Hey all,

My outlook no longer sends/receives/connects since a few hours ago, it stopped working when my outlook.com webmail account got changed to the new 'preview' as in this: Outlook.com preview rolls out to more users with new add-ins, including from Uber, PayPal, and Evernote | VentureBeat | Cloud | by Emil Protalinski with the new layout

Since that happened no emails can be sent or received on my Z30, I tried different networks. I also can't go to outlook.com in the blackberry browser, it just says 'bad request'

The only work around I found was to download the android app and leave the app running as a bandaid fix.

As the outlook preview appears to be rolled out gradually I can't find anyone else on outlook preview to ask, I noticed a couple of people tweeted OUtlook today with the same issue on iphones, eg: "@Outlook My account was migrated to the new Outlook and now the iPhone Mail app can't authenticate to the server. What happened?"

Basically I can't send, receive, go to outlook.com on browser, change settings (as it won't save), ie complete lack of connectivity.

Hope someone can help, I was thinking to delete the account but I'd imagine when I create the new one its just going to give me an error that it can't connect to outlook and I have nothing at all.

Thanks
    11-04-15 08:59 PM
    hmm I'd suggest, removal of such account, reboot device and re add? I have outlook.com preview on my 9900, ios and android devices ...?
    11-04-15 09:23 PM
    I've received an error code now (when trying to save my account info again) but that hasn't help:

Error in rpc transaction with 1401967683-ActiveSyncProvider

Anyone have any ideas?
    11-04-15 10:17 PM
    I would assume that the server address has changed and your phone is trying to authenticate to the old server. Have you removed the account from your phone and re-added it yet? I would start there...I bet that fixes the issue.
    11-04-15 10:46 PM
    Try this..

bay402-m.hotmail.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

I guess until BB apn picks up the settings you'd need to define it manually.

Outlook won't connect-uploadfromtaptalk1446699511341.jpg
    11-04-15 11:00 PM
    Thanks guys! I bit the bullet and deleted the account and readded it, after updating the server address didn't work.

It worked! You were right rjkolo. Although the server address in settings remain the same eas.outlook.com but everything is working properly now. Strangely I still can't access outlook.com or live.com on my BB browser (says bad request) but as long as it's working in hub that is all good.

Thanks rjkolo and zocster
    rjkolo likes this.
    11-05-15 12:24 AM
    Yup mine still won't work either... wrong server being referenced automatically..

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 07:28 PM
    I had turned off my Z10 (10.3.2.2474) saturday night before bed. I woke up Sunday with this exact same issue! I'm glad to see it isn't just me (it has worked flawless for over year now). I have not had ability to see my contacts/calendar for a day and half now as I cannot get my Outlook.com account to work anymore! Weird part about this is I cannot log into Outlook.com using the web browser either all of a sudden either on my Z10. The webpage attempts to log in then I get kicked to an "unexpected error" page.

I have tried multiple times to delete account and re-create, spent some time searching, nothing works and not much info on this except from few years ago some were having this issue back in 2013 with 10.3.1 rollout. When I re-create my account it seems to connect and I can select what to sync and the wizard finishes. All looks fine, then about 30 seconds later I get Activesync error in my hub.

At first I thought maybe Verizon was blocking a new port that Outlook.com changed to. I also wonder if BB10 OS is missing some key certificate or something that with the the new change that some got with Outlook.com broke it. It would be a small percentage of us and not get

I am currently about to wipe my phone and load latest OS using x.2789 Autoloader. I will follow up here after I'm done to let you know if this fixes it.
    11-23-15 07:40 PM
    Ok, fresh OS wipe and install using latest Autoloader did NOT fix this for me (btw x.2789 feels responsive. I like it). Still same result. I also tried the alternative server address listed above and same result. It looks like it worked, then about 30 seconds later the error happens again.

I can not use Outlook.com service on my BB10 device as of yesterday. Been fine for over a year. Whatever they changed on their backend has effected us small percentage using them on our BB10 devices. I am currently looking for a support contact for Outlook.com but can only find forums.

I've been using it not for email, but everything else it supports. Mostly for backup as well as as access to that stuff from any device through the web.

So apparently it isn't just BB10 issue. Something on their end. Problem is getting it fixed as it is very rare and sporadic.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...k-up-date.html
    Last edited by JorEl; 11-23-15 at 10:06 PM.
    11-23-15 09:54 PM
    This is happening on my professional outlook account but has not yet migrated to my personal (and most critical) account yet..

I hope there is an solution soon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-23-15 11:48 PM
    Ah, finally something I can explain to others!

I spent countless hours on this problem over the past couple of weeks. This problem has to do with Microsoft "upgrading" Outlook.com and Hotmail.com accounts to the new Office365 infrastructure. These accounts will now be on the same network as Office365 paid accounts. So, for them to work, you'll have to delete them and re-add them once the account has been upgraded to Outlook (Preview). On my Z10, the correct server is now "eas.outlook.com." The old "m.hotmail.com" or "m.outlook.com" servers will no longer work. Microsoft Outlook configures these accounts as real Exchange accounts. No need for the Outlook Connector anymore. Mac Mail can configure these accounts using IMAP.

Everything I listed above will work great UNLESS you are using the Windows Live free domain email set-up. This is the service Microsoft used to provide to allow Outlook.com email accounts to have free hosted domain mail. They cut this service about a year ago but said that users could continue using the service but couldn't administer the account or add email addresses. Well, this upgrade completely kills all connectivity to domain email accounts except for through the web panel at Outlook.com. The accounts will no longer connect to any mail client (BlackBerry, iOS, Android, Thunderbird, MS Outlook, Mac Mail, etc.). I spent six hours on technical support chat with Microsoft and in the end they told me that there wasn't a fix. They also stressed that there probably wouldn't be a fix in the future since this service is no longer supported. Basically a nice way to force anyone needing domain email to Office365. I did that for myself and a few friends over the past few days and suddenly everything works perfectly. Amazing what they'll give you for $5 per month per email address!

Also, if you're using the Window Live free domain email service and plan to upgrade to Office365, do not delay! You will need to make an Outlook PST file to preserve your existing email. Once the system shuts down you will not be able to get mail off of the Outlook.com server without forwarding it to a different account from the web panel. So, I would be proactive.

Hope this helps!
    CanadianPilgrim likes this.
    11-24-15 01:09 AM
    I have a FIX! Thanks to DMan2009 pointing me in right direction. He is right in what happened.

It has to do with Microsoft no longer supporting 3rd party domains to the free Outlook.com. They started to warn about it last year and I remember seeing the notices in my account to switch but never did. So when they switch your account over to the new "Preview" version, they also take away that support fully now. Here is where I saw it confirmed what Dman was talking about:

From the new Outlook.com Preview FAQ:
    Since my account was updated to the Outlook.com Preview, I can access my email on a web browser, but I can’t get to my email from an email client application.
    When your account receives the Outlook.com Preview, you can access your email through any web browser, the Outlook for iOS and Android apps for mobile devices, and Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, or Outlook 2016 desktop applications for PC and Mac.
    Customers who wish to access their email through the MSN email client, Windows Live Mail or older versions of Outlook desktop applications may not be able to sync their email. The MSN email client and Windows Live Mail application will be updated in future weeks to support Outlook.com Preview accounts.
    So right there I see that now for the free version of their Outlook online service, they want everyone using mobile to be signing in using the web page OR their Outlook App. Since they have taken away 3rd party domain support it means no more using 3rd party domain as login using the phone built-in Activesync support.

So, if you are signing into Outlook with any username other than one ending in 'Outlook.com', support for external syncing (other than the Outlook app on iOS or Android) has been removed from free Outlook.com and that is now moved over to paid Office365 .

In order for your current Outlook online account to work again, you need to switch it over to an outlook.com user. This means adding an 'alias' to your account and making it the primary now. You will still have all your info and can keep your other account info in it, but switching over to [email protected] as your primary alias and now use that to sign in (username), fixed it for me.

The option to add an alias is in the web interface. Log into Outlook.com through the URL in a browser. Then look for options and accounts area. In one of the accounts tabs you will see option to add alias. Go through the security requirement to get your code then choose to add an alias. The first option to add an "outlook.com" ending alias will be selected by default. Make one and then make it primary. Give system an hour or so to rollout your changes and now setup you new account on your device and use your new alias as the username.
    11-24-15 02:39 PM
    I have a FIX! Thanks to DMan2009 pointing me in right direction. He is right in what happened.

It has to do with Microsoft no longer supporting 3rd party domains to the free Outlook.com. They started to warn about it last year and I remember seeing the notices in my account to switch but never did. So when they switch your account over to the new "Preview" version, they also take away that support fully now. Here is where I saw it confirmed what Dman was talking about:

From the new Outlook.com Preview FAQ:

So right there I see that now for the free version of their Outlook online service, they want everyone using mobile to be signing in using the web page OR their Outlook App. Since they have taken away 3rd party domain support it means no more using 3rd party domain as login using the phone built-in Activesync support.

So, if you are signing into Outlook with any username other than one ending in 'Outlook.com', support for external syncing (other than the Outlook app on iOS or Android) has been removed from free Outlook.com and that is now moved over to paid Office365 .

In order for your current Outlook online account to work again, you need to switch it over to an outlook.com user. This means adding an 'alias' to your account and making it the primary now. You will still have all your info and can keep your other account info in it, but switching over to [email protected] as your primary alias and now use that to sign in (username), fixed it for me.

The option to add an alias is in the web interface. Log into Outlook.com through the URL in a browser. Then look for options and accounts area. In one of the accounts tabs you will see option to add alias. Go through the security requirement to get your code then choose to add an alias. The first option to add an "outlook.com" ending alias will be selected by default. Make one and then make it primary. Give system an hour or so to rollout your changes and now setup you new account on your device and use your new alias as the username.
    Thanks. I already am using @outlook.com as primary alias for a year now, so that means I won't have any problems with the Hub when I get switched over to the Preview?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 01:07 AM
    Your account may show a failure in the hub. This happened to a friend of mine with a Outlook.com account when he got upgraded. Within a few hours, it fixed itself and the new server it was using was "eas.outlook.com." If the account fails after the upgrade, I would just delete it and reinstall it. Your BlackBerry will figure out the correct server during set-up. If you have third party domain email through the free Outlook.com service, you will be out of luck as there is no way this will work.
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-25-15 02:48 AM
    The new webversion of Outlook is still in Beta, as for explaining the word 'preview'. Microsoft is tweaking and working to improve the new outlook preview and also migrating (forcing) more people to this new ****ty webmail. Resulting in many issues like for us BlackBerry users. Probably the problem occurs due to a bug in the allowed connected devices list for Exchange Active sync (compatibility error!?).
    Follow the steps below and it should work for a while until they start updating the Beta again, then you should do it again. It primarily works for mail (send/receive), attachments are still a work in progress, sometimes you will be receiving them and sometimes you wont.

I will keep you all posted if things change.

Connect using eas.outlook.com port 443 while setting up your account.

1. Login to outlook.com �
    2. click on the cog wheel at the top right hand side of the screen
    3. Select options or settings.
    4. Go to mail, and unfold Accounts there you will find Connected accounts. Delete your blackberry and reconnect/reregister just by refreshing your mail on your blackberry.

This solution worked for me and for others I know using blackberry z10/30/passport.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by hendmein; 11-26-15 at 12:10 AM.
    allstarkenyan likes this.
    11-25-15 07:17 PM
    I just fixed mine as well.

As mentioned above, I added an alias to my account with an outlook.com suffix. I did leave my private domain address as primary.

I made sure to make my private domain address the "reply to" address.

Re-added this to hub using the outlook alias on BB10 and priv and everything works as before.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-28-15 01:33 PM