Hardware Passport SE SQW 100-4
    OS 10.3.2.2836
    The phone was switched off before leaving Ireland to Prague. It was on Roaming in Ireland. Has a Bahrain sim in it. It had not been switched on in Prague so it was not registered with any network here in prague.
    I was woken to the sound of of it ringing continuously just after midnight. Of course there was no way of answering it as the screen had no icons on it only the name BlackBerry flashing. It rang a second time which confirmed I was not dreaming or sleepwalking. I turned it on, and when the hub was finally ready there were two missed calls from Dubai from the Emirates airline. My daughter was in transit there and the flight was delayed And she ended up missing the flight. I called her mobile and she confirmed that she asked them to call me.
    Is there any emergency feature in the passport that makes it reachable from certain types of landlines or such? Or is it to do with the issue that they can never be fully off as seen with the battery drain when off? I know the old BlackBerry os where never really off.
    It would be interesting if anyone has a similar experience or explanation.
    Sent from BlackBerry Passport SE

Posted via CB10
    08-27-19 06:25 AM
    Hardware Passport SE SQW 100-4
    OS 10.3.2.2836
    The phone was switched off before leaving Ireland to Prague. It was on Roaming in Ireland. Has a Bahrain sim in it. It had not been switched on in Prague so it was not registered with any network here in prague.
    I was woken to the sound of of it ringing continuously just after midnight. Of course there was no way of answering it as the screen had no icons on it only the name BlackBerry flashing. It rang a second time which confirmed I was not dreaming or sleepwalking. I turned it on, and when the hub was finally ready there were two missed calls from Dubai from the Emirates airline. My daughter was in transit there and the flight was delayed And she ended up missing the flight. I called her mobile and she confirmed that she asked them to call me.
    Is there any emergency feature in the passport that makes it reachable from certain types of landlines or such? Or is it to do with the issue that they can never be fully off as seen with the battery drain when off? I know the old BlackBerry os where never really off.
    It would be interesting if anyone has a similar experience or explanation.
    Sent from BlackBerry Passport SE

Posted via CB10
    Your phone wasn't turned off. It cannot be turned on without the power button.
    08-27-19 06:52 AM
    But I did have to turn it on. I pressed the power button and that activated the whole Turning on sequence with the BlackBerry icon and the blue around it that takes so long. Also the fact that I only got the message registering the phone with the local network in prague after that and no previous one in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-19 06:58 AM
    I would be willing to bet phone wasn’t turned off and you basically did a reboot when you thought you powered on.
    08-27-19 07:09 AM
    But I did have to turn it on. I pressed the power button and that activated the whole Turning on sequence with the BlackBerry icon and the blue around it that takes so long. Also the fact that I only got the message registering the phone with the local network in prague after that and no previous one in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I don't know what to say. BB10 does not have a hibernation mode like BBOS - it's on or off.
    08-27-19 07:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hey doc,

When the phone rang just after midnight, what specifically did you see on the screen? Did you have it in Bedside Mode by chance and/or have an automatic screen lock time set?
    08-29-19 03:25 AM
    What I saw was the name Blackberry in the middle of a black screen fading in and out slowly. I tried all kinds of gestures on the screen but no response. It rang a long time then stopped. Then black screen. Then it started ringing again and the same thing again. As I said there were later 2 missed calls registered.
    08-29-19 04:45 AM