My passport was stolen and I had my BlackBerry ID set on that phone.
    I have purchased a new Passport and set a new BlackBerry ID for my new phone.
    I am hoping that my stolen phone will be found using Blackberry Protect, that's why I didn't set my old Blackberry ID on the new phone.

However, I have many passwords saved and synced in my old Password Keeper. That's why I need to set up my new phone with my old Blackberry ID. Right?

Now, will I loose the ability to track the stolen phone on protect.blackberry.com if I use the old Blackberry on the new phone?

Please only if you are sure about your answer, reply to my question.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-18 09:30 AM
    Protect works based on device PINS, you can have multiple devices under your BBID.

How are you wanting to "sync" Password Keeper... to a BB LINK backup file?
    07-17-18 10:32 AM
    Thanks.
    As far as I understand from Password Keeper Help, if you set your old BB ID on your new device and set the password of your new Password Keeper the same as your old Password Keeper, the content of your old Password Keeper will be loaded on your new Password Keeper. ( Provided that cloud sync had been active on your old Password Keeper)

Posted via CB10
    07-17-18 10:58 AM
    I just tried to set my old BB ID on the new device, same as the stolen device. It says this BB ID is in use and I can not set it here!

Any idea now?

On Passport
    07-17-18 11:18 AM
    Um....why wouldn't you just map your device's location on protect.blackberry.com and provide that to law enforcement? Or lock the phone, or flag it as stolen? If you do either of the latter two your passwords would be protected, not to mention your other data.

If you set a new Blackberry ID already for your new Passport, you may have to disable Protect/wipe the new one to enter your old ID. But you can have multiple devices under the same ID, so the fact that your old device is stolen would not be affecting your ability to use the new one.
    07-17-18 10:03 PM
    Did you have a device password enabled on your old phone? I had my Q10 die on me. I bought a Z10 activated my old BB ID on the new phone. I then opened up password keeper and entered the same old password I had for the password keeper. It connected and synced with the cloud service and all my information was there. I am not sure why it wouldn't work for you.

I am just wondering if your old phone is turned on and it is not allowing more than one phone to use the ID.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-18 10:04 PM