Hi there,

I had some difficulty with the 10.3,0.1 update until I wiped and loaded everything from scratch. After that it worked well with what seemed to be no issues. I saw that a Password Keeper (pk) could reload passwords from a backup.

So I have done pretty much every combination of restoring ok. I did a restore with only selecting the pk data. I did this with ok installed and deleted. I restored, rebooted, reloaded pk etc and still no data. The data never shows up and I don't have luck with the import function in pk. Where does that data go? I read that it should just automatically use it but that doesn't seem to be the case.

If using the import function do I point it to the blackberry backup file? (Ie the ones the end with "bbb"? When I select "import location" it seems I can't point to the file, only show it directories and en it doesn't let me do anything else (like it doesn't find the file.) I have tried with the file on the SD car or on the device memory.

I'm sure I am missing something obvious (as I often do that!) so any suggestions would be greatly appreciate!

..Tom
    03-15-15 02:19 PM
    Try deleting the Password Keeper app,
    restoring the data file from your backup, and reinstalling Password Keeper from BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 02:42 PM
    That's one of the things I tried (several times.)

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 04:57 PM
    You have two options that I know of with PK

Cloud
    Independent backup in the form of a PK export file.

I used the cloud option and found it worked really well.

The export option exports a database to a place of your choosing. This is the file you would select when you want to import.

emPowered by 
    03-15-15 05:01 PM
    You have two options that I know of with PK

Cloud
    Independent backup in the form of a PK export file.

I used the cloud option and found it worked really well.

The export option exports a database to a place of your choosing. This is the file you would select when you want to import.

emPowered by 
    The only backup(s) I have are regular Blackberry backups done before 10.3.1 and none specific to PK.

..Tom
    03-15-15 08:14 PM
    You have to export your passwords within the password keeper app itself first, to a file location of your own choosing, if you expect to import them back after a wipe and reload. I'm afraid they're forever lost now, if that's something you've not done previously. Sorry.

Via my simply amazing  Q10 10.3.1.2558
    03-15-15 09:49 PM
    Crap

If I wiped my Q10 and restored with the backup would that bring back the passwords?

..Tom

Posted via CB10
    alimin likes this.
    03-15-15 11:26 PM
    What you may want to do is restore to before the update. Export your database to your media card. Then update and import the database.

emPowered by 
    03-15-15 11:29 PM
    Crap

If I wiped my Q10 and restored with the backup would that bring back the passwords?

..Tom

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, I'm not sure. I really don't think so. Password Keeper is a standalone app. So I don't think Link backs it up as it does the other core apps such as contacts, calendar, texts, etc. And worse yet, if by any chance you selected the option to encrypt the data, it's definitely inaccessible now.

Via my simply amazing  Q10 10.3.1.2558
    03-15-15 11:36 PM
    I backed up my z10 with Link, wiped the z10, deleted Password Keeper, restored my z10 from the Link backup, reinstalled Password Keeper. All my Password Keeper entries were back as before.

So Link does backup Password Keeper unless you specifically excluded it in a custom backup.

Unfortunately, the delete- restore - reinstall method does not work for OP.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 11:55 PM