For the last couple days I have not been able to get my Passport to connect to my local gym's WIFI network. This causes me to accumulate a lot of data usage and I have never had an issue with WIFI I could not resolve but this is different. I am presented with a login page but the address bar is grayed out and I can not click in the field to access it. There is literally nothing I can do other then look in the advanced settings but there does not seem to be anything I know to change. I fear I may have to ask to speak to the IT guy, when or if he ever comes to that location again.

Has anyone had this issue on BB10?

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-23-20 at 07:43 PM.
    01-23-20 07:22 PM
    This is the useless login page I am brought to and nothing ever happens.

Passport won't connect to gym's WIFI-img_20200123_140954.jpg
    01-23-20 07:24 PM
    I'm bringing my Passport to the gym tomorrow, to show and speak to the manager to see if she can put me in touch with the IT guy there. I can sometimes be annoyingly persistent.

01-23-20 10:11 PM
    I'm bringing my Passport to the gym tomorrow, to show and speak to the manager to see if she can put me in touch with the IT guy there. I can sometimes be annoyingly persistent.

If only you were as dedicated to exercise as Passport just imagine the possibilities
    saint300 and ppeters914 like this.
    01-23-20 10:14 PM

You haven't mentioned a reboot... you tried that I'm guessing? Is this a saved Wi-Fi network? If so maybe try deleting it and re-adding?
    01-23-20 10:15 PM
    You haven't mentioned a reboot... you tried that I'm guessing? Is this a saved Wi-Fi network? If so maybe try deleting it and re-adding?
    Did both. No luck at all. I've not seen this where I can't do anything to get it connected. I'm guessing they have something funky going on with their WIFI. If I get to the bottom of this I'll give ya a shout back.
    Wish me luck

01-23-20 10:20 PM
    Maybe they changed something on their end which is not compatible with a 5 year old OS?
    01-23-20 11:09 PM
    @PwrSurge
    Just wondering what your thoughts are on my issue. If I change my search engine to Bing in system browser before connecting do you think it might work? I did some reading on the Web and it said that my software may have out of date certificates ?

01-24-20 01:01 AM
    If the hotspot login requires agreeing to tos, you could try opening the login/splash page in something like chromium. Most likely they updated their splash page to include incompatible jabbascript.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-20 10:46 AM
    If the hotspot login requires agreeing to tos, you could try opening the login/splash page in something like chromium. Most likely they updated their splash page to include incompatible jabbascript.

Posted via CB10
    I can't find a way to do that since the address bar is locked. It's grayed out with no access to copy

01-24-20 11:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    And I get the blue lock
    Passport won't connect to gym's WIFI-img_20200124_111413.png
    01-24-20 11:16 AM
    @BronzeBeard
    The only thing I can think of trying is to copy the insanely lengthy address by hand and typing it in manually in another browser. Ugh!

Passport won't connect to gym's WIFI-img_20200124_111835.png
    01-24-20 11:20 AM
    Another option could be you just stop worrying about wi-fi connection at the gym. After all, you are in a gym, so everything else internet related can wait, no?
    01-24-20 11:26 AM
    Another option could be you just stop worrying about wi-fi connection at the gym. After all, you are in a gym, so everything else internet related can wait, no?
    I just got hooked on SoundCloud for workout tunes and it's awesome. I don't just stop cause there's stagnant traffic on that street, I like to find a way around.
    Where would we be if all BB10 fans said that?

01-24-20 11:30 AM
    I just got hooked on SoundCloud for workout tunes and it's awesome. I don't just stop cause there's stagnant traffic on that street, I like to find a way around.
    Where would we be if all BB10 fans said that?

In that case, accept my apology. I thought you needed the wi-fi so that you could browse the internet. That was silly of me, as this never crossed my mind. I am sorry.
    01-24-20 11:37 AM
    In that case, accept my apology. I thought you needed the wi-fi so that you could browse the internet. That was silly of me, as this never crossed my mind. I am sorry.
    Lol no worries
    I guess I should have explained that in the first post as everyone is different with a wide variety of needs and habits

01-24-20 12:11 PM
    So i had another gym member copy the login page and send it to to me. I copied it and pasted into all my browsers and the only one that worked was Fennec but even though it made it through the entire process yet had no effect on the integrated screen I posted in start of thread.
    Was a good try but no lucky-lucky

01-24-20 12:53 PM
    01-24-20 02:40 PM
    Yes if you look closer you will see I was able to help that gentlemen. Unfortunately I am unable to help myself

ppeters914 likes this.
    01-24-20 05:36 PM