Hi,

for quite a while I am searching for a workaround enabling me (Q5; BB 10.2.1) to override audio controls from native music player to control my preferred audio source instead (which is, due to lack of native support, usually SNAPped Spotify or some other Android-built media player). Till now, it has not been possible to pause or skip tracks apart from using touchscreen and so when I switch my Bluetooth-headset off, music would continue to blaring from the speaker letting me appear strange to passersby. (NB: Of course it's not a Bluetooth issue but the same when using device's buttons).

As there is hardly anything to find on this issue (only an unsolved question here: supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-control-an-alternative-music-player-with-headset-button/td-p/2879002 ), I wonder whether anybody knows what to do.

Regads
    floyd
    10-17-14 10:34 AM
    I'm not sure what your problem is. I can go on the next or previous song by l'on pressing the volume key and pause the music with the third button, all on my bluetooth handset, natively. Same with multimedia earphones.
    If you want to do the same with the buttons on the phone, go to Settings > Main Volume and switch on the Music Shortcuts setting.

UPDATE : Ho, you mean with an Android app ? Check their settings, because the next/prev track with the volume keys and the pause one are pretty standard on a bluetooth handset.
    10-17-14 03:47 PM
    You need the latest 10.3

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 11:40 PM