Still no hope right? If lets say I have delegated my calendar with full rights to my GF?

Other than:

Groups,
    creating a completely seperate calendar on another user and adding him as an EAS account,
    or having an app that syncs

I have it set up right now that I just added my GF's domain account to my BB and make the default CAL her cal, Only problem now is even though it is ONLY syncing the CAL, I still get her email in the 'compose' and 'share' screens any way to change this? Any way around it?

Oh how I miss my BES Express -- Being an IT Professional - It was amazing and free!
    04-08-14 01:07 PM
    Can anyone help here?
    04-08-14 08:14 PM
    I did it through the webmail on my desktop computer.
    -On your desktop or laptop computer, sign in to your Microsoft account (Hotmail, Outlook mail, ect)
    -go to calendar
    -If you need to set up the calendar to share, click on the down arrow (v) next to New on the top toolbar, click calendar on the menu that appears, set up the new calendar (if you already have a calendar set up that you are going to share, ignore this)
    -in calendar settings there is Sharing, you set up who you're sharing the calendar with there (it's there when you set it up, or you can select Share on the top toolbar, select the calendar to share, and the set up who to share with.
    -To use the shared calendar on your BB 10 device, on your BlackBerry go to settings, go to accounts, select (or set up) whatever microsoft account you have (hotmail, outlook, ect), make sure Sync Calendar is toggeled on,
    Next, open the calendar app, swipe down from the top, select manage, make sure there is a check in the check box for the calendar to share,
    YOU'RE DONE, except for setting up the calendar for whomever you're sharing a calendar with.
    If you need help with that, post here, I cruse through the forums about once a day.
    Last edited by berryaddictnoza; 04-09-14 at 12:04 AM.
    04-08-14 11:50 PM
    Right so what you are doing is setting the user up on both BB's -- [email protected], and only syncing CAL, that works all fine and dandy except now I have a bunch of suggested contacts, and extra email in my compose menu(most annoying), the other person can click "sync email" and read everything(not a huge issue),

I manage my own Exchange 2013 server, on a Server 2012 DataCenter back end, Runs 3 VM's... It's really annoying Exch 2007 dropped CalDav (WEBDAV) -- I understand its an EAS limitation but why wont BB incorporate EWS then? The problem is the translation between CALdav to EWS, there are conversion error's its so close but no cigar (using DAVmail)

I am really close to setting up a google calendar and calling it a day -- Groups I cant trust because I deleted it by accident while switching BB's I want it actually store somewhere. But that makes sense because I host my own exchange server -- may as well go hosted like the rest of the world yah :'(

Im pretty upset because I have the newest latest and greatest and still shared calendars is AWOL.
    04-09-14 10:08 AM
    And dont get me ranting on damn group calendars which have to be re-hidden everytime. Screw 10.3 -- I want my features back not another shiny interface
    04-09-14 10:14 AM
    Ah, you are doing everything through your own exchange server, whole different animal than what I'm doing.
    I'm syncing a calendar set up in my hotmail account. whomever you share it with has to have their own Microsoft account. So with 2 separate accounts only the calendar you designate to share swaps info, nothing else (contacts, email, ect) is shared. I dunno, maybe you can do this independent of, or through your exchange server?
    04-09-14 12:39 PM
    So if me and the gf both have outlook you can delegate your calendar to her, and she wont have to add your email to see it?

Am I reading that correctly? if so I will go hosted office 365 and call it a day sick of in house.
    04-09-14 03:01 PM
    Yep, my wife and I have been sharing a calendar since I bought my Q10. One of the nice features of BB10 to be able to do that.
    04-09-14 07:08 PM
    fellow exchange administrator here. I miss BESx =[

I think the problem lies in blackberry's implementation of activesync. -- hell, android kitkat JUST got that kind of functionality.

I will look into it some more tomorrow.

-- as far as useful features going away from microsoft products -- this is par for the course lol. If it's useful, its out!

- I run ex2013 CU1 on server 2012 r2 with about 25 mobile devices of assorted flavors. I can't seem to make shared calendars work.
    04-09-14 07:27 PM
    So if me and the gf both have outlook you can delegate your calendar to her, and she wont have to add your email to see it?

Am I reading that correctly? if so I will go hosted office 365 and call it a day sick of in house.
    Not just outlook. You can associate any calendar account with outlook and sync it. Each of you just need to add each other calendars to your OWN email account calendar and then sync. So, for you since your on BB - sync your GF's calendar to your outlook calendar and load the calendar to your phone. Then go into your calendar options and make sure there is a check mark beside her calendar so you can see it.
    04-10-14 06:43 AM
    Not just outlook. You can associate any calendar account with outlook and sync it. Each of you just need to add each other calendars to your OWN email account calendar and then sync. So, for you since your on BB - sync your GF's calendar to your outlook calendar and load the calendar to your phone. Then go into your calendar options and make sure there is a check mark beside her calendar so you can see it.
    Right on thanks blue, here's my big question why can outlook.com do this but yet EXCH2013 cant that makes no sense because the backbones are the same?! Maybe it's their push to hosted take features away from the 'standalone's.

I will post a way I did it with a CALdav and 'fake' google account:

The reasons:
    5 minute sync - this is nice, but not sure if its a 'pro' because the outlook.com might be push - will test
    CALdav supports all day appointments, reminders, etc seamlessly, again outlook.com as well
    able to set as default and sync just calendar, outlook.com uses delegates, I added my account on her bb, outlook.com probably wins this one as the delegate could be removed and stop recv'ing updates.

Will post a tut if I get a chance it working alright for now, and I know if my group deletes itself all my data isn't 'gone'
    04-10-14 08:12 AM
    fellow exchange administrator here. I miss BESx =[

I think the problem lies in blackberry's implementation of activesync. -- hell, android kitkat JUST got that kind of functionality.

I will look into it some more tomorrow.

-- as far as useful features going away from microsoft products -- this is par for the course lol. If it's useful, its out!

- I run ex2013 CU1 on server 2012 r2 with about 25 mobile devices of assorted flavors. I can't seem to make shared calendars work.
    It would be nice to have BBRY start supporting EWS which is yet ANOTHER calendar standard for MS/EXCH deployments.

DAVmail looked hella promising because it uses a EWS interpreter as a gateway between owa, public calendar address and actually checks if the user has right to write to the calendar. Takes the ICS mime type and converts it. Except I don't think 2013 is supported because the calendar MIME type isn't converting properly due to the fact that a field might have changed constraints wise etc. Last updated in 2012 would have loved to see it work because then I could manage from owa and outlook.

There seems to be a bridge between all these devices I dont blame people for going Apple or Google -- Because there is enough products in the niche that you can connect everything with everything else.

Maybe for us IT Admin's really the push for WP is starting to work because MS will integrate EWS into outlook and mobile, and web OWA.
    04-10-14 08:16 AM