Looking for help to set up mail on Passport using Lotus Notes. Company made the switch this week. We can use webmail or the Good app, but IT recommended webmail as the Good app is slow.

The webmail is Lotus iNotes. I tried setting up the account as Microsoft activesync as well as through the Lotus set up. But, no mail is syncing. Any suggestions to push to the hub vs. Good or webmail? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 03:09 PM
    Looking for help to set up mail on Passport using Lotus Notes. Company made the switch this week. We can use webmail or the Good app, but IT recommended webmail as the Good app is slow.

The webmail is Lotus iNotes. I tried setting up the account as Microsoft activesync as well as through the Lotus set up. But, no mail is syncing. Any suggestions to push to the hub vs. Good or webmail? Thanks.
    Try iNotes via the web. I didn't think Good had a BB10 version of their app, so try searching whether the android version of the Good app works on BB10.

I believe that once an EMM solution such as BES or Good are attached to the Notes/Domino server, the EMM solution takes control over the connection to the mobile device. If your company didn't have an EMM solution, then using MS ActiveSync would have been the way to connect.
    11-17-15 06:14 PM
    Your company is using Lotus Notes? Please tell me you are also using WordPerfect and Quattro Pro. If so, the solution to your problem is easy: just remember to replace the set of KT88's in you network switch with the original Russian 6550's. Once you do that and readjust the bias current, you should be all set.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    11-17-15 08:11 PM
    Try iNotes via the web. I didn't think Good had a BB10 version of their app, so try searching whether the android version of the Good app works on BB10.

I believe that once an EMM solution such as BES or Good are attached to the Notes/Domino server, the EMM solution takes control over the connection to the mobile device. If your company didn't have an EMM solution, then using MS ActiveSync would have been the way to connect.
    Can you recommend how I can add this to my email accounts? Using the browser is a pain. I can't figure out the proper settings under advance set up.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 06:27 AM
    Your company is using Lotus Notes? Please tell me you are also using WordPerfect and Quattro Pro. If so, the solution to your problem is easy: just remember to replace the set of KT88's in you network switch with the original Russian 6550's. Once you do that and readjust the bias current, you should be all set.
    A lot of ignorance in your comments. Believe it or not, there a lot of similarities in the Notes/Exchange vs BlackBerry/iPhone-Android battles.
    11-18-15 05:52 PM
    Can you recommend how I can add this to my email accounts? Using the browser is a pain. I can't figure out the proper settings under advance set up.
    I don't think you can set it up as an email account on your Passport because your company uses Good as the EMM solution. As far as I know, Good doesn't support BB10. There were threads about getting the Android Good client working on BB10, but I never followed them to see if people were successful. You may want to check the Enterprise forums here on CB, or just use the search function.

If you're looking for a glimmer of hope, BlackBerry bought Good and hopefully they'll be able to merge the Good services into BES sooner rather than later. Hopefully your company will upgrade to support BB10 if/when they do. Until then, the Notes/Domino email server will probably only allow email/PIM connections through the Good app client, or via iNotes (web).

This isn't a Notes/Domino issue. It's 100% because your company chose to use Good as their EMM solution. It's also one of the reasons BlackBerry had to release an Android phone. If you had a Priv, you should be able to set up an email account with no problems.
    11-18-15 06:13 PM
    A lot of ignorance in your comments. Believe it or not, there a lot of similarities in the Notes/Exchange vs BlackBerry/iPhone-Android battles.
    Yes, just as there is in the Wordperfect/Word battles and the Quattro Pro/Excel battles. And all of those are similar to the vacuum tube/solid state battles, so, in actuality, my comments sought to point out these similarities using humor. Which would have been impossible to do if I were as ignorant as you assume.

Yeah, I know, if you have to explain the joke..

I'm here all week, folks.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    11-18-15 09:59 PM