Honestly, I feel like I've done plenty of pasting and have never really had an issue. Sure, it's no mouse and keyboard, but I've had it so much worse that this is almost pleasant.

I was just trying to reproduce your issue and it seems that if you have the selection circle thingy up and long press in the middle of it it will not select the text but will give you the paste/select/select all options. Honestly though, if I have copied text the little Paste option shows up on it's own almost every single time I move the curser and if it doesn't a single tap usually provokes it.
    The key to reproduce is pasting something TWICE. BB10 knows to show the paste menu quickly after a copy, but once you paste it won't do the same till you copy again, then you're stuck doing this long hold dance where the icon won't appear until after you RELEASE your finger so you have no clue exactly how long to long press for.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 08:44 PM
    I have a Q10, they should make the right shift button open a "context" menu, ie: the copy/select/paste menu and also activate the cursor mover thingy. I would get so fast with that ability... no long hold press / wait B.S.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 08:47 PM
    I have a Q10, they should make the right shift button open a "context" menu, ie: the copy/select/paste menu and also activate the cursor mover thingy. I would get so fast with that ability... no long hold press / wait B.S.

Posted via CB10
    I would welcome any key combination at this point to make copying and pasting easier.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 09:00 PM
    The key to reproduce is pasting something TWICE. BB10 knows to show the paste menu quickly after a copy, but once you paste it won't do the same till you copy again, then you're stuck doing this long hold dance where the icon won't appear until after you RELEASE your finger so you have no clue exactly how long to long press for.

Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking there must be something wrong with your phone. What OS are you on?

On my z10 I can copy once and paste the same thing as many times as I wish. The paste button always shows up after a short tap....
    03-28-15 03:13 AM
    I'm thinking there must be something wrong with your phone. What OS are you on?

On my z10 I can copy once and paste the same thing as many times as I wish. The paste button always shows up after a short tap....
    10.3.1.1779, nothing wrong with my phone, my issue is when you click where you want to paste, the first the paste menu appears instantly, then when you click somewhere else it does NOT appear... but as someone has suggested the key is to tap to move the cursor, then long hold in the middle of the cursor circle thingy... takes longer than it should, but i'm getting by now.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 03:19 AM
    I've had an issue where on some Web pages I have been unable to paste. Hopefully it will fix in future updates

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    03-28-15 06:00 PM
    what I not fully understand is the purpose of this magnifying glass ... can it be disabled in settings ?
    03-30-15 04:22 PM
    Pasting is a joke on BB10? OP try pasting on an iPhone or some androids.
    I have an HTC M8 and was a former iPhone 5 and 6 user. Much easier on the BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    03-30-15 04:52 PM
    I've had the same nightmare with copying/ pasting on my Passport, it does seem to take quite a bit of practise to do the 'double tap' on the keyboard to get the highlighter cursor up and direct it around accurately to where you need it.

<3 my Passport
    03-31-15 07:33 AM
    Pasting is a joke on BB10? OP try pasting on an iPhone or some androids.
    I have an HTC M8 and was a former iPhone 5 and 6 user. Much easier on the BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Or a Windows 8.1 tablet...the poster child for copy and paste frustration...
    03-31-15 07:34 AM
    I've had the same nightmare with copying/ pasting on my Passport, it does seem to take quite a bit of practise to do the 'double tap' on the keyboard to get the highlighter cursor up and direct it around accurately to where you need it.

<3 my Passport
    There's a few different ways of copying and pasting with the Passport. I do agree it takes some getting used to but it is no where as difficult as the OP is trying to make it out to be. Once you're used to it, it is one of the easiest seamless features to use.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 07:50 AM
    There's a few different ways of copying and pasting with the Passport. I do agree it takes some getting used to but it is no where as difficult as the OP is trying to make it out to be. Once you're used to it, it is one of the easiest seamless features to use.

Posted via CB10
    That may be the case with Passport, but the previous devices do not have that awesome keyboard. Again, I don't see a point in attacking BlackBerry or saying this OS is utter crap (for I have tried pasting on a Nokia Lumia with 8.1 and it is quite frustrating to say the least).
    What I was previously suggesting is a keyboard shortcut (for those with a full-touch screen device) or a combination of keys (for those with a physical keyboard) to make copying and pasting easier; at least give other options to do the same thing. I think even Passport users would welcome such a thing (as an example, pressing alt+shift and the letter "c" or "p")

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 08:16 AM
    One thing that annoys me about pasting, Is phone numbers being pasted into the phone app.
    It's horrible, almost impossible in 10.3.1, you can't get the cursor to delete a part of a number, you have to delete the whole thing to paste in between or you have type in numbers manually.

Other than that the paste functionality works well.
    BOOM! I couldn't believe it. Pasting in that phone app almost made me cry in disbelief.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 08:19 AM
    Damn it I don't know what the hell everyone is talking about!!! I just want to randomly say I love my BlackBerry Passport, just ordered the leather flex case!!!

Posted by Jzamalot
    03-31-15 02:38 PM
    As soon as you tap somewhere and you have something in the clipboard the paste popup will be seen.
    If not tap the blue cursor (selector).

Every try on iPhone or Android?. Their keyboards drive me nuts although lollipop improved it somewhat
    04-01-15 07:33 PM
    Kinda hope the slider has a track pad because of this. Cutting and pasting was so much easier on the 9810.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2708 / T-Mobile USA
    04-01-15 08:38 PM
    That may be the case with Passport, but the previous devices do not have that awesome keyboard. Again, I don't see a point in attacking BlackBerry or saying this OS is utter crap (for I have tried pasting on a Nokia Lumia with 8.1 and it is quite frustrating to say the least).
    What I was previously suggesting is a keyboard shortcut (for those with a full-touch screen device) or a combination of keys (for those with a physical keyboard) to make copying and pasting easier; at least give other options to do the same thing. I think even Passport users would welcome such a thing (as an example, pressing alt+shift and the letter "c" or "p")

Posted via CB10
    I love the alt+shift combo, I can do it easily with one thumb.

Right shift+sym would be a good one... or just have a setting to allow the user to make the right shift an additional "func" key... who uses right shift anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 01:14 AM
    Once you get your cursor to the right place press and hold in the center of the circle before it disappears. The paste icon should come up, with out highlighting the word.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    I cant say THANK YOU enough. I had the same issue as OP, but I always knew that I'm not doing it right, so my bad.
    I have hated that circle and couldn't understand its purpose.

Posted via CB10
    christausky likes this.
    04-02-15 03:22 AM
    No issues here.

Seems intuitive to me!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 05:20 AM
    So you copy something, then go to paste it, all good, seems great. Now try to paste it in between some words you have typed without re-copying, so you press and hold in between the words you want to paste, but BB10 highlights a whole word, you don't want to paste OVER TOP of that word, so you need to move the cursor, so you press but don't hold, and the cursor moves, awesome, but where is the paste icon? It disappeared, now you have to long hold and cross your fingers.

Blackberry, whenever that text select / cursor move icon cursor is visible the paste icon should be close by!

Posted via CB10
    I share your frustration, sometimes the paste prompt won't come up.

This happens when I'm copying text from an app to a BBMC post. I tap the text area and the keyboard comes up, I retap and it goes away, and then that cycle continues as I try to paste a single word.

Double tapping and tap hold doesn't bring the prompt up, I have to move the highlight ends to an empty space and then tap and paste from there. The copy paste wasn't as frustrating with previous builds.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    04-16-15 10:53 PM
45 12