While I feel bad for the displaced 4500 Employees in Waterloo, BlackBerry's misfortunes are not enough to shake my faith. I have stood by them this long through all sorts of hard times. When people ridiculed me for carrying a BlackBerry when iPhone was at its zenith, I didn't flinch. Hell, even my bank thought I was strange for not owning an iPhone like everyone else. Even if they didn't win the battle, they definitely won the war. They never caved in to becoming another Android tool, and that kind of integrity is what I love. The company is still here, just resizing. And with the Z30 on the way, and my money waiting for it, I think there's still life left in the party. I expect a lot of people to jump ship, but then those were never the customers BlackBerry wanted anyways. Soldier on.

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    09-22-13 06:32 PM
    They are writing off $1 billion in unsold Z10 hardware. What expectation is there that the z30 will even sell 500k units?
    jdhooghe likes this.
    09-22-13 06:44 PM
    i wish i was interested in the z30. looks like a hail mary to me.
    divakar likes this.
    09-22-13 06:44 PM
    They are writing off $1 billion in unsold Z10 hardware. What expectation is there that the z30 will even sell 500k units?
    Lower prices are always attractive.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-22-13 06:45 PM
    The Z30 will only sell if they price it under $100. Heck, $49 on a two year contract will help, and $350 to buy it unlocked. That's how the Z10 should have been priced when it came out.

Posted via my Z10!
    brunolovesbrit and divakar like this.
    09-22-13 06:49 PM
    The Z30 is appealing to the eye. No matter how they set the price the device is too sexy to not buy.
    The Party Isn't Over Yet-1379898364143_607051.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:55 PM
    Ah, Katiepea, you jump from post to post just bringing cheer and joy where ever you go. Just 'cause the word genius appears under your name on crackberry, doesn't make it true. You have your points, you have expressed them over and over on many threads (not stocking just happen to be hitting the same threads recently). So, why not let the OP have his point of view and just move on? Or is it that important to keep your post count up?
    09-23-13 12:08 AM
    Lower prices are always attractive.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    The z10 can be gotten for free and it's still not selling...
    09-23-13 05:00 AM
    As much as I love my Z10, it is a hard sell, especially since the Q10 has a better display with AMOLED (though an inch smaller). AMOLED is better on power, has brighter, deeper colors, and should be a standard for mobile phones. So stack the Z10 against those odds and it becomes less appealing even with the awesome BlackBerry 10 OS. But the Z30, oh boy...that's a nice one. not just the display and size, but stereo speakers and more antennas? I wouldn't buy a Z10 if the Z30 was available either. The Z30, unfortunately, is what the Z10 should have been from launch.

09-23-13 05:07 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Z30 looks awesome!!! Will get one!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 05:27 AM
    Z30 looks awesome!!! Will get one!
    This is the happiest guy on Crackberry
    09-23-13 05:29 AM
    A very good friend of mine seems to pick up a new smart phone all the time. In the last 2 years he had the iPhone, Galaxy 3 THEN the Galaxy 4 and is now looking to the iPhone 6-ish.. my point is, people jump around. Better deal, better, whatever. He told me that, BlackBerry users stay with what works. Mostly the Government types and executives will always be BlackBerry. I tend to agree. I also agree that very few old school BlackBerry users will change to gesture based because, they have neither the time or desire to learn.

I'm a z10-er. Love it and recommend it. The pricing is what really hurt this. Apps or no Apps, it was the $199 on a 3 year that killed the Q10, let's be honest. People waiting out contracts and bad press with sales people disueiding you not, mention kids and they basically cover the BlackBerry to buy (make no mistake, this happens every time I go to view a BlackBerry unless the sales persona either owns one or knows how to use it or, shudder, asks what you use your phone for) or they basically cover the BlackBerry display with a towel.

BlackBerry has made a lot of mistakes and, they were complacent so - here we are.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:22 AM
    They did it too late.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:26 AM
    @OP it wont be 4500 displaced employees.. but 4500 + the cross platform bbm team + IT guys who responsible for the cross platform bbm server.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:43 AM
    Ah, Katiepea, you jump from post to post just bringing cheer and joy where ever you go. Just 'cause the word genius appears under your name on crackberry, doesn't make it true. You have your points, you have expressed them over and over on many threads (not stocking just happen to be hitting the same threads recently). So, why not let the OP have his point of view and just move on? Or is it that important to keep your post count up?
    LOL...

Generally speaking, no one stands up to her persistent negativity because, let's face it, she's extremely cute.

;D

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    09-23-13 07:48 AM
    As much as I love my Z10, it is a hard sell, especially since the Q10 has a better display with AMOLED (though an inch smaller). AMOLED is better on power, has brighter, deeper colors, and should be a standard for mobile phones. So stack the Z10 against those odds and it becomes less appealing even with the awesome BlackBerry 10 OS. But the Z30, oh boy...that's a nice one. not just the display and size, but stereo speakers and more antennas? I wouldn't buy a Z10 if the Z30 was available either. The Z30, unfortunately, is what the Z10 should have been from launch.

I'm not sure what Q10 and Z10 you are referring to but the 2 q10 I have seen are no where near as bright as my Z10

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:52 AM
    If you zip on over to YouTube, there are plenty of side -by-side videos with the Z10 and the Q10. The optical illusion lies in different screen sizes and orientation. It's not a brighter light but brighter colors. You can see that the Z10 is almost grayish white on its display compared to the Q10 when displaying the color white. It's not a huge deal to the average person, but to an audio video geek, it sticks out like a road flare. I'm sure the selling points are more on increased screen size, faster processor, and stereo speakers among many other new features in the Z30, but the switch from LCD to SuperAMOLED sold me the minute I heard it was set in stone. Screen size was the ONLY thing keeping me from buying a Q10. Problem solved in the Z30.

09-26-13 07:40 AM
    I plan on buying 600k units myself. I am clinically insane though.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    09-26-13 08:37 AM
    The Romans didn't believe it end was nigh until the Visigoths came over the seven hills, but fall Rome did.
    09-26-13 08:45 AM
    Guy, I will throw my money in the pot too.

guygardner73 likes this.
    09-26-13 10:01 AM
    The Romans didn't believe it end was nigh until the Visigoths came over the seven hills, but fall Rome did.
    And yet, Rome still exists as the centre of a different kind of empire with millions of advocates across the globe. Change is coming, the end is not.

shads77, BBVegasGirl80 and Pdinos3 like this.
    09-26-13 10:28 AM
    And yet, Rome still exists as the centre of a different kind of empire with millions of advocates across the globe. Change is coming, the end is not.

I agree, BB will exist in some form.
    guygardner73 likes this.
    09-26-13 10:31 AM
    I don't give a crap what is on YouTube. With them side by side the q10s that I personally looked at beside my Z10 were noticably darker. That's the whole reason I put them side by side because I was amazed how dark it was. It was irritating to look at. And yes I checked to insure the q10 was at full brightness

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:10 PM
    This is true. CostCo in the US was offering the Z10 for $0 and 2 year contract with Verizon. It has since disappeared from stores. It is available via their online partner for $.01, basically close-out. While in-store a few months ago I was told the Z10 was selling maybe 1-in-10, there were higher rates of return. Likely because of shortage of apps and not easy enough to use c/w Apple 1-button this, 1-button that....

Costco Wireless - Big Savings on Cell Phones - Offering Plans from Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.

I love my Z10, do miss apps, make it my primary phone over an iPhone I concurrently use (for apps), now loaded with iOS7. My Z10 is still the far better device for communication.

It's a bitter pill to see what's happening to BBRY, but it is what it is. I hope for all of us the product line will survive, but that is far from guaranteed based on rapid deterioration in financial conditions for the company over the past 6 months and selective reporting by the company. It is impossible do deny they put their best foot forward in terms of talking up sales in Asia and Central America, as well as new OS, while failing to disclose shortcomings of things such as BB Link, and more recently severe drop in sales in Asia and Central America. This is all in their QE report. On the LinkedIn BBRY forum, an IT guy reported that BES10 leaves out many security features seen in prior iterations. Seems to be suffering from the same "watered down" feature set as provided in BB Link, now in BES10. One can only hope that enough features remain in BES10 to still keep it competitive while public or private BBRY sort things out.

The Globe article published yesterday and revised this AM should give anyone who loves BBRY pause for thought about how things will be going forward.
    09-28-13 08:31 PM
    While I feel bad for the displaced 4500 Employees in Waterloo, BlackBerry's misfortunes are not enough to shake my faith.
    I feel the same way; I seem to live in Apple/iPhone country, when people see me at work with my Z10 and PlayBook they say, "I see you have an iPhone & iPad, I say "something better BlackBerry!"

I think that BlackBerry is a lot smarter then some people give them credit for, I have been thinking about there new OS-10 and it development.

First there was the PlayBook, I have read that the PlayBook was an important step in and with the QNX and OS 10, next came the Z10, 'I feel another step'. Next comes the Z30 and I feel that something as good if not better is next!

Todays climate, be it economic and in competition is like a big bad storm and I see BlackBerry like a giant ship weathering this stormy sea and she will make it through safe and sound...!!

I am looking forward to getting the Z30..!
    09-28-13 11:07 PM
27 12