigating and location services.

When I changed my password on my Google account and then I had to change the password on the google services as well and Google ID. funny thing, location stopped working. the only way I can kick start this thing to locate me is if I'm moving driving and I enter the address the i want to go and then after 5-10 seconds it picks up my location. From there it locates me all the time, but once I leave the app, the process has to be started up again. it won't find my location from standing still, I have to keep moving and after 5-10 seconds it picks up my location. Before that it would pick it up no problem even sitting still. No big deal, but it works for me so far.

PS: I have the upatched version sitting in whitelist and the the patched version installed. Working find so far except for the fact location can only done by moving not sitting still. But after it does, it will pick up my stand still location if I don't close the app.
    11-02-15 01:12 PM
    Hi,

Unfortunately not yet.

But i still hope that someone in this forum will pop up with one
    Same issue here with my passport, is this issue resolved?
    12-01-15 12:16 AM
    Yep I have the same problem from some time, if Google Maps can't find your position try to start BlackBerry Maps and then check for fix in GMaps.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 02:50 AM