I am on 10.3.1.

In Password Keeper, I had noticed that previously the Cloud Sync slider was disabled.
    But looks like some recent update has it enabled.

So I presume that my passwords are being synced to the cloud.

But in case I wish to access those passwords from my PC, is a corresponding application available? I am unable to locate any specifics.

Thanks
    12-09-14 07:52 AM
    I am on 10.3.1.

In Password Keeper, I had noticed that previously the Cloud Sync slider was disabled.

But in case I wish to access those passwords from my PC, is a corresponding application available? I am unable to locate any specifics.

Thanks
    Probably the BB Protect servers that sync/cloud backup other info like BBM contacts. Doubt they'd be available through any other solution than native BB or a solution from BB.
    12-09-14 09:25 AM
    I am on 10.3.1.

Thanks
    Password Keeper logs are only accessible from a BlackBerry device.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    12-09-14 03:23 PM
    Why does BB presume that the passwords shall be only entered from a BB device! Its high time that a native app is provided for PC based access.
    Q10Bold and mas_quemex like this.
    12-10-14 03:43 AM
    Call me a crazy paranoid nut, but I'm of the mindset that putting any sensitive data on a cloud service is an unnecessary risk. There are other options.
    12-10-14 08:06 AM
    basically, I have never used password keeper.

can anyone explain me how it works?

What I used - was native browser which remembers my passwords.
    Password keeper screen asks me to enter the website, login, password.

can I do the above like automated process - when I log in to service - it captures the password and saves it?
    Or how to use the pass keeper later? Should I open the app, select the site, copy credentials, switch to browser, paste?

if I will wipe the device - will it re-sync later?

those questions, even if they are stupid - bothers me.

thanks for answers.
    12-10-14 08:15 AM
    Why does BB presume that the passwords shall be only entered from a BB device! Its high time that a native app is provided for PC based access.
    And this is the reason I do not use it myself. Enpass is my choice of PW keeper. I'd even be happy with having the app contained directly within BB Link requiring the BB to connected via USB.
    12-10-14 08:18 AM
    Not anymore. Before password keeper was baked into the os tho I presume it was sitting on the cloud so when you were wiping the phone you could have it back from the server. Now it is not baked into the os and not sitting on the server anymore so if you wipe you loose everything. You have to redo it all over. Unless if something has changed

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 08:22 AM
    I don't trust the browser to keep the secret of my passwords so I use the keeper

Posted via CB10
    GSM-S likes this.
    12-10-14 08:25 AM
    I use KeePass 1 its open source.
    12-10-14 08:39 AM
    To me it is important to know that my critical data is safe.

Only accessing my critical passwords on my BB device is critical for "a piece of mind" that its not floating around and potentially accessible by anyone with a internet connection.

Password keeper is solid and i wouldn't want it changed like Enpass. Although I think Enpass is a great product, it is not for me. I'm glad it is there for people with less sensitive information.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    02-06-15 02:23 PM
    Not anymore. Before password keeper was baked into the os tho I presume it was sitting on the cloud so when you were wiping the phone you could have it back from the server. Now it is not baked into the os and not sitting on the server anymore so if you wipe you loose everything. You have to redo it all over. Unless if something has changed

Posted via CB10
    It's baked into the OS 10.3.1 yes and it's basically tied to your BlackBerry ID once set up is completed and same password entered of course. Just do a cloud sync to restore all passwords after device wipe or switch. I do understand the security concerns of having sensitive information like banking passwords etc stored on a cloud service however and I do share same. For my banking app password I just store that in my head lol.

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    02-06-15 04:57 PM
    Any body having cloud syncing issues recently?
    I can't sync or backup or restore my password keeper as of yesterday.
    02-16-15 02:08 PM
    oh..not good...maybe a glitch somewhere
    02-16-15 05:48 PM
    It's baked into the OS 10.3.1 yes and it's basically tied to your BlackBerry ID once set up is completed and same password entered of course. Just do a cloud sync to restore all passwords after device wipe or switch. I do understand the security concerns of having sensitive information like banking passwords etc stored on a cloud service however and I do share same. For my banking app password I just store that in my head lol.

Posted via CB10

I think you may be right...I have the 10.3.1..I did not get it back but when I set up a new one I had the possibilty to retrieve from a password keeper back up..which was sweet
    02-16-15 05:51 PM
    oh..not good...maybe a glitch somewhere
    Yeah it has been acting up for the past 2 days and now, it decided not to sync and go into an endless loop of attempts. Only way to stop it was delete it and now I can't get my data from the cloud.
    Pasword Keeper - How to access the cloud synced passwords?-img_20150215_175938.jpg
    02-16-15 05:56 PM
    Yeah it has been acting up for the past 2 days and now, it decided not to sync and go into an endless loop of attempts. Only way to stop it was delete it and now I can't get my data from the cloud.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150215_175938.jpg 
Views:	778 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	334044

you have 10.3.1?????
    02-16-15 06:22 PM
    you have 10.3.1?????
    Pasword Keeper - How to access the cloud synced passwords?-img_20150216_175607.png

Sorry, wrong file. Yeah I have the latest 10.3.1.2267
    02-16-15 06:44 PM

Name:	IMG_20150216_175607.png 
Views:	516 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	334050

Sorry, wrong file. Yeah I have the latest 10.3.1.2267

good, you should be able to get everything back
    02-16-15 06:46 PM

Name:	IMG_20150215_175938.jpg 
Views:	778 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	334044
    One of the reasons I also keep an encrypted version on my SD card.

Stewartj1 likes this.
    02-16-15 06:48 PM
    They could easily build a web client that decodes browser side via a Javascript client lib. This is exactly what services like lastpass do. Hence the "cloud" stores only the encrypted data on users behalf.

Frankly speaking if you don't want the single point of failure, move away from BlackBerry Password Keeper. You can at least now export to csv etc and import into another multi platform and multi interface solution out there now.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 07:44 PM
    They could easily build a web client that decodes browser side via a Javascript client lib. This is exactly what services like lastpass do. Hence the "cloud" stores only the encrypted data on users behalf.

Frankly speaking if you don't want the single point of failure, move away from BlackBerry Password Keeper. You can at least now export to csv etc and import into another multi platform and multi interface solution out there now.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I'm trying to load my OS again Sachesi method then see if that would fix the problem I'm having...after I make a backup. My guess is after the lastest updated my OS has been acting wonky a bit.
    02-16-15 08:54 PM
    I'm waiting for that app to be fully baked into the os as I've forgotten my password on my very last attempt before everything gets wiped *sigh* just using the same pw for my BlackBerry id will be a welcomed addition

@ZEDTROSPEKTIV Via BlackBerry Passport, previous Z10, Bold 9790, Bold 9700, Curve 3G, Curve 8250 (1st BB)
    02-17-15 04:32 AM
    Today, I am having a problem with sync to the cloud. The sync fails and gives popup message, "1 record didn't sync." I click OK and I enter my Password Keeper password. Then PK starts sync to cloud on its own. The sync fails each time. While in this condition, PK does not allow me to see my saved passwords nor allow me to try to correct the issue. IMHO, such design is flawed. I will try to sync later. Hopefully, it will work.
    Password Keeper ver. 10.3.1.41
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267
    Last edited by eywong; 02-25-15 at 04:33 PM.
    02-25-15 12:43 PM
    One of the reasons I also keep an encrypted version on my SD card.

Yep, me too. Belt and suspenders.

Z10 via CB10
    02-25-15 12:54 PM
30 12