I have just got my Z30. Before I did anything I downloaded and installed the 10.2.1.1925 leak.

I use outlook for my contacts and calendar and want to sync these wireless. I have Office 2013 on my PC.

I have set up Outlook on my phone and changed modified the sync time frame to forever.

When it first sets up it has a server address of m.hotmail.com, but when I go back into the settings it is dub406-m.hotmail.com

The outlook account is set as default for mail and calendar.

I have done test sync using BBlink and I get all of the entries on my phone as BBLink, but I want to be able to sync and view .

What my issue is that all of my entries are not showing in my Z30.

I have all future entries, but only selected entries for previous months. December seems complete, November partly, but previous to that, I am only getting entries that have a reoccurring entry.

I have tried waiting and re-booing the phone, but this has not rectified it. I have also deleted and re-entered the account

All of the previous entries are on my Desktop Outlook and I can see them on webmail, but they are not in my Z30 calendar.

Any ideas?

Regards

Trevor
    01-26-14 03:07 AM
    It depends on the number of 'entries' you have, it took me close to 24hrs to fully populate my phone under the forever option.
    01-26-14 03:22 AM
    I think there is about 1800 entries.

I will give it a bit longer then, but I did do the delete and reinstall of the account early last night.

Trevor
    01-26-14 03:51 AM
    I have done a few tests.

If I add and entry in the past on my Z30 on a date that has a entry missing. The entry instantly appears on my desktop Outlook.

If I add a date on my PC in the PAST, it does not appear on my Z30.

However, if I add a FUTURE date on my PC in instantly appears on my Z30.

I have looked at the outlook account installed on my Playbook. It is also the same as my Z30. Past entries not appearing and it is updating the same way as my Z30 for future and past entries.

Trevor
    01-26-14 04:50 AM
    Hotmail/office365 is based on Microsoft Exchange, and in Exchange you can set how far back calendar entries are allowed to go:
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ff628709.aspx
    Re-occurring meeting requests appear in the distant past because they are re-occurring and show up in the present/future so the client shows them as far back as it is allowed.
    I have not been able to confirm if Hotmail/Office365 limits this setting or not but it is possible.

It's also possible you have a corrupt ActiveSync relationship and Microsoft's recommendation in that scenario is to recreate the relationship:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2293282

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-26-14 08:59 AM
    Thanks for you reply. I am not using Office 365. I am just using an outlook email address *****@outlook.com

I will be very disappointed if the only way I can ensure that my calender is synced to the past is to have to set up a BB Link account and have another calender in my Z30.

It seems strange that I am getting the same issue on the Playbook. I had no issues with the calendar on my 9900, but had to use the Desktop Software to sync.

I thought with the Z30 I could do it all wireless. Change something on Outlook and it would change on the Z30 and vice versa.

I have been doing some more testing. If I update Outlook on my PC, it will sync no further that 26th October which is exactly 3 months back from today.

I have looked and it appears that all my entries have been correctly entered on my Z30 until then. It is just reoccurring ones previous to this.

There must be some setting preventing it going back further that 3 months.

Regards

Trevor
    Last edited by TrickyT; 01-26-14 at 09:42 AM. Reason: added updates
    01-26-14 09:21 AM
    Thanks for you reply. I am not using Office 365. I am just using an outlook email address *****@outlook.com

I will be very disappointed if the only way I can ensure that my calender is synced to the past is to have to set up a BB Link account and have another calender in my Z30.

It seems strange that I am getting the same issue on the Playbook. I had no issues with the calendar on my 9900, but had to use the Desktop Software to sync.

I thought with the Z30 I could do it all wireless. Change something on Outlook and it would change on the Z30 and vice versa.

Regards

Trevor
    Hotmail, Outlook.com, and Office 365 all use Microsoft Exchange on the back end.

I suspect the reason your 9900 worked differently was because it wasn't using ActiveSync. Different syncing technologies have different rules being enforced.

In theory, aside from your potential limitation on the number of months back the calendar is kept, your statement about changes made in Outlook and changes made on the Z30 syncing to each other should be accurate. If you see other syncing issues beyond the calendar history sync, please share them.

Meanwhile I'm hoping someone else will confirm they are also seeing what you are seeing in regards to the calendar history limitation so we can confirm its a setting with the service and not something else going on.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-26-14 09:42 AM
    I think it must be something to do with Outlook as it does exactly the same thing on my Playbook, so it cannot be a setting on the Z30.

I will have to do a sync using BB Link so I can get the historical data onto the Z30. I know it will mean I have another calender entry on the Z30, but at least I can hide it.

Many thanks

Trevor
    01-26-14 09:54 AM
    I have done another test today. Date 27/01/13.

Any entry on my Outlook entered after 27/10/13 (3 months) is not updated on my Z30.

Any entry previous to 27/10/13 entered on Z30 is updated on my Outlook.

Regards

Trevor
    01-27-14 09:11 AM
    It's the same with Z10 and Google Calendar too. My Z10 only keeps events up to 3 months only. Quite annoying to have to open Google Calendar through the browser if I want to look at past events.

Posted From Z10 STL100-1
    01-27-14 09:31 AM
    I have just got my Z30. Before I did anything I downloaded and installed the 10.2.1.1925 leak.

I use outlook for my contacts and calendar and want to sync these wireless. I have Office 2013 on my PC.

I have set up Outlook on my phone and changed modified the sync time frame to forever.

When it first sets up it has a server address of m.hotmail.com, but when I go back into the settings it is dub406-m.hotmail.com

The outlook account is set as default for mail and calendar.

I have done test sync using BBlink and I get all of the entries on my phone as BBLink, but I want to be able to sync and view .

What my issue is that all of my entries are not showing in my Z30.

I have all future entries, but only selected entries for previous months. December seems complete, November partly, but previous to that, I am only getting entries that have a reoccurring entry.

I have tried waiting and re-booing the phone, but this has not rectified it. I have also deleted and re-entered the account

All of the previous entries are on my Desktop Outlook and I can see them on webmail, but they are not in my Z30 calendar.

Any ideas?

Regards

Trevor
    I have never seen an online calendar sync with Outlook on a PC unless on BES. I gave up on PC calendar as syncing with BlackBerry was nightmare

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    01-27-14 04:35 PM
    I have never seen an online calendar sync with Outlook on a PC unless on BES. I gave up on PC calendar as syncing with BlackBerry was nightmare
    Using an outlook.com you can sync calendar without hassle (in a BIS configuration). I was hesitant at the beginning and now it is my way to go. It syncs on the fly. Add the outlook.com to Outlook and to your BB10 device and make sure outlook.com calendar -and contacts (if you want)- is your default calendar for both. If they are connected to internet sync will work.
    01-27-14 06:00 PM