Sorry if this has been discussed to death already but I'm trying to solve a particular problem with my z10/outlook setup.

Is it possible to sync calendar/contacts/meetings/tasks/etc over cell network or wifi with a z10. My email setup is currently only imap not ms exchange.

I've seen lots of threads on wired syncing but I was hoping that with my z10 it would all just work with outlook and basic email services. Also, due to the small company I have I cannot sign up for a outlook.com/hotmail.com email address.

Lastly, if I were to upgrade to an ms exchange server service, would the calendar and contacts sync then?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 08:04 PM
    Sorry if this has been discussed to death already but I'm trying to solve a particular problem with my z10/outlook setup.

Is it possible to sync calendar/contacts/meetings/tasks/etc over cell network or wifi with a z10. My email setup is currently only imap not ms exchange.

I've seen lots of threads on wired syncing but I was hoping that with my z10 it would all just work with outlook and basic email services. Also, due to the small company I have I cannot sign up for a outlook.com/hotmail.com email address.

Lastly, if I were to upgrade to an ms exchange server service, would the calendar and contacts sync then?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I can't speak to what's available with IMAP as I don't use it.

However if you do switch over to using ActiveSync (Exchange server is just one product that uses ActiveSync, and the best as well as that is Microsoft's flagship messaging platform), your contacts, calendar entries, and notes will sync over. The older in ActiveSync version implementation you go, the less features and functionality you get, but if you are using Exchange 2010 or Outlook.com (Microsoft's online version of Exchange) you will get all the features and functionality.
    05-29-13 08:12 PM
    I also run a small business. I use an IMAP email with SSL security. My outlook, BB10, Playbook and Windows 7 email all sync perfectly. As for calendar I use Google calendar. It syncs with the Playbook and phones and I just use the ICAL on outlook to see the calendar. I use Outlook just to view

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 09:44 PM
    I tried setting up the Outlook.com calendar and contacts to sync to my PC, but it didn't work. I set it up per the instructions, had the Outlook.com Calendar and Contacts showing on my PC, copied the calendar and contacts from one to the other on my PC, and the calendar even said "Connected to Hotmail Outlook" whatever it says...but I waited 24 hours and nothing showed up on Outlook.com's calendar or contacts. I must have missed something as it didn't work.

Maybe I should try this ActiveSync? Will it link up my PC's Outlook and the Outlook.com's calendar and contacts?
    05-31-13 09:13 AM
    It you are using windows 7, use the Windows live email and log in with your Hotmail or outlook. Com account.

It should work.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 04:39 PM
    I ended up working on it further with no success. So, with my PlayBook and my PC, I am using Google Calendar and Contacts along Google Calendar Sync and GO Contact Sync Mod and it works fine. When I get my Z10 later this month, I'll set it up to handle this as well and it should work. Just thought the setup for Outlook using outlook.com would be easier than it was.
    06-03-13 08:54 AM