So you copy something, then go to paste it, all good, seems great. Now try to paste it in between some words you have typed without re-copying, so you press and hold in between the words you want to paste, but BB10 highlights a whole word, you don't want to paste OVER TOP of that word, so you need to move the cursor, so you press but don't hold, and the cursor moves, awesome, but where is the paste icon? It disappeared, now you have to long hold and cross your fingers.

Blackberry, whenever that text select / cursor move icon cursor is visible the paste icon should be close by!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 03:07 PM
    Move cursor to location of interest, press space bar...paste copied item and press back space as necessary..

Job done

Doesn't require a rant

Posted via CB10
    der_mit, Genghis2k3, web99 and 9 others like this.
    03-25-15 03:11 PM
    Have you tried this on an iphone?
    03-25-15 03:16 PM
    I don't know why, but it works so well for me.
    Pasting is a joke in BB10-img_20150325_211746.png
    03-25-15 03:18 PM
    Copying and pasting on a Passport is a breeze as i'm sure the Classic is

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 03:18 PM
    Ya. I don't tap and hold where I want to paste. I tap the area and the vertical line appears, then I tap again and the option to paste appears. There is no highlighting of any words to be replaced for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 03:19 PM
    So you copy something, then go to paste it, all good, seems great. Now try to paste it in between some words you have typed without re-copying, so you press and hold in between the words you want to paste, but BB10 highlights a whole word, you don't want to paste OVER TOP of that word, so you need to move the cursor, so you press but don't hold, and the cursor moves, awesome, but where is the paste icon? It disappeared, now you have to long hold and cross your fingers.

Blackberry, whenever that text select / cursor move icon cursor is visible the paste icon should be close by!

Posted via CB10
    I know exactly what your talking about. It's ******* horrible. It's the worst when ever pasting things Into browser forms.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 04:04 PM
    Or just hold shift after placing your cursor and then release.
    03-25-15 04:16 PM
    For me the paste icon isn't show always... I'm using a passport but when you use the touchscreen it's really tricky.. okay it's better then in older OS releases but not really comfortable.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    gemoelle likes this.
    03-25-15 04:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    I suggest you just keep exploring the basic functions of copy paste in BB10 before ranting. The way you want to do it is there just keep exploring. Took my 3 year old all 10 seconds to figure out. Come on now....
    der_mit likes this.
    03-25-15 04:30 PM
    It works, except that it keeps pasting the wrong thing.

Posted via CB10
    drfever and Homesmontreal like this.
    03-25-15 05:16 PM
    I suggest you just keep exploring the basic functions of copy paste in BB10 before ranting. The way you want to do it is there just keep exploring. Took my 3 year old all 10 seconds to figure out. Come on now....
    Don't make me laugh, I've been using my Q10 since it came out to write over 5,000 emails, business quality, and copy/pasting in almost everything I do. Basic copy/paste is easy, but as soon as you don't follow BB's expected flow it goes sour quickly.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 06:07 PM
    Once you get your cursor to the right place press and hold in the center of the circle before it disappears. The paste icon should come up, with out highlighting the word.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    03-25-15 06:13 PM
    Honestly, I feel like I've done plenty of pasting and have never really had an issue. Sure, it's no mouse and keyboard, but I've had it so much worse that this is almost pleasant.

I was just trying to reproduce your issue and it seems that if you have the selection circle thingy up and long press in the middle of it it will not select the text but will give you the paste/select/select all options. Honestly though, if I have copied text the little Paste option shows up on it's own almost every single time I move the curser and if it doesn't a single tap usually provokes it.
    aventurine likes this.
    03-25-15 06:45 PM
    BB10 is the most pleasant mobile OS to copy, paste, and manipulate text. I've used them all.

Try to copy/paste on iOS then come back lol.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    03-25-15 06:52 PM
    One thing that annoys me about pasting, Is phone numbers being pasted into the phone app.
    It's horrible, almost impossible in 10.3.1, you can't get the cursor to delete a part of a number, you have to delete the whole thing to paste in between or you have type in numbers manually.

Other than that the paste functionality works well.
    03-25-15 07:02 PM
    i agree 100%%%%%...

on my z30, lets say you copy a phone number, then you want to write "Lookup..." and then trying to paste that phone number is IMPOSSIBLE!!! after you write something then hold your finger, it will highlight "lookup" and if i paste, it'll delete the word.. so yes, you cannot paste anything after you write something.
    03-25-15 08:11 PM
    Move cursor to location of interest, press space bar...paste copied item and press back space as necessary..

Job done

Doesn't require a rant

Posted via CB10
    Good to know about the space bar ! Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 08:21 PM
    works for me
    03-25-15 09:36 PM
    Works for me too. Even better with 10.3.1.

Pasting is a joke in BB10-img_20150325_214049.png

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 09:41 PM
    Don't make me laugh, I've been using my Q10 since it came out to write over 5,000 emails, business quality, and copy/pasting in almost everything I do. Basic copy/paste is easy, but as soon as you don't follow BB's expected flow it goes sour quickly.

Posted via CB10
    So you've written 5000 mails and you say you still didn't figure out that to do "paste" you just need to tap in between words so "paste" button comes up rather than "press and hold" that you do?
    That's what you call long learning curve I suppose...
    03-26-15 03:46 AM
    As are some rants in CrackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 04:13 AM
    One thing that annoys me about pasting, Is phone numbers being pasted into the phone app.
    It's horrible, almost impossible in 10.3.1, you can't get the cursor to delete a part of a number, you have to delete the whole thing to paste in between or you have type in numbers manually.

Other than that the paste functionality works well.
    Yep, this is a known issue. I'm sure it will be fixed soon (maybe 10.3.2?), until then we just have to get really good at memorizing phone numbers!
    03-26-15 10:00 AM
    I don't have a problem with pasting, though there are times when touching it would only make the cursor jump a line. Not sure if there is anything for pkb devices, so anyone can correcting me on this, but wouldn't it be better if copy/paste could be assigned to a combination? (for instance, alt + shift + c/p)

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 11:30 AM
    I find I can't paste on a new line. I have to paste on the end of a line then insert a linefeed.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:35 PM
45 12