Is anyone successfully using Overdrive 3.6.0 (Android) on OS 10.3.3?
    My issues seems to be with 10.3.3, not the Overdrive version as previously working version don't work either.

I can install/run the app, but checking out an ebook from my local library gives the following error:

Overdrive on 10.3.3-img_20170107_090245_edit.png

SSLv3 was discontinued 2 years ago by Overdrive... so I suspect the error isn't quite accurate.

I'm not sure if this is due to my local libraries config (Halifax Public) or something changed with 10.3.3.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Bill
    01-09-17 11:21 AM
    well it says the app needs android 4.0 or better. I believe the runtime on your BB is 4.3....so it should work. but then again.....
    01-09-17 01:22 PM
    I'm not using BlackBerry 10 anymore, so I can't say whether it's just you or not, but in case you can't get it working I'll just point out that you don't really need the overdrive app.

Just open the library in the webbrowser, check out a book, and tap "read now" . The book will open in the browser. You can make it full screen by pressing pressing "f", or swiping up with two fingers. There is even an option to download the book for offline use.
    Or, if you really want a dedicated app, there are other apps that with OverDrive books. You just need one that supports Adobe Digital Editions DRM.
    01-09-17 01:32 PM
    well it says the app needs android 4.0 or better. I believe the runtime on your BB is 4.3....so it should work. but then again.....

yes... and it always did work, until OS 10.3.3... which still uses the same 4.3 runtime.
    Like I said, I suspect the issue is either with my library or something changed in OS 10.3.3.

Bill
    01-09-17 01:38 PM
    I'm not using BlackBerry 10 anymore, so I can't say whether it's just you or not, but in case you can't get it working I'll just point out that you don't really need the overdrive app.

Just open the library in the webbrowser, check out a book, and tap "read now" . The book will open in the browser. You can make it full screen by pressing pressing "f", or swiping up with two fingers. There is even an option to download the book for offline use.
    Or, if you really want a dedicated app, there are other apps that with OverDrive books. You just need one that supports Adobe Digital Editions DRM.
    Yes, this is true. It does work via the browser. My son is more familiar with how it used to work though, so if possible, it would be nice to have Overdrive working as it was. Will see if there are other apps that work with Adobe DRM.

Thanks
    Bill
    01-09-17 01:41 PM
    I've been trying to get the app to work as well and getting the same error message. If anyone knows a fix for this, please let us know! Reading on the browser is not acceptable.

Oh and I'm using a different library, so I suspect it's not the library's fault.
    02-02-17 12:50 AM
    I have the same problem when I try to download from the library directly. When I try to download from the overdrive app the error is 1069. Thanks
    02-22-17 07:15 PM
    Bill:

I found a solution to this. My wife has been having the same problem on her Passport. After hours of research not getting anywhere, I decided to fire up her PlayBook and see if Overdrive worked on it. It still worked on the Playbook.

I then went to the GoodReader site and downloaded the 2.6.6 version of Overdrive and sideloaded it to my Passport and it worked. We are using the Halifax Library.

If you can find the 2.6.6 version as an APK you could probably load it directly on the Passport without sideloading.

Here is the link to the GoodReader site. Use the search function midway down the page, not the search in the title bar.

APK to Bar Online Converter
    03-09-17 10:35 AM