I use an outlook.com account for all of my contacts, calendar entries, etc. and it works great. I want to add my work gmail account to my Q10 (because I hate typing on the Android phone I was issued, among other reasons), but I want to keep the contacts separate - my main concern is to keep my personal contacts off the gmail account.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here - how do I go about doing this (keeping the contacts separate)? I obviously know how to add the gmail account to the Q10....
    04-11-14 09:22 PM
    When you set it up does it not ask what you want to sync
    04-11-14 09:24 PM
    Outlook.com & Gmail accounts - how to keep contacts separate?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1397269599.818817.jpg

Sent from a device that's not BlackBerry, and not on the newest leak,
    04-11-14 09:26 PM
    Sadly, you won't be able to sync the Gmail contacts to the phone if you want to keep things separate. When you add the Gmail account just don't sync the contacts. It's a pain in the *** I know. If they have a BES10 installed you can add it to the work section and they will stay separate though.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 09:36 PM
    There's no way to keep them separate. It's either an all or nothing thing at the moment. So both accounts will end up having the same contacts.
    04-11-14 09:37 PM
    And I don't recommend this at all. Because Gmail will screw up your contacts and this will then sync to your Outlook and screw everything up. Do NOT sync your Gmail contacts.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 09:45 PM
    When you set it up does it not ask what you want to sync
    It does, of course - but I want the contacts for the gmail account to stay separate from the outlook.com account.

Sadly, you won't be able to sync the Gmail contacts to the phone if you want to keep things separate. When you add the Gmail account just don't sync the contacts. It's a pain in the *** I know. If they have a BES10 installed you can add it to the work section and they will stay separate though.

Posted via CB10
    There's no way to keep them separate. It's either an all or nothing thing at the moment. So both accounts will end up having the same contacts.
    Thanks guys. Guess I will continue to carry two phones, simply so I can look up contact info on the second for the gmail account. Sigh.
    04-11-14 09:45 PM
    If you do it you can always go into setting on your contacts and turn off the ones you don't want to see.
    04-11-14 09:52 PM
    If you do it you can always go into setting on your contacts and turn off the ones you don't want to see.
    Yes but it would still sync all his contacts. It won't keep them separate. And believe me when I tell you... Gmail will screw up all your contacts in a heart beat. avoid it like the plague. Be warned.

All these posts you see about contacts being messed up? Notice one factor that's always the same. It's Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    PJD642 likes this.
    04-11-14 09:57 PM
    I know that's why I use the contactx.

Sent from a device that's not BlackBerry, and not on the newest leak,
    04-11-14 10:08 PM
    I use an outlook.com account for all of my contacts, calendar entries, etc. and it works great. I want to add my work gmail account to my Q10 (because I hate typing on the Android phone I was issued, among other reasons), but I want to keep the contacts separate - my main concern is to keep my personal contacts off the gmail account.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here - how do I go about doing this (keeping the contacts separate)? I obviously know how to add the gmail account to the Q10....
    you would need 2 separate phone books to achieve that.
    04-12-14 12:16 AM
    Well if you cannot add then to the contacts app, there must be another way to search your Gmail contacts on your BlackBerry 10. Via the browser? Idk, cause I don't use gmail.

Have a nice day
    04-12-14 01:18 AM
    Yes but it would still sync all his contacts. It won't keep them separate. And believe me when I tell you... Gmail will screw up all your contacts in a heart beat. avoid it like the plague. Be warned.

All these posts you see about contacts being messed up? Notice one factor that's always the same. It's Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    No. I have both and only sync my Gmail. They do not combine if you do not sync AND add new contacts (BB10 does not upload existing contacts - only newly created ones). I know because I tried to sync my Gmail before realizing I had to manually add them to the web interface versus them syncing from my outlook account. I also have my work email on here (fully synced) and I don't see any of my personal contacts on my work PC.

Also, (not sure which version started this) you can pick which account to create the contact in - for me it's Gmail). It only starts getting messy when you have duplicate contacts and everything starts linking.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 02:12 AM